Going to shoot for a change of scenery and routine...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2012, 08:15 PM
RE: Going to shoot for a change of scenery and routine...
(07-05-2012 07:55 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 09:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Job hunting is dismal right now...swell time to have been laid off. Been trying to search my mind for what I could do other than the bookkeeping I have done forever. Looking through different job listings and checking out what else is out there. Doesn't help that I don't have a degree and that my work history is spotty because of my health issues from 2009-early 2011. I really don't want to end up as a greeter at Walmart.

Have one class done and one final to take on Thursday, then this semester is done. Didn't sign up for summer classes this year, was pretty burned out when registration came along and now the classes that I could use are already full.

Figured it's time to try for a new attitude. My younger daughter is flying here on Friday with her two children, one that I haven't met yet. She is going to take my old car that is a great car but won't pass inspection here...it will be fine in SC where they live. They are staying a short time then driving back. I was worried about her driving cross country with the two little ones alone and then remembered that I had some frequent flier miles that are still good. So I booked a flight back to DFW and am going to drive with her to SC, stay about three days and fly home.

I think a change of scenery will be good. Will give me time to be with my daughter and the kids as well as the opportunity to see a couple old friends. That and I think hubby and I could use a bit of a break.

The plan is for this to clear my mind, give me some time outside of these four walls and come up with a better plan of action.

It's nice to have something to look forward to. And something that can take my mind of the frustration of not being able to find work.

A 1000 mile car trip with two little kids actually sounds like more fun at this point than dealing with my own depressive state and my husband's ill temper.
Maybe a 'change of husband' is in order as well Tongue
Oh, you just don't know...since I am out of work...he keeps telling me how much money he has...he does NOT share. Added to that he will be insane with jealously that I will be gone a few day even though I will be with my daughter and two kids under 5. Doesn't that just sound like a party in the making. I will pay for this for months. Hobo

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-05-2012, 08:18 PM
(07-05-2012 08:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-05-2012 07:55 PM)aurora Wrote:  Maybe a 'change of husband' is in order as well Tongue
Oh, you just don't know...since I am out of work...he keeps telling me how much money he has...he does NOT share. Added to that he will be insane with jealously that I will be gone a few day even though I will be with my daughter and two kids under 5. Doesn't that just sound like a party in the making. I will pay for this for months. Hobo
Well, Anj, it sounds like a 'kick your husbands arse to curb' type of scenario to me Wink

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
07-05-2012, 08:36 PM
^^Being unemployed now makes that a rough go.

07-05-2012, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 08:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-05-2012 09:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That and I think hubby and I could use a bit of a break. ... Oh, you just don't know...since I am out of work...he keeps telling me how much money he has...he does NOT share. Added to that he will be insane with jealously that I will be gone a few day even though I will be with my daughter and two kids under 5. Doesn't that just sound like a party in the making. I will pay for this for months. Hobo

(07-05-2012 07:55 PM)aurora Wrote:  Maybe a 'change of husband' is in order as well Tongue

ManlyGirl just sends me to our bedroom without dinner and I pick up on the hint rather quickly. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
07-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Sounds like I need some pointers from ManlyGirl.

07-05-2012, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 09:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-05-2012 08:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sounds like I need some pointers from ManlyGirl.

Sounds more like your hubby could take some pointers from GirlyMan lest he wind up cold and alone. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
07-05-2012, 10:19 PM
(07-05-2012 09:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-05-2012 08:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sounds like I need some pointers from ManlyGirl.

Sounds more like your hubby could take some pointers from GirlyMan lest he wind up cold and alone. Wink
Thanks for the offer but he refuses to learn anything...lawd knows I have triedl 20 years of wasted effort.

07-05-2012, 10:30 PM
(07-05-2012 08:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
With all due respect he sounds like a douche bag. I say get a refund on the tickets but still take the car trip if you get my meaning.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-05-2012, 10:33 AM
(07-05-2012 04:14 PM)kim Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 11:05 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  You are right. Also, leaving them by accident at the last gas station is looked at as irresponsible. Headphones are still okay though. Big Grin

People, we're talking about children here. Shy

Just strap 'em to the roof; no whining, no messing up the car, and the scenery is great up there. Thumbsup

http://www.thepassinglane.ca/2012/05/whe...umans.html
09-05-2012, 06:27 PM
[Image: Child-On-Car-Hood.jpg]

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)