Good Christian Love

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2014, 11:15 AM
RE: Good Christian Love
I do not feel sorry for her. Her pain comes from inflicting pain. Fuck her.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2014, 11:22 AM
(28-08-2014 11:15 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I do not feel sorry for her. Her pain comes from inflicting pain. Fuck her.

Do you think she is able to see that she has a choice?

Phil
28-08-2014, 11:25 AM
(28-08-2014 11:22 AM)phil.a Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 11:15 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I do not feel sorry for her. Her pain comes from inflicting pain. Fuck her.

Phil
Yes.

She could have said, Jesus wants us to love each other" or some other thing that " god is love"

But she chose the hateful path.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
28-08-2014, 11:25 AM
(28-08-2014 11:22 AM)phil.a Wrote:  

Phil

She identified that it isn't her choice who he is or how he is. Even in her view of the world, it's his choice. Her selfish bigotry is on her, she uses her religion to facilitate and justify her hate and bigotry. She is a hypocrite, an asshole, and deserves to feel bad for the rest of her life for her actions against her own son.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
28-08-2014, 11:36 AM
In this case her bigotry is a choice - she makes the distinction between gay friends and her gay child.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
28-08-2014, 11:36 AM
I can not watch the vid at work. Kid come out of closet and mom tosses him out?

How can a parent be so cruel to a kid. Short of the kid being some kind of threat or abusive to the parent there is no reason to toss them out. Especially for something like being gay.
28-08-2014, 11:40 AM
The parents are in line with Jesus' instructions, you know. It's the whole 'hate your own children' thing, (Luke 14:26), combined with his claim of 'not bringing peace, but a sword'. (Matthew 10:34)
28-08-2014, 11:41 AM
(28-08-2014 11:40 AM)TheBear Wrote:  The parents are in line with Jesus' instructions, you know. It's the whole 'hate your own children' thing, (Luke 14:26), combined with his claim of 'not bringing peace, but a sword'. (Matthew 10:34)

Yep - good ole' biblical morality at work...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

28-08-2014, 11:44 AM
(28-08-2014 11:25 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 11:22 AM)phil.a Wrote:  Do you think she is able to see that she has a choice?

Phil
Yes.

She could have said, Jesus wants us to love each other" or some other thing that " god is love"

Can you describe any evidence visible in the video that suggests she was aware she had a choice? Either in terms of what she said or the tone of her voice?

I didn't hear any uncertainty or doubt in her voice. I got the sense she did not have the slightest awareness there were any choices in the situation.

Just because we know she had choices, does not mean she knew she had choices, and if she didn't know she had a choice then she didn't really have a choice...

Phil
28-08-2014, 11:47 AM
(28-08-2014 11:44 AM)phil.a Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 11:25 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Yes.

Can you describe any evidence visible in the video that suggests she was aware she had a choice? Either in terms of what she said or the tone of her voice?

I didn't hear any uncertainty or doubt in her voice. I got the sense she did not have the slightest awareness there were any choices in the situation.

Just because we know she had choices, does not mean she knew she had choices, and if she didn't know she had a choice then she didn't really have a choice...

Phil
The point where she distinguishes between her gay friends and gay son.

[+] 4 users Like CiderThinker's post