Good Forum Etiquette
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2014, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 08:52 PM by Wicked Clown.)
Good Forum Etiquette
Just curious what lessons you have learned from the online community forums. Unfortunately this question is vague. What feedback would you offer someone like myself to strengthen their ability to be as mildly annoying as possible?

THank you! The truth hurts but I needed that. Well, some things are obvious but others not so.

I have to be careful because I have gotten in trouble for spamming, trolling, and thread bombing without even realizing or intending to do that. Which is pathetic. I sincerely want to make reparation for the trail of online wreckage I've left behind me in these past seven months. I'm new to this.

Quote:Eight months ago I went to mass on average three times a week, was an alter server, prayed the daily Rosary, and weekly Sacrament of Reconciliation. I was hoping to be a Saint but when I realized that was impossible and my Religious experiences were delusion, it filled me with rage that I had been deceived and the past seven years had been a farce.

This disturbing bombshell manifested itself with reckless behavior (in real life and online) which included multiple occasions of getting arrested IRL and banned from online forums.

I would now like to make amends to the online tresspassing, spamming, trolling, shocking, (and some say victimizing) that I am guilty of. At Af.org I am perma banned and they know me as voldemort (he who should not be named). In what way can I make Reparation. I'd also like more understanding about how my behavior negatively affected people.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Wicked Clown's post
03-08-2014, 08:18 PM
RE: Good Forum Etiquette
Don't be a dick.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 10 users Like Dom's post
03-08-2014, 08:19 PM
A good start would be to read the rules .

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 5 users Like aurora's post
03-08-2014, 08:21 PM
I found being new to a group it's better to listen and get a feel for how it works, rather than repeatedly starting threads for inane reasons. (Like this one)

If you really need to be told how to behave within a group of strangers I suggest you lay off of whatever it is you're huffing.

The attempts at being outrageous are just plain sad, please stop.
[+] 7 users Like pablo's post
03-08-2014, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 08:28 PM by Wicked Clown.)
(03-08-2014 08:19 PM)aurora Wrote:  A good start would be to read the rules .
Thank you!
Believe it or not. This is the first time I will thoroughly read it. Thank you!

One thing that I concerned about is people on cell phones can have the same IP. It is always wandering. I was accused of being a sock of someone on af.com because I had an identical IP. It happens.

Also, I noticed in your announcements that you accidently banned multiple people for having the same IP and then unbanned them. What happened?
03-08-2014, 08:38 PM
(03-08-2014 08:24 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 08:19 PM)aurora Wrote:  A good start would be to read the rules .
Thank you!
Believe it or not. This is the first time I will thoroughly read it. Thank you!

So you didn't read them when I linked you to them in our short PM exchange?

I am disappoint.

(03-08-2014 08:24 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  ...
Also, I noticed in your announcements that you accidently banned multiple people for having the same IP and then unbanned them. What happened?

KC fucked up. So he banned himself.

Angel

This was the first forum I ever joined. I read tons before I started dipping my toe (fingers, whatever) into ongoing conversations... gauging the tone of the place and assessing personalities.

One message was repeated loud and clear...

... see post #2, above.

03-08-2014, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 08:58 PM by Wicked Clown.)
(03-08-2014 08:21 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  I found being new to a group it's better to listen and get a feel for how it works, rather than repeatedly starting threads for inane reasons. (Like this one)

If you really need to be told how to behave within a group of strangers I suggest you lay off of whatever it is you're huffing.

THank you! The truth hurts but I needed that. Well, some things are obvious but others not so.

I have to be careful because I have gotten in trouble for spamming, trolling, and thread bombing without even realizing or intending to do that. Which is pathetic. I sincerely want to make reparation for the trail of online wreckage I've left behind me in these past seven months. I'm new to this.

Eight months ago I went to mass on average three times a week, was an alter server, prayed the daily Rosary, and weekly Sacrament of Reconciliation. I was hoping to be a Saint but when I realized that was impossible and my Religious experiences were delusion, it filled me with rage that I had been deceived and the past seven years had been a farce. This disturbing bombshell manifested itself with multiple accounts of getting arrested IRL and banned from online forums.

I would now like to make amends to the online tresspassing, spamming, trolling, shocking, (and some say victimizing) that I am guilty of. At Af.org I am perma banned and they know me as voldemort (he who should not be named). In what way can I make Reparation. I'd also like more understanding about how my behavior negatively affected people.

Although I have never sock puppeted this forum I bet I sock puppeted af.org maybe 20 times in the past four months. (THe epitome of a young man with no life.)

I would now like to make amends to the online portion of it that I have hurt. At Af.org I am perma banned. In what way can I make Reparation. I'd also like more understanding about how my behavior negatively affected people.
03-08-2014, 09:06 PM
"Don't be a dick" is TTA's 'golden rule', implemented (but not enforced) by our first admin, and essentially the forum's founder. It is a vast improvement over the colloquial golden rule as it suggests treating people well regardless of how you wish to be treated.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
03-08-2014, 09:25 PM
(03-08-2014 08:50 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 08:21 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  I found being new to a group it's better to listen and get a feel for how it works, rather than repeatedly starting threads for inane reasons. (Like this one)

Eight months ago I went to mass on average three times a week, was an alter server, prayed the daily Rosary, and weekly Sacrament of Reconciliation. I was hoping to be a Saint but when I realized that was impossible and my Religious experiences were delusion, it filled me with rage that I had been deceived and the past seven years had been a farce. This disturbing bombshell manifested itself with multiple accounts of getting arrested IRL and banned from online forums.

Although I have never sock puppeted this forum I bet I sock puppeted af.org maybe 20 times in the past four months. (THe epitome of a young man with no life.)

I would now like to make amends to the online portion of it that I have hurt. At Af.org I am perma banned. In what way can I make Reparation. I'd also like more understanding about how my behavior negatively affected people.

Dude, you don't need to respond to every post you read.

330 posts since July 25th? Really?
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
03-08-2014, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 09:32 PM by Wicked Clown.)
Okay, is there something wrong with wanting to get in the 50 posts that I'm allowed in a 24 hour period?

Aurora, your worship, I have thoroughly read your instructions. I look up to you as the Atheists equivalent of the Pope! Smile

I look forward to your wise counsel and instruction. And my obedience of course.
Thread Closed