Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2014, 12:12 AM
RE: Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice
(18-12-2014 12:00 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 07:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you have a problem, out with it. Otherwise, piss off.

Chas you are very good at dishing it out......not that good at copping it!

Remind me which one of the two of you keeps stomping out of the forum like a baby on a regular basis throwing hissy fits and crying?

Oh wait never mind its you.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
18-12-2014, 12:15 AM
~~~~Stand by your Man~~~

I don't think he really need your grovelling!
18-12-2014, 12:19 AM
(17-12-2014 11:47 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  "People" suffer or every individual who has ever suffered, suffers, because they don't have faith? I am not sure that holds up in every case. I think is convenient, and dangerous, to assume that everyone who goes through hardship in this world deserves it. It seems more reasonable, and far less judge mental, to just assume that sometimes good people suffer without reason and without fault of their own, don't you think? But then... where does that leave god?

And I would be remiss if I didn't ask about babies and children. Why would god deem it necessary to make infants suffer? Are they at fault for not having strong enough faith?

I'm not saying people deserve...well, let me take that back. Yeah, people deserve to suffer. They really do. God has a lot of mercy and grace for humanity, but people really don't deserve it. I know people think they are good, but they're not.

Nevertheless, Jesus said God sends his rain on the just and the unjust.

As for children: I simply don't judge God. God is the Creator. We are modalities of His substance. He more than owns us; he is our Creator. If he stops holding us in existence, we stop existing. Plain and simple. Even our minds are modal expressions of Him. Which means the only reason you're able to think about theodicy, is because he's allowing you to think about theodicy.

But I haven't answered the question, have I? No

Jesus was once asked if a person was born blind because of his sins or his parents sin. And Jesus said neither. He said he was born blind so that the Glory of God could be made manifest in him, and the Jesus healed him.

We suffer, kids suffer, my dogs suffer so that the glory of God might be made manifest through them.

That's a hard truth to accept. It doesn't seem fair. And I can't think of any words right now to mitigate it. If we had super-faith. If we had followed Jesus instead of crucifying him. He would have taught us how to manipulate faith. Generations would have come and gone, each growing more powerful. Today, there just wouldn't be much suffering in the world. But we hung him on a cross and chose science over faith. So, we have suffering. But God hasn't stopped his method of forcing us to develop it.

And that's all besides the point that God punishes people all the time. He really does. He can be quite horrible about it. There really is a really good reason to fear God. Jesus out and out told us to.

You might say, "Oh, well then, I'll never worship that!" But look what happens: you become an atheist and God isn't diminished one bit. You end up with no purpose, no moral foundation, no hope, no faith, no miracles, no psychic abilities, no relationship with God, no revelation of Christ, and probably reincarnation if you don't become a glowing ember in hell. You won't worship God? Then maybe you will in your next life, or the next, or the next, or after a thousand lifetimes. Each one loaded with suffering and no faith.
[Image: funeral.gif]

Anyway I've blabbered on too much tonight already. Good night.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-12-2014, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2014 12:26 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(17-12-2014 11:39 PM)Gordon Wrote:  God is responsible for natural disasters, plague, and general illness.

No. read a book that you did not vomit forth. That's wrong and your uneducated. No. No no no no. NO.

(17-12-2014 11:39 PM)Gordon Wrote:  In the Gospel, its clear God made someone blind from birth just so they'd be around for Jesus to heal them and reveal God's glory.
That's a stupid fucking plan.

(17-12-2014 11:39 PM)Gordon Wrote:  And, yeah, I would say people suffer because they don't have faith.
Faith is one of the worst thing in the world. So no.

(17-12-2014 11:39 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Jesus doesn't seem to have suffered until the end, and that was always the reason he came to earth anyway.
A.) easy to say when most of his life is not even in the fucking book.
B.) You obviously don't know anything about the time period. taking a shit back then was a fucking harrowing experience.

(17-12-2014 11:39 PM)Gordon Wrote:  If we had great faith, we could do great supernatural things
No. Stop making up bullshit you moron.

(17-12-2014 11:39 PM)Gordon Wrote:  But it's irrelevant because after Jesus, people moved toward science and away from faith as a way of controlling their physical world. We made a choice and that choice was science.
And the quality of life, living conditions, life span, comfort, literacy, education, knowledge and almost every other good thing in the world has been improved drastically by the pursuit of science.
Most places where "faith" still clings to are ass backwards, primitive, superstitious, and poor.

Fuck your faith and it's detriments to the world.

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
18-12-2014, 12:23 AM
(18-12-2014 12:15 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  ~~~~Stand by your Man~~~

Rolleyes

Awww poor baby, don't like having your hypocrisy called out? Don't be a cunt then you old bigot. Super simple stuff.

18-12-2014, 12:25 AM
(18-12-2014 12:19 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 11:47 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  "People" suffer or every individual who has ever suffered, suffers, because they don't have faith? I am not sure that holds up in every case. I think is convenient, and dangerous, to assume that everyone who goes through hardship in this world deserves it. It seems more reasonable, and far less judge mental, to just assume that sometimes good people suffer without reason and without fault of their own, don't you think? But then... where does that leave god?

And I would be remiss if I didn't ask about babies and children. Why would god deem it necessary to make infants suffer? Are they at fault for not having strong enough faith?

I'm not saying people deserve...well, let me take that back. Yeah, people deserve to suffer. They really do. God has a lot of mercy and grace for humanity, but people really don't deserve it. I know people think they are good, but they're not.

As for children: I simply don't judge God. God is the Creator. We are modalities of His substance. He more than owns us; he is our Creator. If he stops holding us in existence, we stop existing. Plain and simple. Even our minds are modal expressions of Him. Which means the only reason you're able to think about theodicy, is because he's allowing you to think about theodicy.

Jesus was once asked if a person was born blind because of his sins or his parents sin. And Jesus said neither. He said he was born blind so that the Glory of God could be made manifest in him, and the Jesus healed him.

We suffer, kids suffer, my dogs suffer so that the glory of God might be made manifest through them.

That's a hard truth to accept. It doesn't seem fair. And I can't think of any words right now to mitigate it. If we had super-faith. If we had followed Jesus instead of crucifying him. He would have taught us how to manipulate faith. Generations would have come and gone, each growing more powerful. Today, there just wouldn't be much suffering in the world. But we hung him on a cross and chose science over faith. So, we have suffering. But God hasn't stopped his method of forcing us to develop it.

And that's all besides the point that God punishes people all the time. He really does. He can be quite horrible about it. There really is a really good reason to fear God. Jesus out and out told us to.

You might say, "Oh, well then, I'll never worship that!" But look what happens: you become an atheist and God isn't diminished one bit. You end up with no purpose, no moral foundation, no hope, no faith, no miracles, no psychic abilities, no relationship with God, no revelation of Christ, and probably reincarnation if you don't become a glowing ember in hell. You won't worship God? Then maybe you will in your next life, or the next, or the next, or after a thousand lifetimes. Each one loaded with suffering and no faith.

Made up crap, nothing of substance.

When you die your going in a box kiddo and no place else. Sucks to be you, now get back on your meds you psychopath.

18-12-2014, 12:28 AM
(18-12-2014 12:19 AM)Gordon Wrote:  

So let me get this straight - god is not in fact, benevolent? You can't have it both ways. He can't be infinitely loving and condone the needless suffering of innocents for his own glory. Saying that you can't judge god is a cop out... you obviously can. You judge god all the time; judge god to be powerful, judge god to be merciful, you are unwilling to cast a negative judgement on god for reasons that don't seem well defined beyond "ingratitude" or "unworthiness".

If suffering exists in the world for the mistakes of a handful of individuals in one part of the world 2000 years ago, then it seems like god is more vindictive, or at least negligent, rather than forgiving. It still doesn't explain all the suffering that took place many thousands of years before christ either... surely those people were not guilty of forsaking the savior? The contemporaries of jesus also... I am not sure how people dieing of dissentary in china at the time of antiquity displeased god, or ever had the opportunity to learn of him either. Doesn't it seem more rational that pain and hardship are at least partially independent of faith? But then we arrive back at the same questions, where does that leave god?
[+] 3 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
18-12-2014, 12:29 AM
(18-12-2014 12:00 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 07:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you have a problem, out with it. Otherwise, piss off.

Chas you are very good at dishing it out......not that good at copping it!

Lol says the guy down voting people for being rude to him and pointing out his hypocrisy.

Geeze Woof, your not good at dealing it OR taking it it seems. lolz

18-12-2014, 12:31 AM
(18-12-2014 12:23 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 12:15 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  ~~~~Stand by your Man~~~

Rolleyes

Awww poor baby, don't like having your hypocrisy called out? Don't be a cunt then you old bigot. Super simple stuff.

Can't go beyond ageist bigotry, abuse, vulgar language misrepresentation, and stupidity can we?
You really need to mature a bit!
18-12-2014, 12:35 AM
(18-12-2014 12:09 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  This guy was taken seriously at some point?

As a source of forum entertainment? Yeah he was.
It's sad what's become of him.

He could'a been a contend'a.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post