Going to my first appointment with the pyschiatrist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2012, 06:43 AM
RE: Going to my first appointment with the pyschiatrist.
(05-11-2012 02:12 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 01:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Tell him you're having homicidal incestual dreams.
Yeah but you have those and you don't need a psychiatrist.

Or do you??? Sadcryface
Your mom isn't my mom, so it's not incest.
Oh and I don't dream of killing people, rather, becoming filthy rich and then hiring people to do that for me. Angel

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-11-2012, 11:01 PM
RE: Going to my first appointment with the pyschiatrist.
Hold on here. There seems to be a lot of misconceptions going on. Is it a psychiatrist, therapist, counselor or psychoanalyst you are seeing? Psychiatrist are only pill dispensers these days and do no therapy or analysis in the majority of cases. They only ask questions off the DSM4 for diagnostics and ask about your mood, appetite, sleeping, concentration, depression, anxiety, etc. It's quick and strait forward to assess if you need meds. Most do work in conjunction with a therapist. Any serious psychiatrist/therapist team would have your people's (is it your parents? unsure about that apart) heads for making you come in for being an atheist. It sounds more like a Christian pseudo-therapist/counselor type; who probably received a mail-in degree, if they are listening to whomever is mounting this inquisition. I'd recommend getting in touch with the local NAMI chapter in your area and complaining about the person you're being sent to see. This person is violating your rights and trying to "treat" a non-problem. If this is an actual shrink-a-dink they should have their license revoked as "treating" atheism is not medicine. I disagree with others here, you're not going to learn anything you can "turn around" on whomever is sending you. Therapy doesn't work that way, especially wacko christian pseudo-therapy. Years ago I was convinced during a real bad depression to go to one of those whack job Xtian therapist once. They didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground and I was schooling them after five minutes. I got up and left.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes HereticHick's post