Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2014, 04:44 PM
RE: Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice
(19-12-2014 04:39 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 03:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No ignorant one. There was no Jesus of Nazareth. He never existed. You have no evidence he did. No one does.

In your bio, you write:

Now at CalTech -> Surgery (?) or Astrophysics. Also am in an Ivy League continuing PhD program in Ancient Near Eastern Studies, (Biblical Studies). Will be one of their atheist grads, (actually I'm an "Igtheist" as no one can define what the word "god" means, or what that word means).

The fact that your bio, from a college point of view, doesn't even make sense (One doesn't study surgery. One goes to med school, becomes a medical doctor, and then does a residency in surgery)...forget it, it doesn't matter.

I want to focus on your Ph.D. in Biblical Studies (that you are simultaneously studying along with "surgery" and astrophysics--and spending copious amounts of time on here). Why would you study something that never happened?

And when atheists say this (because they're the only ones who do), that Jesus of Nazareth never existed, I always wonder where they think the first Christians came from. Cuz there had to be some. Because there really were persecutions; the Roman Empire did become the Holy Roman Empire.

I mean, do you think the very first Christians were in a house somewhere and came up with an elaborate plot to start a false cult--and they were that successful? They met some unsuspecting people, told them the big fable, and those people believed it? And ultimately people were willing to die for it?

Tell me you don't think he was divine. Tell me you think he was a liar and a cheat, but don't tell me he didn't exist, because that just sounds desperate, like you need to be an atheist rather than simply don't believe in God.

Gordon doesn't answer via the queue~~~~Rolleyes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2014, 04:46 PM
(19-12-2014 04:35 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 04:14 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Okay. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

I'm glad for you and your new religion that you have admitted it.

I'm worried for your sake that you're trying to do everything yourself. When you were around 2000 years ago, you had 12 disciples to help you, and at the moment all you've got is yourself and the Internet.

You have got a big job ahead of you to convince everyone.

Shut the fuck up, weirdo. Hobo
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-12-2014, 04:49 PM
(19-12-2014 04:39 PM)Gordon Wrote:  And when atheists say this (because they're the only ones who do), that Jesus of Nazareth never existed, I always wonder where they think the first Christians came from. Cuz there had to be some. Because there really were persecutions; the Roman Empire did become the Holy Roman Empire.

I mean, do you think the very first Christians were in a house somewhere and came up with an elaborate plot to start a false cult--and they were that successful? They met some unsuspecting people, told them the big fable, and those people believed it? And ultimately people were willing to die for it?

Tell me you don't think he was divine. Tell me you think he was a liar and a cheat, but don't tell me he didn't exist, because that just sounds desperate, like you need to be an atheist rather than simply don't believe in God.

Maybe you should try reading some actual scholarship on the subject, instead of filling in the (copious) blanks in your current knowledge with woefully ignorant speculation?

Just a friendly suggestion.
Thumbsup

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
19-12-2014, 04:50 PM
(19-12-2014 04:46 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 04:35 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I'm glad for you and your new religion that you have admitted it.

I'm worried for your sake that you're trying to do everything yourself. When you were around 2000 years ago, you had 12 disciples to help you, and at the moment all you've got is yourself and the Internet.

Use a bit of control Gordon!
If it's too hot in the kitchen...........
19-12-2014, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 07:55 PM by Vosur.)
(19-12-2014 03:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  To go beyond the pale is not an unhealthy pursuit, in my opinion, providing one does not try to coerce others, He seems to have indicated that he is still in investigation mode.

Definitely. And I will be for some time. If you check out my forum, you will see that I have just laid out the categories for a Veridican theology. But the Veridican Gospel has to be completed first, because the entire theology must be based on that.

[Link removed]

I figure in a year, maybe a year and a half, I should have both books completed (the Gospel and the theology).

I don't know what I'll do after that. Maybe God will give me a heart attack or something. Who knows?

Quote:While he has been aggressive at times, this may well be somewhat justified. One only has to look at some of the abuse rendered in his personal profile to make that claim.

And that's just the way communication goes here. I don't take it to heart, and I can give as good as I get. At least we're all talking passionately. Rolleyes
19-12-2014, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2014 05:37 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-12-2014 04:39 PM)Gordon Wrote:  The fact that your bio, from a college point of view, doesn't even make sense (One doesn't study surgery. One goes to med school, becomes a medical doctor, and then does a residency in surgery)...forget it, it doesn't matter.

I'm well aware of that, fool. It means "I may go that route", (AFTER my undergrad degree is done). It's NOTHING I don't know well. My father is a surgeon.

(19-12-2014 04:39 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I want to focus on your Ph.D. in Biblical Studies. Why would you study something that never happened?

No idiot. The Bible was written. It's a collection of LITERATURE that exists in a body of (ancient Near Eastern) LITERATURE. To credibly refute the bullshit, (such as your ignorant "compilation") one needs a REAL education, and credentials Both of which YOU totally LACK.

(19-12-2014 04:39 PM)Gordon Wrote:  And when atheists say this (because they're the only ones who do), that Jesus of Nazareth never existed, I always wonder where they think the first Christians came from. Cuz there had to be some. Because there really were persecutions; the Roman Empire did become the Holy Roman Empire.

Totally false. Any Empire can call itself "holy" just as any crazy cult can call itself "veridcanism". It was an Empire. "Holy" not so much.
A professor of theology at Notre Dame (CATHOLIC University, Dr. Candida Moss) has refuted the idea that there were "persecutions". They CLAIMED there were martyrs. It was a fraud. But we see you haven't even a beginners notion of the history and issues involved in the crap you claim to be an expert.
http://www.amazon.com/Myth-Persecution-C...9029310098
Constantine USED the new cult as a political tool, just as the Persian Emperor used Judaism after the Exile, and the Arabian Empire used Islam. He didn't care what it taught, as long at the leaders taught the same thing. (which is why he called the Council).

The complex history of how Christianity developed from a sect of Judaism is not something I would expect such an ignoramus as you to have even a beginners grasp of. At the end of the First Century the Jewish High Priest had to REQUIRE the synagogues to read the "Expulsion Curses" because the sub-sect of JEWS who would eventually call themselves "Christian" WERE STILL JEWS. In the year 400, St. John Chrysostom in his Christmas sermon told HIS CONGREGATION to STOP going to the synagogue. The history of the Christian cult has been vastly distorted in favor of Christians. Clearly you have no clue about any of the issues.

Now about that beginners course ... you really NEED to look into it, and stop making such a fool of yourself. As we have all seen here, your 3rd Grade understanding of Christianity just doesn't cut it in the real world.

BTW. ANYTHING you CLAIM about history, MUST be backed up by HISTORICAL references from REAL scholars.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Back at Post #91 I referenced "the OP" throughout, careless of the fact that "the OP", Dark Phoenix, was NOT to whom my "the OP" referred. "The OP" I meant was Gordon, the OP of an odious but well visited thread that inspired Mr. Phoenix to create THIS thread.

Editing is apparently disabled after some length of time, so I'm unable to emend Post #91 directly. I therefore make this public apology to Dark Phoenix for being so bone-headedly careless.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
19-12-2014, 05:39 PM
(19-12-2014 04:46 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 04:35 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I'm glad for you and your new religion that you have admitted it.

Oh the ironyBig Grin
[+] 4 users Like Mark Fulton's post
19-12-2014, 06:09 PM
(19-12-2014 04:39 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 03:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No ignorant one. There was no Jesus of Nazareth. He never existed. You have no evidence he did. No one does.

In your bio, you write:

Now at CalTech -> Surgery (?) or Astrophysics. Also am in an Ivy League continuing PhD program in Ancient Near Eastern Studies, (Biblical Studies). Will be one of their atheist grads, (actually I'm an "Igtheist" as no one can define what the word "god" means, or what that word means).

The fact that your bio, from a college point of view, doesn't even make sense (One doesn't study surgery. One goes to med school, becomes a medical doctor, and then does a residency in surgery)...forget it, it doesn't matter.

I want to focus on your Ph.D. in Biblical Studies (that you are simultaneously studying along with "surgery" and astrophysics--and spending copious amounts of time on here). Why would you study something that never happened?

And when atheists say this (because they're the only ones who do), that Jesus of Nazareth never existed, I always wonder where they think the first Christians came from. Cuz there had to be some. Because there really were persecutions; the Roman Empire did become the Holy Roman Empire.

"I always wonder where they think the first Christians came from"
From the peasants, the great unwashed mass, the hoi polloi, the uneducated, the gullible. From people like you.

"I mean, do you think the very first Christians were in a house somewhere and came up with an elaborate plot to start a false cult--and they were that successful?"
YEP. BINGO! YOU GOT IT.
Maybe you're not as stupid as you sound.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
19-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Oh, got it. So all this time we always thought there was persecution, but in 2014 an atheist/christian writes a book and, well, that's it. It never happened. And the whole world has revolved for 2000 years around the life and death of Jesus Christ, but in 2014 the atheists say he never existed, so well, there goes that.

You know, truth is I have no fucking clue. Truth is, you guys have no fucking clue and neither does someone with a horrid yeast infection for a name (Candida Moss, seriously?). We didn't live then. We don't know.

What I do know is that we have the Gospel record. That's what exists today. Either Jesus lived and it was a record of his life and death and teachings, or the guy who made it all up and wrote it down existed. Either way, we learn about the concept of the Son of God, and that is how we get to God.

We didn't live back then; we didn't see the miracles; we didn't hear the teachings. What we have, what anyone has had for 1970 some odd years is the Gospel record. If your eyes aren't opened when you read it, then maybe you were never created to be saved. Like Jesus said, if the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness.