Good movie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Good movie
The movie is called The Man Who Sued God (2001) starring the ever funny Billy Connolly. It's about a Lawyer-turned-fisherman (Connolly) whose boat is destroyed by an "act of God". The insurance company won't pay, so he sues God. Several religious leaders are Subpoenaed to testify. You can watch it in full here:

I first learned about the movie a few weeks ago when a Nebraskan congressman literally tried to sue God. Someone on another forum linked to the Wikipedia article. I just happened to find it on YouTube a few minutes ago.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2011, 07:00 AM
RE: Good movie
(06-09-2011 08:29 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  The movie is called The Man Who Sued God (2001) starring the ever funny Billy Connolly. It's about a Lawyer-turned-fisherman (Connolly) whose boat is destroyed by an "act of God". The insurance company won't pay, so he sues God. Several religious leaders are Subpoenaed to testify. You can watch it in full here:

I first learned about the movie a few weeks ago when a Nebraskan congressman literally tried to sue God. Someone on another forum linked to the Wikipedia article. I just happened to find it on YouTube a few minutes ago.

I really enjoyed the movie, although it almost slipped into religious sappiness toward the end.

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply