Good programs for finding and updating drivers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2013, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2013 01:12 AM by Adenosis.)
Good programs for finding and updating drivers?
So this computer that was in storage for a little while wasn't working so I reinstalled the OS (Windows 7) and I've been reinstalling the drivers, but I can't find the Graphics card driver. For some reason the Toshiba website doesn't even have this particular model number... (Maybe this computer came from a different world-line!)

To the point (as you may have guessed from the title), anyone know a free program for finding and downloading drivers?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
22-05-2013, 07:05 PM
RE: Good programs for finding and updating drivers?
(19-05-2013 01:05 AM)Adenosis Wrote:  So this computer that was in storage for a little while wasn't working so I reinstalled the OS (Windows 7) and I've been reinstalling the drivers, but I can't find the Graphics card driver. For some reason the Toshiba website doesn't even have this particular model number... (Maybe this computer came from a different world-line!)

To the point (as you may have guessed from the title), anyone know a free program for finding and downloading drivers?

So am I correct to assume that this is a Desktop with a separate graphics card, and not integrated graphics? Can you specify the model and serial number of computer?I find the best way is to download and run CPU-Z, here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html look under the Graphics tab for the manufacturer and model and then go to the manufacturer website...i.e. AMD, Nvidia or Intel. Most driver searching applications I have used have either been proprietary or turned out to be spyware so I don't bother with them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-05-2013, 01:02 AM
(22-05-2013 07:05 PM)amav.eram Wrote:  
(19-05-2013 01:05 AM)Adenosis Wrote:  So this computer that was in storage for a little while wasn't working so I reinstalled the OS (Windows 7) and I've been reinstalling the drivers, but I can't find the Graphics card driver. For some reason the Toshiba website doesn't even have this particular model number... (Maybe this computer came from a different world-line!)

So am I correct to assume that this is a Desktop with a separate graphics card, and not integrated graphics? Can you specify the model and serial number of computer?I find the best way is to download and run CPU-Z, here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html look under the Graphics tab for the manufacturer and model and then go to the manufacturer website...i.e. AMD, Nvidia or Intel. Most driver searching applications I have used have either been proprietary or turned out to be spyware so I don't bother with them.

Laptop. And I checked the manufacturer website, it doesn't seem to have the model number for this computer. Which is why I was looking for a program to detect the hardware and search for the drivers for me. I use to have one, and now can't remember the name..

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

23-05-2013, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2013 01:37 AM by fstratzero.)
(23-05-2013 01:02 AM)Adenosis Wrote:  
(22-05-2013 07:05 PM)amav.eram Wrote:  So am I correct to assume that this is a Desktop with a separate graphics card, and not integrated graphics? Can you specify the model and serial number of computer?I find the best way is to download and run CPU-Z, here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html look under the Graphics tab for the manufacturer and model and then go to the manufacturer website...i.e. AMD, Nvidia or Intel. Most driver searching applications I have used have either been proprietary or turned out to be spyware so I don't bother with them.

Laptop. And I checked the manufacturer website, it doesn't seem to have the model number for this computer. Which is why I was looking for a program to detect the hardware and search for the drivers for me. I use to have one, and now can't remember the name..

Driver genius is alright. I've used it and it's good.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp