Google Chrome Advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Google Chrome Advice
So I'm gonna try this again, since so many of you think I'm living in the 70s Blush

(well, OK, maybe I am) Drinking Beverage

Here goes,

1~Do I want to make Google Chrome my default browser ?

2~If so will it change my home page set up?

3~What will happen if I download GC, but dont use it as my default browser?

4~ Any other advice would be helpful, as I made a mess of things last time I tried to do this (tho that was on my Windows Vista PC, or maybe it was XP, I cant remember), I'm on Windows 7 now.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2014, 11:04 AM
RE: Google Chrome Advice
(06-04-2014 11:01 AM)War Horse Wrote:  So I'm gonna try this again, since so many of you think I'm living in the 70s Blush

Here goes,

4~ Any other advice would be helpful, as I made a mess of things last time I tried to do this (tho that was on my Windows Vista PC, or maybe it was XP, I cant remember), I'm on Windows 7 now.

I recently changed from Chrome to Firefox. I'm much happier with firefox. It just seems more stable.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
06-04-2014, 11:06 AM
(06-04-2014 11:01 AM)War Horse Wrote:  So I'm gonna try this again, since so many of you think I'm living in the 70s Blush

Here goes,

4~ Any other advice would be helpful, as I made a mess of things last time I tried to do this (tho that was on my Windows Vista PC, or maybe it was XP, I cant remember)

1: Yes
2: It will try (as would any other browser) tell it no.
3: Then IE by default will be used automatically by your computer. I would recommend changing this to chrome since IE is not so great.
4: When in doubt do not let it change settings unless you know what it is changing and why. Once you get set up and used to the browser ask about extensions (I use a few such as adblock) but for the most part GC is pretty user friendly.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
06-04-2014, 11:06 AM
(06-04-2014 11:04 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  

Here goes,

I recently changed from Chrome to Firefox. I'm much happier with firefox. It just seems more stable.

I went the other way, never liked FF.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Nooooo don't do it Weeping
Would you really leave me behind like that?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
06-04-2014, 11:19 AM
(06-04-2014 11:13 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Nooooo don't do it Weeping
Would you really leave me behind like that?

I gotta do it girl, time to move on to better things. The wind is calling me, oops, sorry got off track for a minute. Blush

I'm just missing out on to many things with IE, Losty. I'll let you know how it goes and maybe you'll come on over too.

[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
06-04-2014, 11:35 AM
OK, the deed is done, now I have a colorful DVD looking thing at the bottom of the page that opens up a search engine. Home page didnt change.

So thats it ? Now I take it GC is working in the background and some of these pics I'm missing will show up ?

06-04-2014, 11:37 AM
(06-04-2014 11:35 AM)War Horse Wrote:  OK, the deed is done, now I have a colorful DVD looking thing at the bottom of the page that opens up a search engine. Home page didnt change.

So thats it ? Now I take it GC is working in the background and some of these pics I'm missing will show up ?

Thats pretty much it sir. *nods*
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
06-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Jesus H Christ you still use IE?

[Image: disgust.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-04-2014, 11:40 AM
(06-04-2014 11:04 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  

Here goes,

Firefox with Adblock plus, and NoScript = Profit!

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post