05-01-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: Goodwill CEO salary
What should he make?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
05-01-2015, 11:31 PM
We give to a local Catholic charity. There are many Christian organizations that are very giving in their communities, without seeking favor for being so.
05-01-2015, 11:41 PM
(05-01-2015 04:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I was about to donate to the Goodwill when my husband gave me the evil eye and told me that the head of Goodwill, Mark Curran profits 2.3 million US dollars.

Do you guys have a better place to donate used stuff? I'd rather not donate to a shitty organization.

Gosh no no no...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodwill_Industries

Also check out snopes for the lowdown on the urban legend. It also gives some pretty good information on many charities. Smile

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/charities.asp

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-01-2015, 11:44 PM
(05-01-2015 09:27 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Snopes rates the email that contained that story "Mostly Outdated and Inaccurate."

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/charities.asp

Crap should have read all the replies.

Thanks! Thumbsup

06-01-2015, 12:35 AM
How far does this go? What should management at Goodwill get paid? What about logistics personnel, truck drivers, distribution centers, IT and a few other departments? What should they get paid? All volunteer? Minimum wage? Goodwill is an international organization, helping millions of people across the globe. It isn't some local charity event. And don't get me started with the Catholic Church. For one, there are usually strings attached, some of which are fatal.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
06-01-2015, 07:00 AM
(05-01-2015 04:27 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Do you have those donation bins in parking lots? We have quite a few in in our area, there are several different organizations with different donation bins around.

We have a place here that benefits a domestic abuse shelter. They have a manned drop off in a strip mall parking lot. That's where our stuff goes. The stuff isn't sold to people who need it, it's given to them. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-01-2015, 01:58 PM
(06-01-2015 12:35 AM)TheBear Wrote:  How far does this go? What should management at Goodwill get paid? What about logistics personnel, truck drivers, distribution centers, IT and a few other departments? What should they get paid? All volunteer? Minimum wage? Goodwill is an international organization, helping millions of people across the globe. It isn't some local charity event. And don't get me started with the Catholic Church. For one, there are usually strings attached, some of which are fatal.

If the Snoop website is correct and the head of Goodwill gets 2.3 million a year, I think that is too much money for the head of a charity organization. I've also read that some of the employees are not paid much.

Maybe his should get around $400,000 max.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-01-2015, 02:03 PM
(06-01-2015 01:58 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 12:35 AM)TheBear Wrote:  How far does this go? What should management at Goodwill get paid? What about logistics personnel, truck drivers, distribution centers, IT and a few other departments? What should they get paid? All volunteer? Minimum wage? Goodwill is an international organization, helping millions of people across the globe. It isn't some local charity event. And don't get me started with the Catholic Church. For one, there are usually strings attached, some of which are fatal.

If the Snoop website is correct and the head of Goodwill gets 2.3 million a year, I think that is too much money for the head of a charity organization. I've also read that some of the employees are not paid much.

Maybe his should get around $400,000 max.

But that's not what it said. The CEO of goodwill doesn't get near that amount.

06-01-2015, 04:09 PM
And people wonder why disinformation never disappears.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
06-01-2015, 04:21 PM
what bothers me is that the employees arent making minimum wage. I realize they are receiving training...but they are still working a job, and its not like minimum wage is all that much--- especially when ALL of your product is donated.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller