Good Evening all!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Rainbow Good Evening all!
Hi all,

I have been an avid listener to the podcast for probably over 2 years now and attribute it to my becoming an Atheist. (Thank you Seth!). I was always very religious growing up and eventually went on to earn an MA Divinity (hons.). After studying theology, ecclesiastical history and Biblical studies academically I began to have serious doubts about my (Catholic) faith. I later came to reject it as things were not adding up at all!!! Church history was all too human as was the Bible!

I finally thought I would create a profile on here and join in the discussion! (My username is a bit lame...sorry Seth for stealing part of your tag line but I just couldn't think of anything...... *looks a bit guilty)

I look forward to chatting to you all! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: Good Evening all!
Hey there, welcome! Glad to hear you've finally started thinking. Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
14-12-2012, 10:56 AM
(14-12-2012 10:51 AM)StartThinking2012 Wrote:  Hi all,

I have been an avid listener to the podcast for probably over 2 years now and attribute it to my becoming an Atheist. (Thank you Seth!). I was always very religious growing up and eventually went on to earn an MA Divinity (hons.). After studying theology, ecclesiastical history and Biblical studies academically I began to have serious doubts about my (Catholic) faith. I later came to reject it as things were not adding up at all!!! Church history was all too human as was the Bible!

I finally thought I would create a profile on here and join in the discussion! (My username is a bit lame...sorry Seth for stealing part of your tag line but I just couldn't think of anything...... *looks a bit guilty)

I look forward to chatting to you all! Smile
Welcome, it's good to have another educated member.

But what do you do for a living?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Thank you all! I am currently looking at different career options as i am not sure what to do with my life. I had originally planned to either go into some kind of ministry or go on to get my PhD in Divinity but now that I have lost my faith that doesn't appeal as much!

I haven't totally thrown out the possibility of studying for my PhD but I think I would rather go for a job with a more stable career path to be honest!!!!
14-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Welcome!

[Image: vjp09.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good evening Grettir 13 158 06-05-2014 04:56 PM
Last Post: KidCharlemagne1962
  good afternoon chaps and chapesses jonb 14 332 18-02-2014 01:32 AM
Last Post: Dee
Wink Good evening people YarMatey 3 168 19-10-2013 10:19 AM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Evening all Andrew Davies 4 158 21-07-2013 04:59 PM
Last Post: Erxomai
  Good Evening. Apostasy is my favorite word. HaMMerHeD 9 319 15-01-2013 06:25 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
Smile Good afternoon! SlipStitch 7 413 02-07-2012 03:12 PM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Good day to you Eternal 14 834 10-03-2012 12:41 AM
Last Post: aurora