Good God? I don't fucking think so.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2014, 08:15 AM
RE: Good God? I don't fucking think so.
(24-09-2014 12:00 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  It' so fun seeing atheists get so angry when presented with the truth...

Deliberate trolling is deliberate.

Time to go.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2014, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2014 12:22 PM by The Q Continuum.)
(24-09-2014 11:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 11:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Are you uncomfortable with someone saying the Lord takes (steals) and gives (presents) but justly, accurately, precisely and carefully? Can we look with simple tools to find evidence of biblical statements like this one?

Presuppositional word salad at that. Drinking Beverage

How is it presuppositional to defend an existing text that The Q didn't write? How is it presuppositional to ask you to tell me whether we might use simple tools to explore the truths of a stated text?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-09-2014, 12:20 PM
(24-09-2014 11:30 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Can we answer it by saying that Heavenly Father both steals and gives His children presents but in just modes only? Would that work?

If you're going to attempt the argument that any action, any at all, is "just" when performed by a god, then you are simply giving in to what you view as ultimate authority. An ultimate authority that tells you it's the ultimate authority via a written book is the biggest scam I'm aware of to date.

It's too bad you weren't around when PleaseJesus was here. You two would have been best mates. I wouldn't be surprised if you were his sock puppet: "justly, accurately, precisely and carefully"

Hmmm...

Did I take the "might makes right" position here or did I ask if an omniscient being is able to take and give justly? Omnipotence does not imply omniscience, so I'm sure we both find the might makes right position untenable, yes?

By the way, did you know you hit the Muslim nail on the head (no Jesus pun intended) when you wrote about the circular nature of a book saying its text is the ultimate authority? The Q have not monitored this forum for a long "time" (as humans measure linear time) but we noticed that Christians on this sphere seem to tell their fellow Earth-travelers that their text is backed by more than, well, mere text, so you are making a bit of a straw man, no? Will you admit to doing so? Or have you written a book that showed the author had Q-like control of time itself?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
26-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Q Continuum, do you ever give a reply that isn't interrogative? You seem to run from stating your position on anything. Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
26-09-2014, 10:45 AM
(25-09-2014 12:20 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 11:30 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  If you're going to attempt the argument that any action, any at all, is "just" when performed by a god, then you are simply giving in to what you view as ultimate authority. An ultimate authority that tells you it's the ultimate authority via a written book is the biggest scam I'm aware of to date.

It's too bad you weren't around when PleaseJesus was here. You two would have been best mates. I wouldn't be surprised if you were his sock puppet: "justly, accurately, precisely and carefully"

Hmmm...

Did I take the "might makes right" position here or did I ask if an omniscient being is able to take and give justly? Omnipotence does not imply omniscience, so I'm sure we both find the might makes right position untenable, yes?

By the way, did you know you hit the Muslim nail on the head (no Jesus pun intended) when you wrote about the circular nature of a book saying its text is the ultimate authority? The Q have not monitored this forum for a long "time" (as humans measure linear time) but we noticed that Christians on this sphere seem to tell their fellow Earth-travelers that their text is backed by more than, well, mere text, so you are making a bit of a straw man, no? Will you admit to doing so? Or have you written a book that showed the author had Q-like control of time itself?

Hi PJ-

Love the new identity. I was a big fan of Q back in the day. Anyways...

I didn't ask you a question, so I'm not sure what it is you're answering. Do you see the words "might, force, power, etc" in my post above? It's irrelevant to address them as they're not part of my comment. Authority, if we examine it carefully, fairly, and gently, need not imply a forceful or oppressive nature. I said "if you're going to attempt the argument..."

Perhaps you don't feel your god is the ultimate authority on morality; you're not going to attempt the argument? You're not headed that way? You could simply clear up any misunderstanding by answering the following:
Is your god capable of doing something unjust? Has it ever done something unjust? By what standards do you judge your gods actions?

Harry Potter is backed by more than just text. I've seen muggles and I've been to the train station. I've also held a magic wand, although I was unable to use its power. I still haven't seen a talking donkey or a human turned into a pillar of salt, but one can hope...

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
26-09-2014, 11:20 AM
(26-09-2014 10:10 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Q Continuum, do you ever give a reply that isn't interrogative? You seem to run from stating your position on anything. Drinking Beverage

Have you heard the expression, "When we stop asking questions, we stop learning?"

26-09-2014, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2014 11:33 AM by The Q Continuum.)
(26-09-2014 10:45 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 12:20 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Did I take the "might makes right" position here or did I ask if an omniscient being is able to take and give justly? Omnipotence does not imply omniscience, so I'm sure we both find the might makes right position untenable, yes?

Hi PJ-

Love the new identity. I was a big fan of Q back in the day. Anyways...

I didn't ask you a question, so I'm not sure what it is you're answering. Do you see the words "might, force, power, etc" in my post above? It's irrelevant to address them as they're not part of my comment. Authority, if we examine it carefully, fairly, and gently, need not imply a forceful or oppressive nature. I said "if you're going to attempt the argument..."

Perhaps you don't feel your god is the ultimate authority on morality; you're not going to attempt the argument? You're not headed that way? You could simply clear up any misunderstanding by answering the following:
Is your god capable of doing something unjust? Has it ever done something unjust? By what standards do you judge your gods actions?

Harry Potter is backed by more than just text. I've seen muggles and I've been to the train station. I've also held a magic wand, although I was unable to use its power. I still haven't seen a talking donkey or a human turned into a pillar of salt, but one can hope...

Since I'm having problems following much of what you wrote, I think I am confused...?

As I would say that I know the heavenly father best through Bible standards, I'd ask you, what standards do you use to judge your own actions? Wouldn't it be wise for us to discover standards of good and evil together before we attempt to judge a god?

By the way, if I said "you don't have empirical Potter evidence other than your own metaphysical visit to the train station", isn't your best response, "Do you see a problem with saying 'only material things exist, and for me to accept that an immaterial Harry Potter exists, he must be material'..."? In other words, aren't you merely setting up a scientism-derived straw man to attack my god? Do you even know which god I follow before you attack? What if I follow a materialist god? Didn't you know The Q have long ago bent matter and time to their will? Should you not regard The Q as gods, Earthling?

26-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Hi PJ-

(26-09-2014 11:29 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Since I'm having problems following much of what you wrote, I think I am confused...?

Ah. Of course. You're confused. That's too bad. I'll leave the post up, however, for other readers and lurkers to contemplate. Hopefully they all won't be as confused as you were! Thumbsup

0/1

(26-09-2014 11:29 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  As I would say that I know the heavenly father best through Bible standards, I'd ask you, what standards do you use to judge your own actions? Wouldn't it be wise for us to discover standards of good and evil together before we attempt to judge a god?

Thank you for not answering my question. Thumbsup

0/2

(26-09-2014 11:29 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  By the way, if I said "you don't have empirical Potter evidence other than your own metaphysical visit to the train station", isn't your best response, "Do you see a problem with saying 'only material things exist, and for me to accept that an immaterial Harry Potter exists, he must be material'..."?

I'm going to spit out the words you tried to put in my mouth. C'mon PJ, that's weak. I didn't say only material things exist, and I didn't ask for material proof of immaterial things. Are you trying to direct the conversation towards a presuppositional topic?

My evidence is sound. I've seen the location and it matches the description of what I read. The wand also matches the description of what I read. In the book the wand, train station, and Harry are all material, so expecting the to exist in a material state is a... wait for it... reasonable expectation. And they do exist.

0/3

(26-09-2014 11:29 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  In other words, aren't you merely setting up a scientism-derived straw man to attack my god? Do you even know which god I follow before you attack?

Where have I attacked your god? I was asking for clarification on whether or not your god can do an unjust action, and how it would be determined unjust.

0/4

(26-09-2014 11:29 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  What if I follow a materialist god? Didn't you know The Q have long ago bent matter and time to their will? Should you not regard The Q as gods, Earthling?

You can follow whatever god you like. I would still ask for a description, and you would probably respond with "I'm confused, here are some questions to direct the conversation towards a presuppositional topic with which I am more comfortable." To regard the Q as gods, I'd need a specific definition of what a god is, which no theist is ever able to provide.

0/5

Really, PJ, you should know better by now... putting words in peoples mouths, redirecting the conversation, avoiding direct answers. While you seem to not learn from past experiences, I do.

You're on ignore. See ya.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 3 users Like guitar_nut's post
26-09-2014, 12:28 PM
(26-09-2014 11:20 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(26-09-2014 10:10 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Q Continuum, do you ever give a reply that isn't interrogative? You seem to run from stating your position on anything. Drinking Beverage

Have you heard the expression, "When we stop asking questions, we stop learning?"
Yes, but of course "stop also making statements" is not at all implied or indicated by that. Still running I see. Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
26-09-2014, 03:06 PM
(26-09-2014 11:20 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  

Why yes we have! Have you heard the expression, "Put up or shut up"?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.