Going to shoot for a change of scenery and routine...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2012, 07:52 PM
RE: Going to shoot for a change of scenery and routine...
I just can't strap Z-baby to the roof or the hood of the car.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2012, 09:42 PM
(06-05-2012 09:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Job hunting is dismal right now...swell time to have been laid off. Been trying to search my mind for what I could do other than the bookkeeping I have done forever. Looking through different job listings and checking out what else is out there. Doesn't help that I don't have a degree and that my work history is spotty because of my health issues from 2009-early 2011. I really don't want to end up as a greeter at Walmart.

Have one class done and one final to take on Thursday, then this semester is done. Didn't sign up for summer classes this year, was pretty burned out when registration came along and now the classes that I could use are already full.

Figured it's time to try for a new attitude. My younger daughter is flying here on Friday with her two children, one that I haven't met yet. She is going to take my old car that is a great car but won't pass inspection here...it will be fine in SC where they live. They are staying a short time then driving back. I was worried about her driving cross country with the two little ones alone and then remembered that I had some frequent flier miles that are still good. So I booked a flight back to DFW and am going to drive with her to SC, stay about three days and fly home.

I think a change of scenery will be good. Will give me time to be with my daughter and the kids as well as the opportunity to see a couple old friends. That and I think hubby and I could use a bit of a break.

The plan is for this to clear my mind, give me some time outside of these four walls and come up with a better plan of action.

It's nice to have something to look forward to. And something that can take my mind of the frustration of not being able to find work.

A 1000 mile car trip with two little kids actually sounds like more fun at this point than dealing with my own depressive state and my husband's ill temper.

Sounds like fun. Yeah, a road trip might do you some good. At the least it gets your mind off your troubles.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
10-05-2012, 12:11 PM
I do believe that my plan may be working...have had three calls in two days from companies I have sent resumes to. One I was lacking a specific skill and the other two were from pre-screeners...but something's happening and both those jobs would mean a sweet commute! Very close to home. Thumbsup Big Grin Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Interview at 9:30 in the morning! At the place closest to my home. Smile
Clap
Banana_zorro

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
10-05-2012, 05:03 PM
(10-05-2012 02:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Interview at 9:30 in the morning! At the place closest to my home. Smile
Clap
Banana_zorro
Alrighty then! Thumbsup
Good luck

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
10-05-2012, 05:59 PM
(10-05-2012 02:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Interview at 9:30 in the morning! At the place closest to my home. Smile
Clap
Banana_zorro

Yay!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
10-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Clap
Banana_zorro

Nail it. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
10-05-2012, 09:50 PM
100% on my Criminology final tonight! YAY! "A" for the semester...maybe things are turning around.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Rats, my health is preventing me from making the trip. I hate to have disappointed my grand daughter but have to follow doctors orders. They are concerned and want to run some tests and don't think the flight home is a good idea.

I am more upset over breaking Z's heart than I am about the potential health issue.

It's always something.

15-05-2012, 05:16 PM
(15-05-2012 05:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Rats, my health is preventing me from making the trip. I hate to have disappointed my grand daughter but have to follow doctors orders. They are concerned and want to run some tests and don't think the flight home is a good idea.

I am more upset over breaking Z's heart than I am about the potential health issue.

It's always something.
That's disappointing, ay. But health comes before anything else Yes

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)