Goodwill CEO salary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2015, 04:19 PM
Goodwill CEO salary
I was about to donate to the Goodwill when my husband gave me the evil eye and told me that the head of Goodwill, Mark Curran profits 2.3 million US dollars.

Do you guys have a better place to donate used stuff? I'd rather not donate to a shitty organization.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: Goodwill CEO salary
Do you have those donation bins in parking lots? We have quite a few in in our area, there are several different organizations with different donation bins around.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
05-01-2015, 05:13 PM
(05-01-2015 04:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ...
Do you guys have a better place to donate used stuff?

Depends on the 'stuff', I guess.

Tissues? Condoms? Tooth brushes? Sanitary towels? Bibles?

Smile

05-01-2015, 05:19 PM
I have serious issues with Goodwill. They hire people with special needs and then pay them pennies per hour. Some were as low as 18 cents an hour. All while the CEO is raking in millions in personal salary annually. As somebody who works with children with special needs, there is nothing that angers me more than things like that.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 5 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
05-01-2015, 07:27 PM
I have sucked it up and given to our only local charity - St. Vincent DePaul, a Catholic charity. At least things stay in the area, and the locals do a lot of shopping there. Can't beat $2 for everything you can fit in a bag!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
05-01-2015, 08:44 PM
(05-01-2015 05:19 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I have serious issues with Goodwill. They hire people with special needs and then pay them pennies per hour. Some were as low as 18 cents an hour. All while the CEO is raking in millions in personal salary annually. As somebody who works with children with special needs, there is nothing that angers me more than things like that.

That's my issue with Goodwill. They were taken to task a couple of years ago with the CEO making millions and I thought maybe they fixed the problem there but , no, I just read that the CEO is making 2.3 million dollars a year.

I've taken things to the Salvation Army. I haven't heard anything horrible about them but maybe they slip under the radar. I hate giving to charities and then finding out later that most of it goes to executives.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-01-2015, 09:11 PM
(05-01-2015 04:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I was about to donate to the Goodwill when my husband gave me the evil eye and told me that the head of Goodwill, Mark Curran profits 2.3 million US dollars.

Do you guys have a better place to donate used stuff? I'd rather not donate to a shitty organization.

Mark Curran (whoever he is) does not run Goodwill. Goodwill is run by Jim Gibbons. While Mr. Gibbons earns a respectable salary for heading up this 100 plus year old organization with $5 billion in annual revenue he does not earn $2.3 million a year. More like a third of that.

According to their 990, Goodwill spends about 83 cents of every dollar generated on programs and services for the needy. That is a respectable number for any charitable organization.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
05-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Snopes rates the email that contained that story "Mostly Outdated and Inaccurate."

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/charities.asp

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
05-01-2015, 10:35 PM
Considering the average CEO salary is over 11 million, 2.3 million doesn't seem that much.

Just sayin ...
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
05-01-2015, 10:54 PM
AW: RE: Goodwill CEO salary
(05-01-2015 10:35 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Considering the average CEO salary is over 11 million, 2.3 million doesn't seem that much.

Just sayin ...
Those numbers are from CEOs of businesses with tens of billions of income, not charities.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]