Good games that are out currently?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Good games that are out currently?
My grandparents are taking my brother on a cruise, and in order to be fair, they gave me and my siblings 200 dollars apiece. I'm definitely spending 80-90 of it on this one graphics card I've been been looking at, and I -MIGHT- get Diablo III, though I'm not sure it's worth it since I've pre-ordered Torchlight II. Depending on whether or not I get Diablo III, I'll have enough for one or two modern games, or an army of older, 10-dollar games on steam. I like RPGs, FPS, Sci-Fi(Star Wars and Halo especially), most anime-based fighting games, strategy games, and virtually -ANYTHING- with a breathtaking story.

To knock a few off of your list, I already have Skyrim, Batman Arkham City, The Old Republic, Both Knights of the Old Republic, Sims 2 and 3, Lost Planets 1 and 2, Dragonball Raging Blast 2, Halo Reach, Just Cause 2, The original CoD, CoD Black Ops, Oblivion, The entire Jedi Knight series, SW Battlefront II, both Portals, Minecraft and Terraria, Torchlight I, and Arma II: Combined operations.

Games that I've tried and utterly hated, or owned a while and simply got bored of are: Assasin's Creed Revelations, DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi, and both Force Unleashed games.

PC, PS2, Wii, or X-box 360 are my current consoles.

Now then, any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2012, 11:07 PM
RE: Good games that are out currently?
Tetris? Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
02-06-2012, 11:23 PM
(02-06-2012 11:07 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Tetris? Big Grin
.......Not a huge fan of puzzle games.....And virtually anyone can find that for free these days, though I doubt you're being serious.
03-06-2012, 04:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 04:49 AM by Vosur.)
I don't see the game "The Witcher" on your list. I recommend getting both parts, as they should be quite cheap on Steam/GOG.com. It's the best RPG I have ever played for it has the most in-depth character development I have ever seen, one of the most thought-out combat systems (The Witcher II) and awesome graphics. Plus the player's decisions have a huge impact on the process of the story.

If you don't mind buying old games, I'd also recommend getting the RPGs Gothic I, Gothic II and Risen.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
03-06-2012, 05:40 AM
Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3. I see you like the Knights of the Old republic, and they're all made by Bioware (except KotOR 2 ofcourse).

Admittedly the ending to ME3 is horrendous (or should I say, just the last 10 minutes) but that shouldn't detract from the 100 or more hours you should spend playing through this epic trilogy. By far the best game out there for making you actually give a shit about the characters.

Oh, and Fallout 3. Get it. No questions.

Every mystery ever solved has turned out to be not magic. - Tim Minchin
03-06-2012, 09:26 PM
(03-06-2012 05:40 AM)Napoleon Wrote:  Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3. I see you like the Knights of the Old republic, and they're all made by Bioware (except KotOR 2 ofcourse).

Admittedly the ending to ME3 is horrendous (or should I say, just the last 10 minutes) but that shouldn't detract from the 100 or more hours you should spend playing through this epic trilogy. By far the best game out there for making you actually give a shit about the characters.

Oh, and Fallout 3. Get it. No questions.
I prefered KOTOR II to TOR and KOTOR I....XD, and I tried Fallout 3, but I failed so hard I couldn't even leave the vault.
03-06-2012, 11:13 PM
First of all free 360 arcade games if your on xbox live you might not know about.

Doritos crash course.
Harms way.
Dash of destruction.

Some dark games that are "classic" and should all be cheap pre-owned.

Kane and lynch 1+2.
Fight Night 3.
Army of two 1+2.
Gears of war.
Fallout 3.
Rainbow six vegas 1+2.
Fable 2
Far Cry 2.
Terminator salvation.
Command and Conquer 3
Homefront.
Battlefield 2.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Fallout 3 and then Fallout: New Vegas are AWESOME games. You just need to start slow, read the tutorials and explore your options. Fallout is not just a FPS, it is an RPG first. So you need to know what is what, the stats, the rules... Also, the story is great and you need to follow it in order to understand any of it. So, patience, watch, listen, read and go slow. This is a slow game, similar to Oblivion and Skyrim, only more RPG, with more dialogues and options concerning your option choices.

As for the legal and free MMORPG, I am currently playing Star Trek Online and DC Universe Online. Both are free and GREAT. Specially the STO, I just love that game. You have both space and ground missions. Real time RPG, with the option of pause in certain situations.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-06-2012, 06:34 AM
(03-06-2012 05:40 AM)Napoleon Wrote:  Admittedly the ending to ME3 is horrendous (or should I say, just the last 10 minutes)
Lol you should go play FF13-2. That redefines the meaning of a bad ending.
04-06-2012, 07:52 AM
You should also check out the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. triology.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post