Good Forum Etiquette
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Good Forum Etiquette
(05-08-2014 12:14 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 08:24 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  One thing that I concerned about is people on cell phones can have the same IP. It is always wandering. I was accused of being a sock of someone on af.com because I had an identical IP. It happens.

Also, I noticed in your announcements that you accidently banned multiple people for having the same IP and then unbanned them. What happened?

(03-08-2014 08:50 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Although I have never sock puppeted this forum I bet I sock puppeted af.org maybe 20 times in the past four months. (THe epitome of a young man with no life.)

You are trouble.
I am Honest! (I dont do that anymore. I want to change!)
Find all posts by this user
05-08-2014, 04:13 PM
(05-08-2014 04:08 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 12:14 PM)bemore Wrote:  You are trouble.

Define honest.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
05-08-2014, 04:36 PM

Go somewhere else and change in private. Then come back.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
06-08-2014, 11:42 AM
(05-08-2014 04:13 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 04:08 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  I am Honest! (I dont do that anymore. I want to change!)

Define honest.
I don't deliberately tell something that isn't true at least not unless it could get me in Legal trouble for telling the truth, which is almost never.

I have never intentionally spoken what I knew to be not true on this website, though a user here repeatedly falsely accuses me of dishonesty. Now I have occasional misunderstood something and spoken falsehood but that isn't what I'd consider a lie when one is unaware that they have misunderstood and are speaking falsehood unconsciously.

I'm transparent with people. If I do something wrong I admit what I did. If I am sick in the head, or inept, or have behaved stupidly, I admit what I've done or answer the questions honestly like when a member here asked to give a detailed description on my bad behavior that got me banned from another forum.

Do you have any personal questions?
06-08-2014, 01:50 PM
(03-08-2014 08:24 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  One thing that I concerned about is people on cell phones can have the same IP. It is always wandering. I was accused of being a sock of someone on af.com because I had an identical IP. It happens.
---
(03-08-2014 08:50 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Although I have never sock puppeted this forum I bet I sock puppeted af.org maybe 20 times in the past four months. (THe epitome of a young man with no life.)

In one sentence, you say you were accused of being a sock on AF.com, blaming the accusation on an IP issue.
In another sentence, you state that you were indeed a sock on AF.com "in the past four months".

Being honest doesn't necessarily mean not lying... it most often means fully taking responsibility for one's own actions.

Being proactively responsible is being honest. Thereafter, no explanations are necessary.

Caught in a lie, you claim innocence but, this is just an explanation to draw attention from your inability to be consistently responsible.

Innocence and trust are only afforded to those responsible enough to take care of them. You can't just want change, you have to want responsibility and prove you are able to handle it. It doesn't come quickly... nor easily.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-08-2014, 01:58 PM
On forum, as in life, I live by one rule of conversational etiquette; say stuff and hope for the best.
[+] 4 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
06-08-2014, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 02:16 PM by WitchSabrina.)
There's only one forum ettiquet rule that matters....everyday, all day....

(Get your notebooks ready)

*Drum roll*

Don't be a dick.

Period.
THats it.
Elvis has left the building.

If
IF you're in any way confused as to what that actually means...
Read.
Read the forum until you get the idea.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
06-08-2014, 03:39 PM
I do not believe that I have ever had the intention of decreasing the desirability of anyone to come to this forum. that doesn't mean that I haven't spoken negatively about someone else on this forum, but the only situation when I remember doing that was when somebody was making things up about me to destroy my reputation.
06-08-2014, 03:42 PM
what I meant was that at af.com I was using my cell phone and I had the exact same IP as another member there who was not me. the administrator accused me of being him via P. M..
06-08-2014, 03:59 PM
(06-08-2014 03:39 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  I do not believe that I have ever had the intention of decreasing the desirability of anyone to come to this forum. that doesn't mean that I haven't spoken negatively about someone else on this forum, but the only situation when I remember doing that was when somebody was making things up about me to destroy my reputation.

I, for one, don't give a flying fuck about your intentions, only about your actions.

You appear unable to translate your stated intentions into appropriate behavior.
It is not our place to provide you with the therapy you so desperately need.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
Thread Closed