Good news people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Good news people
This is good news for all us Brits on the forum. Apparently, even though we lack the whole 'separation of church and state' that the Americans have we can still win similar cases.

Here's the report. For those we can't be arsed reading it an Atheist councillor has taken his council to court over having a prayer before local council meetings. It was seen as a test case for these sort of lawsuits in England and, he won Big Grin!

A final note to this story is this amazing quote from the councillor;

'Religious freedom is an absolute right, and so is freedom from religion'

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Hughsie's post
12-02-2012, 06:47 AM
RE: Good news people
I was about to post this, the advertising standards agency has also clamped down on a group of faith healers. Very proud of the UK right now.

'The world holds two classes of men: intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence.' - Abdallah al-Ma'arri
13-02-2012, 04:57 PM
(12-02-2012 06:47 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  I was about to post this, the advertising standards agency has also clamped down on a group of faith healers. Very proud of the UK right now.

Do you have any links to news reports? I'd love to read them, they're my favourite kind of news story.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
15-02-2012, 04:43 AM
HOTS are complaining about their mistreatment on their own website. http://www.hotsbath.org/ with a selection of links to news articles supporting their side.

The original complaint to the ASA was made by Hayley Stevens.
http://hayleyisaghost.co.uk/

'The world holds two classes of men: intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence.' - Abdallah al-Ma'arri
15-02-2012, 12:59 PM
(15-02-2012 04:43 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  HOTS are complaining about their mistreatment on their own website. http://www.hotsbath.org/ with a selection of links to news articles supporting their side.

The original complaint to the ASA was made by Hayley Stevens.
http://hayleyisaghost.co.uk/

I've done a little digging and here are a few more links for anyone interested;

National Post

Huffington Post

Telegraph - Absolute gold by the way

This Is Somerset

Daily Mail

Christian Post

Best
Worst
15-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Go UK! Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
17-02-2012, 08:57 AM
(10-02-2012 01:04 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  This is good news for all us Brits on the forum. Apparently, even though we lack the whole 'separation of church and state' that the Americans have we can still win similar cases.
As an American, I can tell you..... that phrase isn't all it's cracked up to be. Tongue

[Image: h8m4.jpg]