Good deeds done dirt cheap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 02:44 PM
RE: Good deeds done dirt cheap
(15-12-2014 12:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 01:32 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Because it is irrelevant. You have already admitted that given the need you would place "love of god" ahead of a fellow human being. Even if no such circumstance could exist, that statement is damning.

Are you trying to backpeddle now? Your earlier statement seems to be a much more honest assessment of your position.

And that's totally off the point.

I don't retract that I love God above people. The first command is love God, the second, people. People are both trustworthy and untrustworthy and God is trustworthy. Abraham was tested in this very thing, supposing God could even raise Issac from the dead he was willing to slay his own child.

I'm not guilty of hate speech here because I'm an NT Christian and murder is forbidden to me along with many other OT things...

...We know atheists do not love God above people. Like Christians, they love some people more than others and at different times. The love for God above people provides an objective or absolute context to love if you will...

God is trustworthy? You're storybook has this deity killing around 20 million in a flood including innocent babies. Even if you discount the flood he kills around 2 million in the bible, some of which are babies. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw a stick.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-12-2014, 05:24 PM
(22-12-2014 01:29 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I didn't say God replaced the Law. I'm pointing out one of a number of scriptural passages to indicate who the Thou is in all those "Thou shalts" and "Thou shalt nots". You're an atheist--the Law is not for you. How can you "take the name of THY Lord in vain" when he's not your Lord?

You've got to be kidding. "Thou" in all those "thou shalt nots" applies to everyone. Even the Jews don't claim it was only for them. From the perspective of anyone who believes those 10 commandments were divinely given, even I as an atheist am bound by them. Of course, I don't personally believe this, but you should...

(22-12-2014 01:29 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The Law was given to the Jewish people. Are you saying Moses offered it to Christian Gentiles 1,500 years before Christianity was a religion?

Do you really want to present that this is the limit of your ability to think? I mean, come on! This is a very easy one. Moses didn't offer anything. Yahweh did. And Yahweh offered it for all people and left Moses and the Jews to spread the word - including to all generations to come - so yes, including Christians. Facepalm

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
07-01-2015, 02:14 PM
(22-12-2014 05:24 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 01:29 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I didn't say God replaced the Law. I'm pointing out one of a number of scriptural passages to indicate who the Thou is in all those "Thou shalts" and "Thou shalt nots". You're an atheist--the Law is not for you. How can you "take the name of THY Lord in vain" when he's not your Lord?

You've got to be kidding. "Thou" in all those "thou shalt nots" applies to everyone. Even the Jews don't claim it was only for them. From the perspective of anyone who believes those 10 commandments were divinely given, even I as an atheist am bound by them. Of course, I don't personally believe this, but you should...

(22-12-2014 01:29 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The Law was given to the Jewish people. Are you saying Moses offered it to Christian Gentiles 1,500 years before Christianity was a religion?

Do you really want to present that this is the limit of your ability to think? I mean, come on! This is a very easy one. Moses didn't offer anything. Yahweh did. And Yahweh offered it for all people and left Moses and the Jews to spread the word - including to all generations to come - so yes, including Christians. Facepalm

The Jewish people were called to be a light unto the world, preach the word, etc. sure. Jesus was also brought to the Earth not only to die to redeem us and rise again but to "be a light unto the Gentiles" and preach and distribute the Word, etc. In history we know that Christianity has done more to disseminate the Word of God than Judaism/rabbinical learning centers, etc.

We are also thinking/discussing a very small part of Jesus's statements about the Law. He also said what a man eats passes along one's alimentary canal and thus declared all foods clean. You shalt not eat unclean animals is for the Jewish people. Romans says Christians have died to the Law to be married to Christ and etc.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2015, 12:20 PM
(07-01-2015 02:14 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The Jewish people were called to be a light unto the world, preach the word, etc. sure. Jesus was also brought to the Earth not only to die to redeem us and rise again but to "be a light unto the Gentiles" and preach and distribute the Word, etc. In history we know that Christianity has done more to disseminate the Word of God than Judaism/rabbinical learning centers, etc.

If this has anything to do with what we were discussing - which was whether the old law still stands - it's clear as mud.

(07-01-2015 02:14 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  We are also thinking/discussing a very small part of Jesus's statements about the Law. He also said what a man eats passes along one's alimentary canal and thus declared all foods clean. You shalt not eat unclean animals is for the Jewish people. Romans says Christians have died to the Law to be married to Christ and etc.

God changing cherry-picked parts of the old law is still God changing the old law. Interesting that what was once considered right was changed by Jesus according to you. So God can't figure out his own self-defined morality, huh? Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.