Good Forum Etiquette
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: Good Forum Etiquette
(03-08-2014 09:28 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Okay, is there something wrong with wanting to get in the 50 posts that I'm allowed in a 24 hour period?

Aurora, your worship, I have thoroughly read your instructions. I look up to you as the Atheists equivalent of the Pope! Smile

I look forward to your wise counsel and instruction

So, you just post babble to fill a quota?

I'm sorry I even bothered responding now, you're more fucked up than I realized.
Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
03-08-2014, 10:00 PM
You can be a dick, I am living proof of that, you just have to do with a certain flare.
There's a fine line and you just have to learn when you can cross it and when you can't.

Generally when you're fob you can't cross it. When you've been around more and people know you and get to know your personality you can push the limits a bit more.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-08-2014, 10:03 PM
(03-08-2014 10:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You can be a dick, I am living proof of that, you just have to do with a certain flare.

The question is 'What is good forum etiquette?'. The question is not 'How can I be a little prick and get away with it?' Sleepy

[+] 12 users Like Dark Light's post
03-08-2014, 10:18 PM
(03-08-2014 08:04 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Just curious what lessons you have learned from the online community forums. Unfortunately this question is vague. What feedback would you offer someone like myself to strengthen their ability to be as mildly annoying as possible?

#1 Read the rules.
#2 Introduce yourself.
#3 Look over the board, read through some of the threads, & get a feel for the way the members interact with each other.
#4 Join in on discussions.
#5 Take your time settling into the rhythm of things.
#6 Remember it's a forum for discussion, questions, and sharing. It is NOT a race. You don't get extra points for starting tons of new threads, or achieving 50 posts per day. Think of substance rather than quantity!

And ease up on the caffeine buddy! Laugh out load Teasing you a little bit!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 6 users Like CindysRain's post
03-08-2014, 10:42 PM
(03-08-2014 10:18 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 08:04 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Just curious what lessons you have learned from the online community forums. Unfortunately this question is vague. What feedback would you offer someone like myself to strengthen their ability to be as mildly annoying as possible?

#1 Read the rules.
#2 Introduce yourself.
#3 Look over the board, read through some of the threads, & get a feel for the way the members interact with each other.
#4 Join in on discussions.
#5 Take your time settling into the rhythm of things.
#6 Remember it's a forum for discussion, questions, and sharing. It is NOT a race. You don't get extra points for starting tons of new threads, or achieving 50 posts per day. Think of substance rather than quantity!

And ease up on the caffeine buddy! Laugh out load Teasing you a little bit!
I wish it were only caffeine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Wicked Clown's post
03-08-2014, 10:46 PM
(03-08-2014 08:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 08:24 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Thank you!
Believe it or not. This is the first time I will thoroughly read it. Thank you!

So you didn't read them when I linked you to them in our short PM exchange?

I am disappoint.

(03-08-2014 08:24 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  ...
Angel

I'm sorry. I clicked on the link and briefly looked. I had a delayed response I guess! My intentions were good! Smile

It wasn't that I didn't read it but the key word is "Thoroughly".
04-08-2014, 01:53 AM
Quote:The attempts at being outrageous are just plain sad
This
04-08-2014, 02:46 AM
(03-08-2014 10:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You can be a dick, I am living proof of that, you just have to do with a certain flare.
There's a fine line and you just have to learn when you can cross it and when you can't.

Generally when you're fob you can't cross it. When you've been around more and people know you and get to know your personality you can push the limits a bit more.

I'm very familiar with the personality of Turdmuffin. Thats why I'm ready to uncomment a single line of code at a moments notice.

Just give me an excuse. Please.

P.S. If anyone notices Turdmuffin straying even a millimeter over any lines let me know asap! I'll be happy enable that restriction again. Next time I'll go for 3-4 weeks.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
04-08-2014, 04:18 AM
(03-08-2014 08:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  Don't be a dick.

But, but there are several dicks on this forum that are quite endearing to many of us. To become an endearing dick, you just have to persist in dickery and exude dick charm. All you have to do is find your dick charm and over time we will love you for it. Frankly, I see a spark of dick charm in you already Yes.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 3 users Like Dee's post
04-08-2014, 06:06 AM
I already gave you two links to material to read. And comprehend.

You lack social skills and impulse control. You can't help but being annoying. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
Thread Closed