Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2014, 12:43 PM
RE: Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice
(20-12-2014 10:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I realize it's important for you assholes to insist that I am claiming to be Jesus Christ, or that I am claiming to be the second coming of Christ. For the record I am not. I am not claiming it, nor do I believe it.

(15-12-2014 04:00 PM)Gordon Wrote:  And I've been close to God since I was 9. But I'm not the final one. I'm the first of the Second Coming of Christ.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like Mathilda's post
20-12-2014, 12:45 PM
(20-12-2014 11:03 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Okay, Dark Phoenix, you said your bit, and I said my bit, and you responded with your counter-bits. And I appreciate you being civil about it. You realize, I can't possibly re-respond to all of that, or I won't have any time to do anything else in the day--like work on Veridican theology. But I did read what you posted. Again, thanks for the civility.

Ed

It was a lot. You were saying things that I had a problem with faster than I could write questions and comments. Tongue

I understand you have a life. If the issues come up again, we can discuss them then. Thanks for reading.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
20-12-2014, 12:46 PM
(20-12-2014 12:43 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 10:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I realize it's important for you assholes to insist that I am claiming to be Jesus Christ, or that I am claiming to be the second coming of Christ. For the record I am not. I am not claiming it, nor do I believe it.

(15-12-2014 04:00 PM)Gordon Wrote:  And I've been close to God since I was 9. But I'm not the final one. I'm the first of the Second Coming of Christ.

Nice catch. The moron doesn’t know if he’s coming or going.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
20-12-2014, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2014 12:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-12-2014 10:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 12:25 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I been my own personal Lord and Savior for almost as long as you been alive. I can guarantee that you are not the first incarnation of the second coming of The Christ. I beat you to it by 20 years. Drinking Beverage

I realize it's important for you assholes to insist that I am claiming to be Jesus Christ, or that I am claiming to be the second coming of Christ. For the record I am not. I am not claiming it, nor do I believe it.

For the record I am. And I do.

I am the rock of the ages
You cannot move I at all
I am the son of lightning
You cannot move I at all
Son of Jacob
Cannot move me at all
I am the son of Moses
You can't move I at all
I am the son of David
You cannot move I at all

#sigh
20-12-2014, 01:20 PM
(20-12-2014 11:30 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 08:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  To be fair, even I wouldn't consider it 'paradise' unless there was an option to eventually opt-out and simply cease to be. On an infinite timeline, eventually I would simply run out of things to do and be curious about. It might take a really long time, but it would eventually happen, and once it does I think that continued existence (especially an eternal one) would turn into torture.

Even the best party in the universe becomes a prison if you lack the option to leave. Drinking Beverage

I want to start a new thread and get out of this one, so I will pick this comment as the last word I'm going to have in here.

You are right about paradise that way. You do realize every heaven is different, and every heaven has to be self-created in the astral realm, or it would not be heaven. It couldn't be. Which is why we are here to learn, be transformed, and grow. Which also leads into theodicy and why there is suffering. But I won't go there now.

You hit the nail on the head when you said you'd want an option to blink out of existence, or else it could end up a torture, and it would. I honestly believe that kind of torture is one of the types of hell that God has within Him.

I also think that if all goes well, we are on a path to non-existence. We are on a path to where our heavens become greater and greater until we are simply diffused into the totality of God by choice. And of course, at that point we don't exist as a separate modality any longer.

But for the ones God really hates, there is a pleasure paradise waiting for them, I'm sure of it, and it has only one caveat: it never ends. The desire for pleasure ends, but the paradise of pleasure never does.

Hasta Luego.
[Image: backing-out-smiley.gif]

[Image: 4998131603_4f08a34782_z.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
20-12-2014, 01:57 PM
(20-12-2014 12:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Nice catch. The moron doesn’t know if he’s coming or going.

And he's completely stopped responding to me. It's because he knows that he can't make a convincing case that my nan isn't the second coming of Christ and at the same time claim that he is. So now he's dropping the whole 'Second coming' claim completely.

This leaves two possibilities. He's either deliberately intellectually dishonest or he is a mentally ill fantasist.

I suspect the latter.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
20-12-2014, 01:59 PM
(20-12-2014 01:57 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 12:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Nice catch. The moron doesn’t know if he’s coming or going.

And he's completely stopped responding to me. It's because he knows that he can't make a convincing case that my nan isn't the second coming of Christ and at the same time claim that he is. So now he's dropping the whole 'Second coming' claim completely.

This leaves two possibilities. He's either deliberately intellectually dishonest or he is a mentally ill fantasist.

I suspect the latter.

Maybe both.

BTW that story of your nan made me go Shocking

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
20-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Boxing match challenge to Gordon

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...to-a-fight
20-12-2014, 04:28 PM

I don't know what prize we have in the prize warehouse, but whatever it is - Mathilda won it. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
20-12-2014, 10:05 PM
(20-12-2014 04:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

I don't know what prize we have in the prize warehouse, but whatever it is - Mathilda won it. Tongue

Winter air for tires?

Blinker light fluid?

Elbow grease?

A box of map grid squares?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post