Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2014, 04:02 PM
RE: Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice
Hey Gordon, you know how you used to think you were Chrrist when you were a kid?

Don't forget what Jesus said...
“I tell you solemnly, unless you change and become like little children you will never enter the kingdom of heaven” (Matt. 18:3,)

Surely this is a message to you. You are him. You are the Christ.

Think about it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2014, 04:08 PM
(19-12-2014 02:30 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  Great question. I can give a tentative answer, but I need some time to really ponder on what I think about this. For now, I suspect that it might not be possible for me to believe, given the world I live in.

That's fair. So, don't ask me to jump through a bunch of hoops for you. Drinking Beverage

Quote:1. I think I would need proof beyond a reasonable doubt that a God exists. It would have to be a god who can exist, so not the god of traditional monotheism. I can lay out my argument for the nonexistence of that kind of god if you would like me to, but for the sake of answering your question I will leave that up to you.

No, I agree with you: the god of traditional Christianity (or Islam or Judaism) is not a possibility. There is a positive argument for its non-existence, in my opinion. But, "the Father" that Jesus speaks of in the Gospels of the NT and the Gospel of Thomas, is not the god of traditional Christianity--just so you know. No

Quote:2. I think I would need proof beyond a reasonable doubt that you are actually talking to a god. I would go a long way if you could explain how it is you tell the difference between god and your own thoughts. It would go even further for me if you could explain how you identify what god you are speaking to.

That's fair. The God I'm speaking to is the only God that exists (assuming I'm actually speaking to God). There can't be multiple gods. There can be multiple spirit guides, but not Gods. Logically, if God exists, it has to be a single entity. Now, having said that, what I am speaking to is actually not the God, but a modality of Him. Jesus called that modality the Holy Spirit, or more precisely, the Comforter.

God, in his totality, is far too great for us to conceive of. The idea that I could "talk" with the creator and sustainer of quarks and galaxies is, well, silly. I talk with the Holy Spirit, but the Son, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are all "God." My graphical user interface for God, if you will, is the Holy Spirit.

And how do I know it's not just me? Often, when I am in communication, I get answers that I don't like. I also get encouragements that I don't think I deserve. Sometimes, I get revelation knowledge that just pops in there as soon as I ask the question, and I had never thought of it before. Over the years, I've come to recognize that "voice."

It's like there's me (my ego), and then there's the silent part of my mind that seems to watch and listen to me think (my eternal consciousness or soul), and then there is that "other" that I just described. And I can tell the difference.

And that's it. But here we're talking about aspects of consciousness that can't be objectified. They are subjective experiences, as is all of consciousness.

Quote:3. I would need to see some consistency in mystical experience around the world. I should see a world where everyone experiences the same god and where religions revealed through that god are consistent in their unified message. I should not be seeing competing revelations with unverifiable claims. I should not be seeing competing scripture with demonstrable human flaws.

No, no, no. Among people who talk to God, it's the same experience. God loves all the religions. Past ones, present ones, and the ones to come. He does. He wants everyone to have their own religion seeking after the Son. You would be amazed at the near infinite religions Jesus Christ could inspire. There's only about 30,000 denominations. There should be a billion. He loves the conflict, and He loves the arguing. It's the sound of His little lives buzzing around, and it's all about Him.

God is nothing if not a glory hound.

[Image: worship_slaves.gif]
19-12-2014, 04:13 PM
(19-12-2014 03:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  While he has been aggressive at times, this may well be somewhat justified. One only has to look at some of the abuse rendered in his personal profile to make that claim.

Or, it may be that the first two times he came here (you do remember those, yes?), he called people "fuck-wits" and other colorful names when they questioned his beliefs, promised several of us we were going to hell, made rather questionable comments about homosexuality, and on and on. Several people tried to befriend him and were eventually met with hostility when they dared to debate or argue with his viewpoints.

Why some people are attracted to bullies is beyond my understanding. Don't be one of those people.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
19-12-2014, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2014 04:18 PM by Gordon.)
(19-12-2014 04:02 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Surely this is a message to you. You are him. You are the Christ.

Okay. [Image: nixweiss.gif]
19-12-2014, 04:15 PM
(19-12-2014 04:13 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Several people tried to befriend him and were eventually met with hostility when they dared to debate or argue with his viewpoints.

Why some people are attracted to bullies is beyond my understanding. Don't be one of those people.

[Image: amen.gif]
19-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Are you ignoring me Gordon?
19-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Gord, gord, gord......I truly think you are fucking with us.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
19-12-2014, 04:33 PM
(19-12-2014 04:13 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 03:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  While he has been aggressive at times, this may well be somewhat justified. One only has to look at some of the abuse rendered in his personal profile to make that claim.

Or, it may be that the first two times he came here (you do remember those, yes?), he called people "fuck-wits" and other colorful names when they questioned his beliefs, promised several of us we were going to hell, made rather questionable comments about homosexuality, and on and on. Several people tried to befriend him and were eventually met with hostility when they dared to debate or argue with his viewpoints.

I am certainly not attracted by bullies of any type.
Takes two to tango;I offer no justification to this type of behaviour, from theists or atheists................
19-12-2014, 04:35 PM
(19-12-2014 04:14 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 04:02 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Surely this is a message to you. You are him. You are the Christ.

Okay. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

I'm glad for you and your new religion that you have admitted it.

I'm worried for your sake that you're trying to do everything yourself. When you were around 2000 years ago, you had 12 disciples to help you, and at the moment all you've got is yourself and the Internet.

You have got a big job ahead of you to convince everyone.
19-12-2014, 04:39 PM
(19-12-2014 03:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No ignorant one. There was no Jesus of Nazareth. He never existed. You have no evidence he did. No one does.

In your bio, you write:

Now at CalTech -> Surgery (?) or Astrophysics. Also am in an Ivy League continuing PhD program in Ancient Near Eastern Studies, (Biblical Studies). Will be one of their atheist grads, (actually I'm an "Igtheist" as no one can define what the word "god" means, or what that word means).

The fact that your bio, from a college point of view, doesn't even make sense (One doesn't study surgery. One goes to med school, becomes a medical doctor, and then does a residency in surgery)...forget it, it doesn't matter.

I want to focus on your Ph.D. in Biblical Studies (that you are simultaneously studying along with "surgery" and astrophysics--and spending copious amounts of time on here). Why would you study something that never happened?

And when atheists say this (because they're the only ones who do), that Jesus of Nazareth never existed, I always wonder where they think the first Christians came from. Cuz there had to be some. Because there really were persecutions; the Roman Empire did become the Holy Roman Empire.

I mean, do you think the very first Christians were in a house somewhere and came up with an elaborate plot to start a false cult--and they were that successful? They met some unsuspecting people, told them the big fable, and those people believed it? And ultimately people were willing to die for it?

Tell me you don't think he was divine. Tell me you think he was a liar and a cheat, but don't tell me he didn't exist, because that just sounds desperate, like you need to be an atheist rather than simply don't believe in God.