Good by Mr. Figaro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Good by Mr. Figaro
I had to put my cat, Figaro to sleep. I'm heartbroken. He was eighteen. He used to beat up on any dog that came into our yard. He was our loyal guard cat.

One time, when my kids were 4 and 6 and playing in the front yard with some other kids a German Shepherd wandered into the yard. Figaro ran over and got between the dog and the kids. He kept positioning himself between the kids and the dog as the dog moved around the yard. The dog came a little too close to the kids and Figaro had had enough. He jumped on the dogs back and dug his claws into the dogs.

Thereafter the dog always gave Figaro a wide berth when he spotted him. The German shepherd had a history of biting people and later had to be put down.

Figaro was my hero.

Sadcryface Weeping

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-05-2016, 08:26 PM
RE: Good by Mr. Figaro
I'm sorry.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Hug
(11-05-2016 08:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I had to put my cat, Figaro to sleep. I'm heartbroken. He was eighteen. He used to beat up on any dog that came into our yard. He was our loyal guard cat.

One time, when my kids were 4 and 6 and playing in the front yard with some other kids a German Shepherd wandered into the yard. Figaro ran over and got between the dog and the kids. He kept positioning himself between the kids and the dog as the dog moved around the yard. The dog came a little too close to the kids and Figaro had had enough. He jumped on the dogs back and dug his claws into the dogs.

Thereafter the dog always gave Figaro a wide berth when he spotted him. The German shepherd had a history of biting people and later had to be put down.

Figaro was my hero.

Sadcryface Weeping

Hug
I'm so sorry to hear this! 18 is a good long life for a cat, and it sounds like Figaro filled your life with much happiness during that time.
11-05-2016, 08:27 PM
(11-05-2016 08:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I had to put my cat, Figaro to sleep. I'm heartbroken. He was eighteen. He used to beat up on any dog that came into our yard. He was our loyal guard cat.

Figaro was my hero.

Sadcryface Weeping

I am so sorry. It's so hard to lose one of our beloved pets.

It sounds like he had a long life and was devoted to your family...and I am sure you were as devoted to him.

Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
11-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Sorry for your loss. Non animal people will never understand how close we get to our fur-children.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
11-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Sorry for your loss. Hug
11-05-2016, 08:37 PM
You and Figaro were so lucky to have each other for so long. I hope his memory can help heal your pain in time. Hug

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
11-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Hug
So sorry.
I hope that you can find some comfort in remembering what a good life you gave him.Heart

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
11-05-2016, 08:55 PM
[Image: 944cb311203f04849c794fe42ce488e0.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post