Golden opportunity to rid a theist of the faith virus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2013, 12:33 PM
RE: Golden opportunity to rid a theist of the faith virus
(07-10-2013 12:57 AM)Shawnzy Wrote:  Hey guys, I have a friend of mine who posted on Facebook that he would like to have his faith in christ tested, because he thinks that if there is something out there that can shake his faith, then his faith is not worth having.

Here's his post:
... test the validity of my faith in Jesus and Christianity, not wishing to debate anyone here...
If my faith is not true, then why should I believe it, let alone why should you believe it.

So, he states he does not want to debate the validity of christee stuff but then proceeds to drag others into challenging it's validity?

And the chorus sings... can I get a witness?

Nothing like having a "faith so true" that one begs for it to be "tested". People need to get a real hobby Drinking Beverage ... I hear some people collect stamps.

If this person is a friend of yours, buy a used (cheaper) paperback version of, God Is Not Great and send it to his house with no forwarding address. Maybe one day he'll sincerely look for someone to discuss it with and you two can have a good conversation. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Show him the film 'God On Trial'... really powerful shit that.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2013, 01:03 PM
From my experience its not possible to shake someones faith, they have to question their reality internally, and then when their subconsciously agnostic. they may be willing to absorb non bible explanations for life.
but I think 99% will play possum (Pascal) even if they cross the rational bridge so as not to offend their family or church group.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
07-10-2013, 01:29 PM
(07-10-2013 01:03 PM)sporehux Wrote:  From my experience its not possible to shake someones faith, they have to question their reality internally, and then when their subconsciously agnostic. they may be willing to absorb non bible explanations for life.
but I think 99% will play possum (Pascal) even if they cross the rational bridge so as not to offend their family or church group.

Yabut, if he post da status he might be already questioning... so no harm in sending him some reading material.
08-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Thanks a lot guys
08-10-2013, 03:26 AM
(07-10-2013 12:35 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Show him the film 'God On Trial'... really powerful shit that.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]