Google+

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Google+
Anyone else on it?

What do you think, got any pointers for someone who's just started using it and still finding their way around?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2011, 04:26 PM
RE: Google+
(20-09-2011 03:56 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Anyone else on it?

What do you think, got any pointers for someone who's just started using it and still finding their way around?

I got on it months ago but never used it because I don't know anyone else that has it

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
21-09-2011, 02:13 AM
I have it! Big Grin

Here's a link to me: https://plus.google.com/114038979757917704556

I have a lot more Japanese-speaking friends there than English-speaking, so I post in Japanese a lot more than might be comfortable for others. One of my English-speaking friends uncircled me because of it. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-09-2011, 08:54 AM
I think I may ditch facebook for this...fewer people equals better!

Evolve
21-09-2011, 09:37 AM

I think it's awesome. No ads, no spam, not having to weed through the newest game spam post, and not having to stress about my friend's farms or mafia. lol
G+'s integration and fluid interface doesn't feel as overwhelming or cluttered as facebook.
It's an epic win! Just hope more people start realizing this.
Here is a link I used to help get my Facebook converted over to G+, maybe it will help.. HowToGeek: Migrate Facebook to Google+
Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2011, 10:13 AM
I have both and dislike both, but if more people would actually use google+ it would be better than facebook by leaps and bounds, even though facebook has been integrating every single idea g+ already had. I always liked the idea of selected sharing because I dislike most peoples status updates on facebook and g+ gives you the option to not see them. So does facebook now too. If more people don't start using g+ it will fail, but atleast we get all the functionality in facebook because of it.

I wouldn't use either if it wasn't for being able to remain connected with certain people I never see. I dislike social networking.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
21-09-2011, 11:18 AM

(21-09-2011 10:13 AM)lucradis Wrote:  If more people don't start using g+ it will fail, but atleast we get all the functionality in facebook because of it.

True.
G+ had a very slow start, it was like waiting in line to an exclusive bar and once you got in there it was only a handful of people. As things progressed, the rush didn't seem all that big as they expected to be. Now it has tapered off and Facebook has improved a lot on what G+ brought to the table.
I think they need a bigger game changer to social networking.
Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2011, 12:32 PM
I deleted Facebook months ago, but im willing to give this a try. Does it utilise G-talk and the works, if so epiC!
22-09-2011, 06:05 AM
I'm not sure what "G-talk" is, but it has a "Hangout" feature with video chat and stuff. Big Grin

I've heard a loooot of people complain about the lack of people, but I have more people on my G+ than I do on Facebook... Tongue I guess it's just the English-speaking or US population that's lagging behind, I get new requests from non-English users all the time. Maybe it's because Facebook wasn't as successful outside the US, so the innovation of G+ was better for the people that didn't use it?

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
22-09-2011, 03:28 PM
(20-09-2011 03:56 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Anyone else on it?

Me

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]