Good grief glasses are expensive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: Good grief glasses are expensive!
The biggest problem with mine has always been the big difference between the two. My right eye has always been crap. Each eye requires something completely different for near and far (although the far is better in both then it used to be). I was in bifocals years and years ago because of the vast difference in my near and far vision...my other choice was to constantly be taking them off and putting them on again. Then I needed to go to trifocals to be able to see far away, see at computer distance, and to read. That's when I started with Progressive lenses. Sun damage to my eyes caused a bump on each one, that I do have to say have improved a lot since I got Transition lenses last year...I could never afford a plain pair and a tinted pair. I have been told I have astigmatism too.

I have never been able to wear contacts because my eyes are too dry, though I have tried a couple times over the years in the hope that technology had improved.

Several members of my mother's family had/have Retinitis Pigmentosa (hope that is spelled correctly). I seem to have dodged that bullet. If you look it up it online they say progression to complete blindness is rare...I can name three family members that would argue that point.

UGH...since early last year till now, I can tell that my current glasses are no longer quite right.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2013, 03:14 PM
(16-02-2013 03:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Myopic diopter of -9 in my left eye and -10 in my right eye. Been there since I was a kid. Dunno why.
Heredity? It is in my case.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
16-02-2013, 04:17 PM
(16-02-2013 01:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Every year the pain of buying new glasses gets worse and worse, even with insurance.

Of course I could go for a super cheap frame but by the time I get progressive and transition lenses, I've already had quite the reaming. And since I can only manage without my glasses (while awake) is when watching TV it's not like they are something I can skip. But damn! Nearly $700.00 dollars gone...the only thing that makes me feel better is that I will be using then pretty much all day, every day.

Guess it will be PBJ and water for a while...UGH! Weeping

Holy shit, yes. I went with my mom to her last appt and hers were $650 before insurance (she paid $90 and had no-line bifocals), but my coverage sucks and I'm not looking forward to my next appt. My prescription hasn't changed in 15 years and I'm getting as much mileage as I can off old frames, but I have cataracts in both eyes from the meds for my skin and I worry I will need new ones soon. If I have cataract surgery, I guess that can change your prescription and if it doesn't correct my vision (it's not for that, I mean, it's just to get rid of the cataracts which are progressing fast) then I will probably need to cough up hundreds of dollars. Argh. I don't have to pay much for the optometrist visits or surgery, but I think the frames/lenses coverage I have is shit.

Good luck on the whole thing.

I've worn glasses since I was about 10 years old, never even considered contacts, I don't like the idea of touching my eyeballs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Well obviously, all our eye (and related) problems are Yahweh getting back at us.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
16-02-2013, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2013 05:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-02-2013 04:21 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well obviously, all our eye (and related) problems are Yahweh getting back at us.

Girly will so fucking sumo the shit outta that fucker. Bring it Yahweh you little fucking bitch cause Girly's gonna throw the motherfucking shit outta your ass outta the goddam dohyō. ... Fucking little irrelevant motherfucking bitch.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
16-02-2013, 04:45 PM
(16-02-2013 04:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 04:21 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well obviously, all our eye (and related) problems are Yahweh getting back at us.

Girly will so fucking sumo the shit outta that fucker. Bring it bitch.

I'd pay to see that.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
16-02-2013, 04:50 PM
[Image: Laie_78.gif]

16-02-2013, 04:54 PM
(16-02-2013 04:50 PM)Vera Wrote:  [Image: Laie_78.gif]
Costco. It's cheap.

16-02-2013, 05:08 PM
(16-02-2013 04:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Costco. It's cheap.
[Image: dean-what-gif.gif]

16-02-2013, 05:19 PM
(16-02-2013 04:50 PM)Vera Wrote:  [Image: Laie_78.gif]
I would so pound the fuck outta this attractive bitch if I wasn't already married.