Good documentaries?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Good documentaries?
Just wondering if you guys know of any good docs to watch. I'm pretty open as to what they're about. I haven't seen a thread like this, but if there is one feel free to link it.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2013, 11:47 PM
RE: Good documentaries?
(16-01-2013 11:43 PM)Ape_Linkin Wrote:  Just wondering if you guys know of any good docs to watch. I'm pretty open as to what they're about. I haven't seen a thread like this, but if there is one feel free to link it.

Thanks
Yeah I got a good documentary for you. It's called a fucking history book. Try it some time. You'll learn a shit load more than you would off of T.V. unless you get a shitty book. Gotta watch out what kind of book you buy.
16-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Go to:-

http://www.documentaryheaven.com

It has doco's on every subject. Great site.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
16-01-2013, 11:59 PM
@Nappa: I do a ton of reading... Thanks anyways.
16-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Ty Aurora
17-01-2013, 12:02 AM
Well "Religulous" is always good. Laughat

An interesting one I came across was called "Superheroes". It's about real-life people who dress up as superheroes (their own brand; not Batman or anything) and stalk the streets at night looking for injustice and evildoers. It's part fascinating, part sad, and part inspiring. It was kind of cool to see these people dress up as heroes and actively help the homeless and the poor.

There's a good bit of unintentional comedy as well - given the topic.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-01-2013, 12:04 AM
(16-01-2013 11:59 PM)Ape_Linkin Wrote:  @Nappa: I do a ton of reading... Thanks anyways.
Aaaaw I do to, it gets boring after a while. When I'm not reading about history I prefer to watch movies based in that historical timeline rather than watch a documentary.
17-01-2013, 12:22 AM
(17-01-2013 12:02 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Well "Religulous" is always good. Laughat

An interesting one I came across was called "Superheroes". It's about real-life people who dress up as superheroes (their own brand; not Batman or anything) and stalk the streets at night looking for injustice and evildoers. It's part fascinating, part sad, and part inspiring. It was kind of cool to see these people dress up as heroes and actively help the homeless and the poor.

There's a good bit of unintentional comedy as well - given the topic.

Lmao... I may have to watch that...sounds like a good laugh!
17-01-2013, 12:28 AM
(16-01-2013 11:50 PM)aurora Wrote:  Go to:-

http://www.documentaryheaven.com

It has doco's on every subject. Great site.

I think you just killed my social life...(with the friends I have it may be a good thing)
This site is huge.
[+] 1 user Likes Ape_Linkin's post
17-01-2013, 08:24 AM
(17-01-2013 12:28 AM)Ape_Linkin Wrote:  I think you just killed my social life...(with the friends I have it may be a good thing)
This site is huge.

Here is another website:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/

One very good documentary (if you've got about 3 hours to kill) is about the 14th-century sojourner Ibn Battuta, who traveled just about everywhere between Northern Africa and China over a 30 year period. It is hosted by a British Arabist who would have fit in quite nicely with the Monty Python crew:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/man-who-w...oss-world/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user