Good God? I don't fucking think so.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Good God? I don't fucking think so.
(21-09-2014 08:09 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(20-09-2014 02:23 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I didn't ask an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink question. And you didn't answer what I did ask. Drinking Beverage

I didn't answer you? You think a moral person who steals once is a "bad person"? Should we recycle them? And, if another atheist disagrees with you, then doesn't that demonstrate atheists cherry-pick rather than adhering to absolute moral standards? And, will you get upset when you hear what my question is about absolute moral standards and evolution?
You still didn't answer my question. (Hint: more questions aren't an ANSWER.) I asked a simple either or question. Which one is your answer?

On another note, I seriously have to wonder why you're so evasive. It wreaks of intellectual dishonesty. Dodgy

Edit:
(Btw, a full time thief doesn't steal once...)

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Hey, can you guys let me know when it's my turn? I want a crack at it, but I'm still busy curb-stomping Lumi and Res.

[Image: 85322757-boy-hitting-pinata-explosion-of...uLwldcM%3D]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-09-2014, 10:03 AM
Quote:You still didn't answer my question. (Hint: more questions aren't an ANSWER.) I asked a simple either or question. Which one is your answer?

On another note, I seriously have to wonder why you're so evasive. It wreaks of intellectual dishonesty. Dodgy

This question? "If a full-time thief also gives his child presents, should we "account for" the giving of presents (bought with stolen money too no doubt) or should we just recognize that this is not a good person?"

Can we answer it by saying that Heavenly Father both steals and gives His children presents but in just modes only? Would that work?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2014, 10:48 AM
(24-09-2014 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Can we answer it by saying that Heavenly Father both steals and gives His children presents but in just modes only? Would that work?

No, word salad never works. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-09-2014, 11:14 AM
(24-09-2014 10:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Can we answer it by saying that Heavenly Father both steals and gives His children presents but in just modes only? Would that work?

No, word salad never works. Drinking Beverage

Are you uncomfortable with someone saying the Lord takes (steals) and gives (presents) but justly, accurately, precisely and carefully? Can we look with simple tools to find evidence of biblical statements like this one?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
24-09-2014, 11:22 AM
(24-09-2014 11:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 10:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, word salad never works. Drinking Beverage

Are you uncomfortable with someone saying the Lord takes (steals) and gives (presents) but justly, accurately, precisely and carefully? Can we look with simple tools to find evidence of biblical statements like this one?

Presuppositional word salad at that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-09-2014, 11:30 AM

If you're going to attempt the argument that any action, any at all, is "just" when performed by a god, then you are simply giving in to what you view as ultimate authority. An ultimate authority that tells you it's the ultimate authority via a written book is the biggest scam I'm aware of to date.

It's too bad you weren't around when PleaseJesus was here. You two would have been best mates. I wouldn't be surprised if you were his sock puppet: "justly, accurately, precisely and carefully"

Hmmm...

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
24-09-2014, 12:00 PM
It' so fun seeing atheists get so angry when presented with the truth...

Truth seeker.
24-09-2014, 12:21 PM
(24-09-2014 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  This question? "If a full-time thief also gives his child presents, should we "account for" the giving of presents (bought with stolen money too no doubt) or should we just recognize that this is not a good person?"

Can we answer it by saying that Heavenly Father both steals and gives His children presents but in just modes only? Would that work?
Correct question and it's still unanswered. I asked about a thief.

But, about you're comment, how can stealing be just? God supposedly said "thou shalt not steal". Is God exempt from his own rules for morality? Even if you answer "yes", that would only mean he can do whatever he wants; it would not mean his stealing is "just".

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
24-09-2014, 01:52 PM
(24-09-2014 12:00 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  It' so fun seeing atheists get so angry when presented with the truth...

It' great that you' having fun!

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?