Good Forum Etiquette
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: Good Forum Etiquette
Quote:Don't post when half asleep.
Anytime I've been banned from a forum in the last half year, being under the influence played a role if not being entirely responsible for the ban.
Find all posts by this user
04-08-2014, 02:35 PM
(04-08-2014 02:46 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 10:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You can be a dick, I am living proof of that, you just have to do with a certain flare.
There's a fine line and you just have to learn when you can cross it and when you can't.

Generally when you're fob you can't cross it. When you've been around more and people know you and get to know your personality you can push the limits a bit more.

I'm very familiar with the personality of Turdmuffin. Thats why I'm ready to uncomment a single line of code at a moments notice.

Just give me an excuse. Please.

P.S. If anyone notices Turdmuffin straying even a millimeter over any lines let me know asap! I'll be happy enable that restriction again. Next time I'll go for 3-4 weeks.

Bring it bitch.

[Image: oscar.png]
05-08-2014, 01:30 AM
(04-08-2014 02:33 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
Quote:Don't post when half asleep.
Anytime I've been banned from a forum in the last half year, being under the influence played a role if not being entirely responsible for the ban.

Stop whining! (
that sounds familiar) I was banned from atheistfoundation.org.au/ for life!!!
You could try there.
05-08-2014, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 09:24 AM by Lienda Bella.)
Dodgy

If you're allowed to be imperfect, you might as well allow the same for others.

At least try to confirm the context of their message before posting unforgivable things.

Do not cling dishonestly to your own interpretation of context and start bullying the target when the target has told you at least twice what they actually said.

Don't lie through your little key board to every member online about what so and so told you in private messages.

Don't publically post your personal choice of private messages in an effort to flame the target.

Don't lie to the moderator about private message harassment when the sender only sent one single message ever! (I have had that BS repeatedly for five years or so in the previous forum site which I used.)

Don't call someone a theist extremist or creatard when they post a sarcastic comment and spell the word "god" properly.

Don't grammar snob someone furiously and then screw up parts of your own text to the point that the very illiterate and uneducated can tell. Facepalm I can't count how many times I have seen this.

If a Christian is on the same band wagon in support of medicine, don't be a troll by telling them to "learn to take pills," to stop praying over dead babies and so forth!
[+] 2 users Like Lienda Bella's post
05-08-2014, 10:11 AM
(03-08-2014 09:25 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 08:50 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  THank you! The truth hurts but I needed that. Well, some things are obvious but others not so.

I have to be careful because I have gotten in trouble for spamming, trolling, and thread bombing without even realizing or intending to do that. Which is pathetic. I sincerely want to make reparation for the trail of online wreckage I've left behind me in these past seven months. I'm new to this.

Eight months ago I went to mass on average three times a week, was an alter server, prayed the daily Rosary, and weekly Sacrament of Reconciliation. I was hoping to be a Saint but when I realized that was impossible and my Religious experiences were delusion, it filled me with rage that I had been deceived and the past seven years had been a farce. This disturbing bombshell manifested itself with multiple accounts of getting arrested IRL and banned from online forums.

I would now like to make amends to the online tresspassing, spamming, trolling, shocking, (and some say victimizing) that I am guilty of. At Af.org I am perma banned and they know me as voldemort (he who should not be named). In what way can I make Reparation. I'd also like more understanding about how my behavior negatively affected people.

Although I have never sock puppeted this forum I bet I sock puppeted af.org maybe 20 times in the past four months. (THe epitome of a young man with no life.)

I would now like to make amends to the online portion of it that I have hurt. At Af.org I am perma banned. In what way can I make Reparation. I'd also like more understanding about how my behavior negatively affected people.

Dude, you don't need to respond to every post you read.

330 posts since July 25th? Really?
Have you noticed I rarely post here recently? Big Grin
05-08-2014, 10:34 AM
I don't like blanket solutions in dialogue. Everything to me is contextual. The most important thing to me is consent. Outside that you can ask someone to do something or not do something, if they don't and it is your playing field you can kick them out. If it is theirs, they can kick you out. But if it is on either's turf and they both consent, or on neutral turf and they both consent, then third parties have no say.

I hate it when people assume for me what I can handle. I hate it when people assume the person I am debating with cant handle it. It ultimately amounts to comfort level. If you like the library great, but others don't mind the verbal boxing ring.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Well although my reputation is in the negative, it looks like I have enough likes for the staff to realize that my presence here isn't totally undesirable. I must make a good contribution at least on a daily basis because my liked posts outnumber the days I've been a member, if that says anything.
05-08-2014, 12:14 PM
(03-08-2014 08:24 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  One thing that I concerned about is people on cell phones can have the same IP. It is always wandering. I was accused of being a sock of someone on af.com because I had an identical IP. It happens.

Also, I noticed in your announcements that you accidently banned multiple people for having the same IP and then unbanned them. What happened?

(03-08-2014 08:50 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Although I have never sock puppeted this forum I bet I sock puppeted af.org maybe 20 times in the past four months. (THe epitome of a young man with no life.)

You are trouble.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
05-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Would it help for you to think about who your "audience" is when you are posting? How I speak to a teenager is different than how I speak to my 73 year old grandmother. I try not to use medical jargon that can't be easily Google because it doesn't communicate my message. Just stop and THINK for a moment about context prior to hitting the post button.

I find there are several on this site with conservative backgrounds as myself. I like to come here to have a laugh at religion (laughter is my coping mechanism after the TRAUMA it has caused me). Pablo's posts on the pics for a laugh at religion are some of my favorite, but would be completely inappropriate and offensive for me to discuss with anyone I know other than my brother. Atheists are a diverse group, what you find in common here (I spent weeks browsing before I ever posted, and I still read a lot more than I post on) is that most are atheists because they used their noodle and decided belief in a god is illogical. This is not a character statement. This says very little about the PERSON you are COMMUNICATING with on the other side of the computer screen.

Maybe this will paint a picture for you about me so you can "see" who you are talking to: I almost always wear red lipstick, pearls, dresses, and heels when I'm not in scrubs or workout clothes. Maybe jeans and an Auburn shirt. Hell, I wear my pearl earrings to work. I'm a wife and mother. I curse, a LOT. I try to be compassionate and kind to everyone I meet, until they show their ass - then you get my condescending bless your heart. I respect people that can admit they are wrong, when they are, in fact, wrong. I don't like bullies. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to gross me out. I will pick craft beer over wine, and wine over bud light. I've never been arrested. I used drugs as a teenager, but as an adult I have found it would threaten my job, my health, and my family's financial security as well as pose a threat to patient safety if I were to continue to use drugs. Does that help you to understand how to talk to me, by having a slightly better understanding of me? (Even if this just scratches the surface)

There are consequences to our actions - think about that and what it means for your behavior both on an online forum and IRL. Spend some time shadowing in an ED and see the consequences of poor impulse control. Things I've seen: a man paralyzed and missing most of his skin (among other more life threatening injuries) because he decided to drive 100 mph down the interstate on a motorcycle after doing lines of cocaine, multiple gun shot wounds from dope deals gone bad, a 4 year old's parents being told we couldn't save him after being dragged under the car of a drunk driver for 150 yards, a 20 year old opiate overdose on a ventilator with a possible anoxic brain injury (brain damage from lack of oxygen from respiratory depression).... Now my patient population is cardiac - some are patients because of smoking and poor eating habits, others because of genetics, heart damage from chemo, old age, etc.

Also, you don't have to comment on everything. I just hit the "like" button if I don't have much else to add. I don't comment much in the philosophy section cause I'm like a little kid with floaties on in the deep end. I just read and learn.

I get the impression that you like to type and see what kind of response the computer will flash on the screen, you're not really thinking about other people all that much. Granted, this thread shows a great willingness to learn and grow as a person, and I respect that.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 9 users Like Nurse's post
05-08-2014, 01:23 PM
(05-08-2014 01:11 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Would it help for you to think about who your "audience" is when you are posting? How I speak to a teenager is different than how I speak to my 73 year old grandmother. I try not to use medical jargon that can't be easily Google because it doesn't communicate my message. Just stop and THINK for a moment about context prior to hitting the post button.

I find there are several on this site with conservative backgrounds as myself. I like to come here to have a laugh at religion (laughter is my coping mechanism after the TRAUMA it has caused me). Pablo's posts on the pics for a laugh at religion are some of my favorite, but would be completely inappropriate and offensive for me to discuss with anyone I know other than my brother. Atheists are a diverse group, what you find in common here (I spent weeks browsing before I ever posted, and I still read a lot more than I post on) is that most are atheists because they used their noodle and decided belief in a god is illogical. This is not a character statement. This says very little about the PERSON you are COMMUNICATING with on the other side of the computer screen.

Maybe this will paint a picture for you about me so you can "see" who you are talking to: I almost always wear red lipstick, pearls, dresses, and heels when I'm not in scrubs or workout clothes. Maybe jeans and an Auburn shirt. Hell, I wear my pearl earrings to work. I'm a wife and mother. I curse, a LOT. I try to be compassionate and kind to everyone I meet, until they show their ass - then you get my condescending bless your heart. I respect people that can admit they are wrong, when they are, in fact, wrong. I don't like bullies. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to gross me out. I will pick craft beer over wine, and wine over bud light. I've never been arrested. I used drugs as a teenager, but as an adult I have found it would threaten my job, my health, and my family's financial security as well as pose a threat to patient safety if I were to continue to use drugs. Does that help you to understand how to talk to me, by having a slightly better understanding of me? (Even if this just scratches the surface)

There are consequences to our actions - think about that and what it means for your behavior both on an online forum and IRL. Spend some time shadowing in an ED and see the consequences of poor impulse control. Things I've seen: a man paralyzed and missing most of his skin (among other more life threatening injuries) because he decided to drive 100 mph down the interstate on a motorcycle after doing lines of cocaine, multiple gun shot wounds from dope deals gone bad, a 4 year old's parents being told we couldn't save him after being dragged under the car of a drunk driver for 150 yards, a 20 year old opiate overdose on a ventilator with a possible anoxic brain injury (brain damage from lack of oxygen from respiratory depression).... Now my patient population is cardiac - some are patients because of smoking and poor eating habits, others because of genetics, heart damage from chemo, old age, etc.

Also, you don't have to comment on everything. I just hit the "like" button if I don't have much else to add. I don't comment much in the philosophy section cause I'm like a little kid with floaties on in the deep end. I just read and learn.

I get the impression that you like to type and see what kind of response the computer will flash on the screen, you're not really thinking about other people all that much. Granted, this thread shows a great willingness to learn and grow as a person, and I respect that.

Exceptionally good post. *Clapping*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
Thread Closed