Good grief glasses are expensive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: Good grief glasses are expensive!
(16-02-2013 05:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 04:50 PM)Vera Wrote:  [Image: Laie_78.gif]
I would so pound the fuck outta this attractive bitch if I wasn't already married.
Looks a bit on the jumpy side to me. Bound to be a bit like riding a pogo stick.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
16-02-2013, 05:38 PM
(16-02-2013 05:25 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 05:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I would so pound the fuck outta this attractive bitch if I wasn't already married.
Looks a bit on the jumpy side to me. Bound to be a bit like riding a pogo stick.

Shit, now I'm fucking horny, where you at ManlyGirl?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
16-02-2013, 05:41 PM
(16-02-2013 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Shit, now I'm fucking horny, where you at ManlyGirl?
Want me to send you the sex scene I'm doing at the moment? That'll put even the horniest teen off sex for weeks. Blech.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
16-02-2013, 05:42 PM
(16-02-2013 05:41 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Shit, now I'm fucking horny, where you at ManlyGirl?
Want me to send you the sex scene I'm doing at the moment? That'll put even the horniest teen off sex for weeks. Blech.

Please don't.

16-02-2013, 05:44 PM
(16-02-2013 02:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  One word: Costco. Never spent more than $200 on glasses there. I don't think you can spend more than $200 on glasses there. Big Grin

Thanks, GirlyDude - I'm going to check them out. The $55 membership fee would be covered by the savings on one pair of glasses.

And you have two moves to play on Words.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2013, 05:50 PM
(16-02-2013 05:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  \And you have two moves to play on Words.

Goddam dude, way to ruin my coitus. Big Grin

17-02-2013, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2013 02:32 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Leslie Stahl from CBS 60 Minutes did an expose' of this huge problem last Fall, (last year anyway). It stems from the fact that the Italian company Luxottica is a monopoly, and owns virtually ALL the frame companies, or is the major supplier of frames to all the glasses companies under different names. See link below. There are a couple alternatives. My friend uses this one,
http://www.39dollarglasses.com/blog/2012...e-options/
and another friend actually makes her own. She goes to the dollar store, tries on all the glasses, untill she finds the right pair for each eye. Then she buys 2 pair, (for $2.00), and pops out the lens from one side of one, and replaces it with the right lens from the other pair, and with a little super-glue she makes her own pair for $2.00. She is a nurse, and knows what she wants and needs, but it's not an option for everyone. But in general, for adults with advancing Presbyopia, it can be an inexpensive option.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
17-02-2013, 08:19 AM
(16-02-2013 01:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Every year the pain of buying new glasses gets worse and worse, even with insurance.

Of course I could go for a super cheap frame but by the time I get progressive and transition lenses, I've already had quite the reaming. And since I can only manage without my glasses (while awake) is when watching TV it's not like they are something I can skip. But damn! Nearly $700.00 dollars gone...the only thing that makes me feel better is that I will be using then pretty much all day, every day.

Guess it will be PBJ and water for a while...UGH! Weeping

Really? Wow.

You have to shop for better insurance when open enrollment comes back around.

I got mine for $10 with tint and UV coating. And I can go back for transition lenses and only pay $60. And it's the good stuff. I go to EyeMart Express.

I don't know what kind of choices you have as far as vision insurance, but I don't know if I could stomach $700. I have a weak prescription, but I feel like I really need them. My vision is kinda hazy when I try to read stuff on the board in class and road signs.

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
18-02-2013, 04:30 PM
My wife buys direct from China:
http://www.zennioptical.com/

Her last pair cost about $15 US including anti-glare coating, prescription and frames. Glasses start at something like $7.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
18-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Every year? Eurgh, Just bought my wife glasses, replacing her five-year old pair. Her vision hasn't deteriorated much, but she is still pretty young, 26. Her glasses look a lot like Girly's, except hers have "Coach" stamped on the side, still got by at ~$170, with transition lenses it would've been ~$220. She said she wanted the transition lenses but didn't get them because she thought I wouldn't want her too. Pfft, she should've got them, I don't mind paying an extra 50 bucks for glasses she will probably wear for several years. She got hers at Lenscrafters.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How good are you at exercising this virtue? Wicked Clown 12 143 Today 11:28 AM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  Ah, well, good on you Alabama... Ferdinand 13 195 26-06-2014 05:51 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Cracked: 5 deviant sex acts science says are good for you RobbyPants 12 224 18-06-2014 06:08 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Good Role Models Ferdinand 9 134 27-05-2014 02:58 PM
Last Post: kim
  Why do Christians insist that God is necessary for a good marriage? lovehumanitynotinsanity 12 200 19-05-2014 02:28 PM
Last Post: Full Circle
  Need glasses or just a dirty mind? ghostexorcist 13 241 02-05-2014 09:55 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
  A Good Purchase Ferdinand 15 224 19-04-2014 01:56 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird