Good Catholic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Good Catholic
So I'm out running this morning and I'm almost home. I'm running in front of the church on the block next to my neighborhood and about to cross the church parking lot entrance when I hear a car slowing down next to me. Realizing that it's probably about to turn into the parking lot, I look to make sure that it's going to give me the right of way like the law says it's supposed to. But the car cuts right in front of me and I have to stop running to let it go by. I look into the window to see who this "good Catholic" is that thinks parking in a hurry is more important than my safety and the law. I see the person is all dressed in black with a little white square on the front of the collar. Yup, it was a priest! Asshole. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
04-12-2014, 09:44 AM
RE: Good Catholic
There's a difference between being a good catholic and a good person.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 3 users Like Colourcraze's post
04-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Ha! So true. Smile

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
04-12-2014, 10:03 AM
I hope you flipped him off and said "Thanks, asshole!".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2014, 10:26 AM
(04-12-2014 10:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  I hope you flipped him off and said "Thanks, asshole!".

His windows were up so he wouldn't have heard me. I did think about flipping him off, but decided it wasn't really like me to do that. I figured he probably looked in his rear-view mirror (because he had to know he cut me off) so I stopped in the middle of the entrance and stared in his direction for about 20 seconds with a scowl on my face to make sure he saw it if he was looking.

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
04-12-2014, 03:20 PM
(04-12-2014 09:42 AM)Impulse Wrote:  So I'm out running this morning and I'm almost home. I'm running in front of the church on the block next to my neighborhood and about to cross the church parking lot entrance when I hear a car slowing down next to me. Realizing that it's probably about to turn into the parking lot, I look to make sure that it's going to give me the right of way like the law says it's supposed to. But the car cuts right in front of me and I have to stop running to let it go by. I look into the window to see who this "good Catholic" is that thinks parking in a hurry is more important than my safety and the law. I see the person is all dressed in black with a little white square on the front of the collar. Yup, it was a priest! Asshole. Dodgy

I'm sure he would have stopped for you if you had been much younger.
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
04-12-2014, 03:47 PM
(04-12-2014 09:44 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  There's a difference between being a good catholic and a good person.

There is also a surprising lack of over lap among the two. Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
04-12-2014, 06:16 PM
(04-12-2014 03:47 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 09:44 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  There's a difference between being a good catholic and a good person.

There is also a surprising lack of over lap among the two. Drinking Beverage
No kidding. The millionaire deacon at the church I attended just used the hobby lobby ruling to no longer provide contraceptives for his employees. What a jerk.

http://marysaggies.blogspot.com/2014/12/...fight.html
04-12-2014, 06:16 PM
(04-12-2014 09:42 AM)Impulse Wrote:  So I'm out running this morning and I'm almost home. I'm running in front of the church on the block next to my neighborhood and about to cross the church parking lot entrance when I hear a car slowing down next to me. Realizing that it's probably about to turn into the parking lot, I look to make sure that it's going to give me the right of way like the law says it's supposed to. But the car cuts right in front of me and I have to stop running to let it go by. I look into the window to see who this "good Catholic" is that thinks parking in a hurry is more important than my safety and the law. I see the person is all dressed in black with a little white square on the front of the collar. Yup, it was a priest! Asshole. Dodgy

If you want people to stop show more leg.
04-12-2014, 06:22 PM
(04-12-2014 06:16 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 09:42 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Yup, it was a priest! Asshole. Dodgy

If you want people to stop show more leg.

Impulse is too old. Once the short curlies are in, it loses its charm for them. Smile