[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
15-10-2012, 03:48 PM
RE: Goodbye TTA
(14-10-2012 08:34 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  Peave, Love, and Empathy

Hey, Tim, don't be peavish. Laughat

(14-10-2012 08:34 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  There are MUCH bigger issues at hand than religion.

In your area, maybe.

Many of the bigger issues around the world have their root in religious indoctrination (subjugation of women, child abuse, honour killings)

I think these are important issues.

There is some risk involved in being vocal about these things and more risk (potential personal attack, loss of business etc.) in being an activist.

There is time yet to choose your battles.
Some of us have chosen.

15-10-2012, 03:48 PM
You probably wont read this if you have left properly but good luck young man.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
16-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Damn. Just when you evolved to the next step of atheism, the "I don't give a fuck" one, you decide to leave? No, don't, who will be our young intellectual?

Big Grin

Peace!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
16-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Farewell Pppgggr - keep your account open and return if you have nothing better to do. Often self definition in youth can become restrictive... however, change is always good. With that in mind... no worries, stay free and open.

Keep healthy and have fun, young one. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-10-2012, 04:10 AM
Well I'll see you later, and respect your decision to leave.

But some how, given the way things work, I think you'll be back.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
16-10-2012, 08:17 AM
(14-10-2012 08:34 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  I've decided to leave TTA forums, mainly because I've changed my views on Religion. Though I still consider Religion to be ridiculous, I no longer think of it as something that needs to be actively combated or debated. What I've realized is, people aren't built around religion, religion is built around people. Why don't Muslims eat pork? When the religion was being developed, they lived in an incredibly hot climate. Pigs have alot more fat than other animals, and if they were to have eaten pork, there was a good chance they would have gotten sick. Human beings need a morale code, a reason not to do bad things......So what did the uneducated do? They developed a divine reason not to do these things, and implanted the threat of punishment to keep them on track. It's for this very same reason that they're able to pick-and-choose from the Bible. As morality changed, so did the basis for the religion itself. What I've also noticed is that religion doesn't create hate, people create hate. Why do Christians actively attack homosexuals? They consider them different and simply hide behind religion when descriminating. Whether or not Religion was in existence, these hate-crimes would still occur, though they would be justified by other means. The enemy of a civilized society is not religion, it's a lack of education. It's known that as people become more educated, the need for a religion fades away and they're less likely to fear or be hateful towards other factions.

From now on, I will no longer openly be identifying as an Atheist, nor will I make any serious attempts to debate Christians. Since this is what TTA is built around, I no longer feel the need to be apart of this community. There are MUCH bigger issues at hand than religion.

And if I may steal Ghost's closing statement in all of his posts......

Peave, Love, and Empathy

Tim

I've had similar feelings as well but, I stick around because this is one of the best online communities I've ever been a part of! Don't write us off for good. Come back and visit when you can.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Grassy Knoll's post