Golden State Warriors win championship, refuse to visit the White House

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2017, 10:26 AM
Golden State Warriors win championship, refuse to visit the White House
[Image: nba-finals.jpg]

NBA Champions Golden State unanimously decide they will not be visiting White House

The Golden State Warriors, having won the NBA championship, have decided unanimously to refuse an invitation to visit the White House.

This is becoming a pattern for championship-winning teams to refuse to be photographed with Trump.

Quote:Several members of the Super Bowl winning New England Patriots also declined to visit earlier this year, some citing political reasons.

It is not known at this time whether the Pittsburgh Penguins will accept a White House invitation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
13-06-2017, 12:08 PM
RE: Golden State Warriors win championship, refuse to visit the White House
Quote:No Golden State players, coaches, or staff have issued statements yet regarding why they made the decision.

Because he's an asshole who is in so far over his head he could be charting the Marianas Trench.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
13-06-2017, 02:05 PM
(13-06-2017 12:08 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
Quote:No Golden State players, coaches, or staff have issued statements yet regarding why they made the decision.

Because he's an asshole who is in so far over his head he could be charting the Marianas Trench.

One thing in my paying attention to politics I have noticed since Reagan, the economic right always has used "shop somewhere else, or boycott", but I guess when the left does it all the sudden they don't like market demands.

The right was never for listening to consumers, the right has always been about sole control.

Good for GSW! If you support them, then shoot their social media pages a KUDOS message and thank them.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-06-2017, 07:29 AM
(13-06-2017 10:26 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  [Image: nba-finals.jpg]

NBA Champions Golden State unanimously decide they will not be visiting White House

The Golden State Warriors, having won the NBA championship, have decided unanimously to refuse an invitation to visit the White House.

This is becoming a pattern for championship-winning teams to refuse to be photographed with Trump.

Quote:Several members of the Super Bowl winning New England Patriots also declined to visit earlier this year, some citing political reasons.

It is not known at this time whether the Pittsburgh Penguins will accept a White House invitation.

I love this. Heath, can you check/update the link to the other instances of this? It opens a blank page for me, but I've love to read the source article.

Alternatively, just let me know what keywords you used to find it. Thanks!
14-06-2017, 07:54 AM
(14-06-2017 07:29 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  I love this. Heath, can you check/update the link to the other instances of this? It opens a blank page for me, but I've love to read the source article.

Sorry about that. I can't edit my OP but here's one of the articles:

Yes, athletes have skipped White House visits before. Here's why it's a bigger deal this year.
14-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Hell Tom Brady didn't go and he was supposedly friends with Trump.

I still love that my Cubs made sure to get to the WH before Obama left.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
14-06-2017, 12:01 PM
I've read a couple places that it isn't yet decided whether they'd avoid a white house visit if it were offered. But I think they would.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
14-06-2017, 09:59 PM
(13-06-2017 10:26 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  It is not known at this time whether the Pittsburgh Penguins will accept a White House invitation.

I fucking hope not. Plus, given the amount of shade the mayor of Pittsburgh threw at Trump for his pulling out of the Paris agreements, I hope the Penguins stand with him.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-06-2017, 10:04 PM
(14-06-2017 07:54 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 07:29 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  I love this. Heath, can you check/update the link to the other instances of this? It opens a blank page for me, but I've love to read the source article.

Sorry about that. I can't edit my OP but here's one of the articles:

Yes, athletes have skipped White House visits before. Here's why it's a bigger deal this year.

Holy shit, my Adblock didn't stop and hit about 800 in just a minute, and it still wasn't managing to block all of them!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]