Good Role Models

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Good Role Models
[Image: tumblr_n65q19XP7v1qhwth9o1_500.jpg]

Quote:Emma Watson graduated from one of the most prestigious Ivy League colleges, Brown University, with a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature. She may be best known for her role as Hermione Granger in the movie adaptions of the Harry Potter series, but this young woman was determined to acquire an education—while simultaneously starring in 4 films (two of which were the last installments of the Harry Potter franchise). I just wanted to take a moment and praise Ms. Watson for her accomplishments. You don’t see her in the headlines for drug involvement or rehab or what have you. No. Some associations tied to her name include modeling, designing eco-friendly clothing, education, promoting positive body image, and supporting schools in Africa. To me, this is the epitome of a great role model not only for young girls but for anyone. To borrow a clichéd saying, she’s got a good head on her shoulders. Besides, English literature is pretty darn cool anyhow.

Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
26-05-2014, 11:20 PM
RE: Good Role Models
She's not as cute as you, Ferdi.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
26-05-2014, 11:26 PM
(26-05-2014 11:20 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  She's not as cute as you, Ferdi.

Hug Heart
27-05-2014, 02:20 AM
(26-05-2014 11:20 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  She's not as cute as you, Ferdi.

Nor as funny, or entertaining!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
27-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Wayne Gretzky.
Because he isn't the biggest, the strongest, or the fastest but he certainly is the best. That and even though he is nicknamed "The Great One" he's not an arrogant fuck.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
27-05-2014, 08:19 AM
How about Sally Ride because today was her birthday Smile
And also because she was pretty darn awesome
[Image: image_zpsf69a9939.jpg]

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
27-05-2014, 08:33 AM
My drum teacher.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
27-05-2014, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 02:59 PM by kim.)
This guy sucked... look at him... striking out... again and again.
[Image: michael-jordan-1994.whitesox.jpg]
He showed people that sometimes, trying to do what you love or just trying new things can be one of the most important parts of living a solid, happy life. He tried ... he tried his damnedest. Really, that's the one thing he wanted to do -just try. He may have failed in the eyes of some (many) but he had the time of his life just trying.

I couldn't give much of a shit that he's sports god Michael Jordan. To me he's a hero & role model because he knows what's important: being true to one's own self and trying... even though you know you just might suck.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-05-2014, 02:47 PM
(27-05-2014 02:31 PM)kim Wrote:  I couldn't give much of a shit that he's sports god Michael Jordan. To me he's a hero & roll model because he knows what's important: being true to one's own self ...

If he wasnt a sports god we probably wouldnt know about him as guy modeling rolls Big Grin

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 1 user Likes djkamilo's post
27-05-2014, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 10:53 PM by kim.)
(27-05-2014 02:47 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 02:31 PM)kim Wrote:  I couldn't give much of a shit that he's sports god Michael Jordan. To me he's a hero & roll model because he knows what's important: being true to one's own self ...

If he wasnt a sports god we probably wouldnt know about him as guy modeling rolls Big Grin

Hey, fuck grammar ... I was typing fast ... at least I tried. Dodgy

Weeping

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein