Good arguments against Christianity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2016, 08:08 AM
RE: Good arguments against Christianity?
Matthew 6:5-6
5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

-----

Why do you Christians insist on making every public event a prayer meeting, utterly ignoring the command of Jesus Christ? If you claim to be a Christian, follow the commands of Christ, no more refusing to do that!

I have no intention of listening to those loud, self proclaimed Christians who refuse to follow their own Messiah, Son of God's commands. It's time for atheists to demand that from these loud mouths. Loudly and repeatedly until every Christian gets the message, the atheist community is calling you on your failure to walk the walk.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
19-12-2016, 08:26 AM
My favorite argument against Christianity is having a functioning brain and the willingness to use it.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
19-12-2016, 08:42 AM
(19-12-2016 08:26 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  My favorite argument against Christianity is having a functioning brain and the willingness to use it.

I *HAVE* a brain. Don't make me use it!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
19-12-2016, 10:05 AM
An argument against being lied to about the scientific nature of reality, history, morality, biology, geology and swindled out of your money ?

Nope.
Can't think of any arguments against that.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
19-12-2016, 11:03 AM
The no.1 argument against chrstianity is that there is no God. So any arguments that a christian might make will be false - there being no god.
[+] 2 users Like Peter Slevon's post
20-12-2016, 11:15 AM
The problem with the question is this seems to want a rather simplistic answer, and IMO it really isn't. It's a series of answers and discussion, plus it depends on the intended audience. If you're talking to a believing Christian then at least some of the things listed apologetics already have answers that they'll spout back at you.

But I'll give you some of my thoughts as it applies to why Christianity makes no sense to me. For one, the entire "plan" to spread Christianity makes absolutely no sense, especially when it supposedly comes from an all knowing god. He sends his "Son" (another thing that makes no sense) to die, all while doing a bunch of magic and gives his closest buddies the ability to do the same magic. But god's plan to get this out to all mankind is to......wait several decades to let it be written down by people who weren't eyewitnesses and have virtually no "secular" accounts of everything Jesus did, have it go through thousands of years of revisions, additions, subtractions, and expect everyone to just believe it's all true.

Secondly in said writings, get a lot historical details incorrect, or just flat out make shit up. Also bend over backwards to try and retcon things written in the OT to be "prophecy" about Jesus, especially Matthew.

Third, it's mighty huge coincidence that all the superpowers that the Apostles and disciples went away as Christianity spread. The Bible gives a pretty lame explanation that the Apostles were able to give the gifts to others but those given the gifts could not. How could an all knowing god actually think that having superpowers and then taking them away would convince people more? It's all a bullshit mind trick, which is why it stresses so much that "blessed are those that have not seen but still believe". Yeah, also called being gullible.

Finally, an honest reading of the NT without all the apologetic bullshit interjected, it's clear that the return of Jesus was supposed to happen relatively quickly. Jesus himself pretty much said so, and it was clear from all the other writings that everyone assumed it was going to be soon. There is no way to rationally believe reading it that the authors thought it would be over 2000 years later and still no Jesus.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
20-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Mai Gwynnies! Heart

(19-12-2016 08:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 08:26 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  My favorite argument against Christianity is having a functioning brain and the willingness to use it.

I *HAVE* a brain. Don't make me use it!

*morondog uses brain*
*morondog explodes*

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post