Going too far

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2013, 02:30 PM
RE: Going too far
(20-10-2013 01:25 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  Guess who stopped by after church. I went out to their vehicle and didn't invite them in. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I really do need to think this problem out, to handle it with diplomacy yet get my message across.

I'm not sure this approach will help, but I thought that I'd throw my two cents in. It sounds like she doesn't think you know Christianity, so she's trying to teach you or show you the way. If it were me (and this may or may not work for you) I'd learn as much of the Bible as you can. Know it back to front, and not just the smiley, feel good passages read in church every Sunday. When she invites you to church, politely decline, but invite her in if she comes by. Be friendly and polite, and if she wants to talk about the Bible, be willing to do so. You can point out the weird inconsistencies between authors, and the passages endorsing slavery and genocide. Being in your home will give her a peak into your life, and maybe if she realizes that your beliefs aren't founded on ignorance, she'll stop trying to teach you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: Going too far
She doesn't know I'm a non-believer, not in her god or any one else's. We get tangled up in trying to be respectful of someone that age. I've decided to tell her I'm a non-believer and it is what it is. My best bet is to not allow her to respond. A friend finally told his bible punching BIL that he doesn't want to hear it any more, and that's what I need to do. I realize there is no gentle way to handle this, it's gotta be straight out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Takelababy's post