Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2014, 04:02 AM
Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice
Having traversed what is currently thirty six pages of Gordon's "Atheistic Derrangement: The Shit Does Happen" the following is necessary.

I won't aggravate myself with the kind of callow optimism required to expect a personal improvement from a clumsy arrogant bully like yourself, Gordon. In the words of beloved actor and writer Stephen Fry "There are occasions when it becomes more than a moral duty to speak one's mind, it becomes a pleasure." In the process, I will attempt to excuse your great modesty and humility, as you are on an errand for god.

Our first and last exchange left you in the embarrassing position of defending against all reason the long refuted pseudoscience of Astrology. Perhaps you had missed the memo from Pythagoras who smoothly observed that identical twins do not share the same future. Perhaps you never realized that knowledge of the future alters its outcome.

Concerning the all too familiar objections to harmless pleasurable activities, especially those sexual, I stand with Shakespeare's King Lear.

"The policeman who lashes the whore has a hot need to use her for the very offense for which he plies the lash." I am as inclined to take your self righteous and bigoted abhorrence of pleasure at face value as I am Reverend Ted Haggard's campaign against homosexuals. I will leave it up to you to make the human admission or add the public charge of deception to hypocrisy.

The great exchange or dilemma between Euthyphro and Socrates on the steps of the temple divulges the moral destitution of divine morality in the simple question, is piety the measure of divine appreciation or is it divinely endorsed for it's inherent quality? The admission that human moral truths are independent of the supernatural grants us a foundation in which to ground moral determinations.

Your belief in moral authority through deities and ancient texts is the greatest known source of justification for immorality. There is no act abhorrent to human well being and stocked with human suffering and death which cannot or has not already been justified by divine command. What more is there to be said about a world view that rests its meaning and morality on the foundation of an arbitrary standard of human well being?

We have the displeasure to have read your unprincipled moral conniption when the only thing preventing the next endorsement of atrocity in your world view is for god to change his mind. In future case of moral outrage on your part, you revolting simpleton, I recommend masturbation as an alternative to posting here. The discharge has ambitions of a quality well beyond the scope of your authorship.

Reading your cut-price rehearsal of the argument from the meaning of life reminds me of a murderous scorned lover who declares "if I cannot have her, no one will." It's not enough that Gordon and company choose to determine life's meaning from mythical immoral tales of a forgotten age of ignorance, we must all do it too, or be declared meaningless creatures. Your previous name, Egor, was just one letter too long.

You don't bother trying not to swagger your way through dismissing other's thoughts, experiences, and ideas as merely biology, as though an understanding of nature somehow diminishes its beauty, value, or meaning to others. It may well be that understanding things like rainbows or brains in depth dismantles your sense of these things, but you absolutely thrill me with the cheapness of your hampered imagination. I suppose it hasn't occurred to you that you are fused to the same biology as those you dismiss, but when it comes to surprise you still have me grossly underwhelmed.

You are something of a professional peddler of hypocritical unsophisticated quips which when weaved together make enough rope to dangle you and to spare. You forget, as before, that the sword of determinism has two edges. If a person can be dismissed because he believes his spectrum of choices is determined by evolution and biology, you can be dismissed for your belief that the spectrum of your choices is determined by your creation. You can no more act outside of the parameters of your creation than you can jump twenty meters in the air. You are as limited by your god concept as you are by gravity. Perhaps we should dismiss everyone?

You managed to blunder your way to the question of god's intentions when it comes to two thousand years of Christian domination of the figure Jesus Christ, but you don't posses the moral courage to follow that reasoning to its destination, Atheism. It is ultimately up to you and those like you to rationalize and justify your bumbling oaf of a god who manages to claim authorship of the biggest confusion in human history. You would think you would have more respect for him that. Enjoy putting humpty dumpty back together again, while us Atheists offer up the simple naturalistic solution that matches the evidence of human history, god did not make humans in his image. Humans made many gods in their rival images. At least we will find shelter from William of Occam's potent razor from which to observe your supernatural arguments' evisceration.

You anticipate the call to prove your religion yet respond with the same impotence of every other religious claim. Extraordinary claims have not ceased to require extraordinary evidence and if you can't demonstrate the truth of what you claim, it isn't evidently true. Your perseverance in the teeth of that failure betrays a person without honor or integrity. It takes a special inflation of sack to say "the proof is in the pudding" and then to offer no pudding. The emptily concocted phrase "in Christ" is no antidote to reality. Truth founded in factual reality is not malleable in this subjective misrepresented fashion.

You are simultaneously enjoying advantage and suffering disadvantage by the false consensus of what might be called the common cold of mental delusion. Its prevalence is palpable and also unmannerly to mention, yet even mainstream modern society intuitively flinches from it. The easy consensus in the condemnation of murder is sometimes swayed by an appeal to non-guilt for reasons of insanity. God's supposed endorsement or commandment of the act sways no one in moral terms besides a pitiful disgust for the perpetrator. It comes as no revelation that even average citizens of the twenty first century boldly and capably recognize both the insanity of such claims and the ineptly justified immorality that follows.

Reading your pathetic self contradictions holds me sharply in both alarm and entertainment. I can observe here, in writing, the utter collapse of your character as vividly and with captivation as that of an ostentatiously large collapsing structure. The descent of your wounded mind into mad visions of symbols and mystical patterns followed by depression and pointlessness is the ultimate refutation of your claim to exclusive meaning in life. It seems god is not only no good but no good for you. I had not fathomed this crossroads of hubris, stupefaction, and double dealing hypocrisy. The spectacle steals away my breath.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 34 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
17-12-2014, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2014 04:17 AM by Vosur.)
AW: RE: Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice
tl;dr

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
17-12-2014, 05:52 AM
RE: Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice
Beautiful way to put it.

[Image: SaganPortrainWide.png]
A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism. -Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes LandShark's post
17-12-2014, 07:10 AM
(17-12-2014 04:02 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  Having traversed what is currently thirty six pages of Gordon's "Atheistic Derrangement: The Shit Does Happen" the following is necessary.

Wow. Just... wow. Not just necessary.... amazing!
Worship Slaves

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
17-12-2014, 08:24 AM
(17-12-2014 04:02 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  We have the displeasure to have read your unprincipled moral conniption when the only thing preventing the next endorsement of atrocity in your world view is for god to change his mind.

This seems to be a common theme among several theists that post here. Divine command theory- It's not just for bronze-age barbarians!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
17-12-2014, 08:49 AM
We should bookmark this epic post and leave the name blank for the next hack that stumbles into this forum. The reusability factor is high.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 6 users Like guitar_nut's post
17-12-2014, 08:52 AM
That is the most eloquent post I have ever read on TTA!

If you are not a writer by profession the world is missing out on your talents.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
17-12-2014, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2014 10:08 AM by Gordon.)
Though I find your tangential writing nearly impossible to follow, I did pick this bit out of it; And it deserves a response, because I had a response from God about this very thing just yesterday while I was jogging:

You managed to blunder your way to the question of god's intentions when it comes to two thousand years of Christian domination of the figure Jesus Christ, but you don't posses the moral courage to follow that reasoning to its destination, Atheism.

The idea is that the Christian Church has taken Jesus Christ and hidden him from humanity. For at least 1700 years, the Church has dictated how Jesus will be interpreted from the Gospels, and it has nullified most of his teachings by adding Judaism and some selected letters of early Christians into the Canon that are then equal to what is recorded in the Gospels.

What we end up with, in the extreme, is Mary (Jesus' Mother) and the teachings of St. Paul being at least as important as Jesus Christ, himself. We also end up with an institution that produces at least as many atheists as it does converts.

When one does what I have done and removes the concept of Jesus Christ from the confines of the Christian religion by selecting only the Gospels from the Canon and discarding all the rest on the grounds of it either being Judaism or unintended letters, the Savior that emerges brings an heretical level of freedom and spirituality to the individual. So much so that if we were to follow "only" Jesus Christ, it would bring down all the governments of the world and the institution of the Church as well.

So, why then did God allow that? If He is in control, how could he have let Christ be confined to a monstrance? This then is the message I have received.

[Image: monstrance.jpg]

It was because of the persecution of early Christians. If God had not shelved the mission of Christ for a while, it would have disappeared off the earth altogether. Every Christian would have been wiped out. For those early one's, they had it in their head that the completion of their spiritual experience was to die for Christ. And the worse the death the better the experience!

The rebuttal to this is an obvious one: Why didn't God simply stop the persecution? The answer is that the mission of Christ would have died without it. Without the persecution, it would have been a small cult that ran its course like so many others before it.

And why then should God play these kinds of games? I don’t know. He just seems to do things through evolution rather than popping the desired reality into existence. The phases of Christ from the rise of Ancient Egypt, to the Greek Philosophers, to the Ancient Israelites, to the incarnation of Christ in Jesus, to the Nuclear Age of mankind, is an evolutionary process.

Perhaps evolution is an inescapable attribute of God, or perhaps it’s a game He likes to play. Either way, the Church was a preserving measure during a time when human beings were evolving into a capacity for Christ.

Atheism, as you correctly point out, is the modern reaction to the Christian Church. It is in fact the agent that will dissolve the Church. Even now it is doing that, but it will give way to the Second Coming of Christ, which Veridicanism is part of.

[Image: takeabow.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2014, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2014 10:03 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-12-2014 09:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Though I find your tangential writing to be nearly impossible to follow, I did pick this bit out of it; And it deserves a response, because I had a response from God just yesterday while I was jogging about this very thing:

You managed to blunder your way to the question of god's intentions when it comes to two thousand years of Christian domination of the figure Jesus Christ, but you don't posses the moral courage to follow that reasoning to its destination, Atheism.

The idea is that the Christian Church has taken Jesus Christ and hidden him from humanity. For at least 1700 years, the Church has dictated how Jesus will be interpreted from the Gospels, and it has nullified most of his teachings by adding Judaism and selected letters of early Christians into the Canon that are then equal to what is recorded in the Gospels.

What we end up with, in the extreme, is Mary (Jesus' Mother) and the teachings of St. Paul being at least as important as Jesus Christ, himself. We also end up with an institution that produces at least as many atheists as it does converts.

When one does what I have done and removes the concept of Jesus Christ from the confines of the Christian religion by selecting only the Gospels from the Canon and discarding all the rest on the grounds of it either being Judaism or unintended letters, the Savior that emerges brings an heretical level of freedom and spirituality to the individual. So much so that if we were to follow "only" Jesus Christ, it would bring down all the governments of the world and the institution of the Church as well.

So, why then did God allow that? If He is in control, how could he have let Christ be confined to a monstrance? This then is the message I have received.

[Image: monstrance.jpg]

It was because of the persecution of early Christians. If God had not shelved the mission of Christ for a while, it would have disappeared off the earth altogether. Every Christian would have been wiped out.

The rebuttal to this is an obvious one: Why didn't God simply stop the persecution? The answer is that the mission of Christ would have died without it. Without the persecution, it would have been a small cult that ran its course like so many others before it.

And why then should God play these kinds of games? I don’t know. He just seems to do things through evolution rather than popping the desired reality into existence. The phases of Christ from the rise of Ancient Egypt, to the Greek Philosophers, to the Ancient Israelites, to the incarnation of Christ in Jesus, to the Nuclear Age of mankind, is an evolutionary process.

Perhaps evolution is an inescapable attribute of God, or perhaps it’s a game He likes to play. Either way, the Church was a preserving measure during a time when human beings were evolving into a capacity for Christ.

Atheism, as you correctly point out, is the modern reaction to the Christian Church. It is in fact the agent that will dissolve the Church. Even now it is doing that, but it will give way to the Second Coming of Christ, which Veridicanism is part of.

[Image: takeabow.gif]

.... and the moon is made of green cheese. Thumbsup
Facepalm

Thanks for yet again demonstrating you haven't the foggiest notion about what you're talking about. Do keep it up.
http://www.amazon.com/Myth-Persecution-C...ersecution

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-12-2014, 10:19 AM
(17-12-2014 04:02 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  ...
The discharge has ambitions of a quality well beyond the scope of your authorship.

Laughed so hard... I peed a little Blush

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post