Gordon ... my Granny challenges you to a fight!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Gordon ... my Granny challenges you to a fight!
You're on this forum to argue with atheists. You are ignoring me so I need to challenge you to a boxing match to get your attention.

You claim to be the "first of the Second Coming of Christ", have a direct line of communication with God and divinely inspired to write a Gospel.

My granny spent a lot of time spirit writing and I have said made similar claims.

Why should anyone anywhere believe you but not my long deceased grandmother?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
20-12-2014, 03:55 PM
RE: Gordon ... my Granny challenges you to a fight!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
20-12-2014, 04:00 PM
I know who my money is on...

nan, nan, nan, nan

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
20-12-2014, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2014 05:00 PM by Mr Woof.)
(20-12-2014 03:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  You're on this forum to argue with atheists. You are ignoring me so I need to challenge you to a boxing match to get your attention.

You claim to be the "first of the Second Coming of Christ", have a direct line of communication with God and divinely inspired to write a Gospel.

My granny spent a lot of time spirit writing and I have said made similar claims.

Why should anyone anywhere believe you but not my long deceased grandmother?

Was that automatic writing? Some occult types have claimed no thought is required;the words just appear for themselves.
20-12-2014, 05:17 PM
(20-12-2014 04:32 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Some occult types have claimed no thought is required;

Well, you have to admit that that is one area that they know a lot about.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
20-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Gordon has no reliable method for determining what is correct or otherwise. Because of this he is unable to convince anyone else of what he personally believes.

Whatever Gordon claims, I can make a more convincing case for believing my grandmother instead.

He does not know how to think critically and therefore does not know how to counter claims similar to his own. He does not understand why atheists reject his claims, he just wants to find ways to counter their objections. Rejecting what I am claiming means that he will have to put himself in the position of the atheist.

He cannot do that without also destroying his own claim.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
20-12-2014, 05:43 PM
(20-12-2014 05:17 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 04:32 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Some occult types have claimed no thought is required;

Well, you have to admit that that is one area that they know a lot about.

Often they claim that their gurus are providing us with great insights.
I believe Madam Blavastsy, co founder of Theosophy, may have utilsed the giant mystic Hoot Kumi in some of her writings.
In atheist circles it appears that New Age stuff, tarot, astrology, telekenesis, healers, along with a lot of occult stuff, is better tolerated than more main stream religious stuff..
20-12-2014, 07:21 PM
I think someone has to stand up for Gordon.

After all, when you're making it up as you go along, it takes extraordinary imagination, commitment, wilful ignorance and sheer will power to sustain over such a long period against such an onslaught of critical thinking.

Surely he has a special power driving such devotion (clue: noun, three letters and I'll give you two of them: "G" and "O").

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
20-12-2014, 07:25 PM
(20-12-2014 07:21 PM)gofish! Wrote:  Surely he has a special power driving such devotion (clue: noun, three letters and I'll give you two of them: "G" and "O").

Goo? Goy?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
20-12-2014, 07:29 PM
(20-12-2014 07:25 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Goo? Goy?
Nope. I'll give you a clue: the other letter is not "D"...

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Thread Closed