Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2014, 06:35 AM
RE: Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice
Good news people, we don't need to make fun of the Veridican religion anymore. I found a site that makes Veridicanism look more ridiculous than we ever could. Big Grin

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
18-12-2014, 07:23 AM
Ah the veridican website with such batshit crazy content like:

Quote:The spiritual gifts of Veridicanism include:

Veridican Astrology

Prophecy

Veridican Magick

Spirit communications

Conjuring and exorcisms

Dream interpretation

Revelation of the Gospel message

and

Quote:You must not engage in the following intolerable behaviors:

Child cruelty

Animal cruelty

Elder abuse

Abuse of the mentally disabled

Financial scams

Criticizing Veridicanism or the Veridican Society to non-members

I wonder why Ed is worked up by financial scams? I would think that his jeebus voodoo that Veridcans are supposed to enjoy would make running a financial scam unnecessary.

Hey ed can you raise the dead or do you just talk to them?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
18-12-2014, 07:58 AM
(18-12-2014 12:41 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Must be drinkies time.....or is it coke. Big mouths behind the screen abound!

Hey Mr. Woof. It's my opinion that once someone tells someone else online to kill themselves, as Whiskey did, there is no sense in addressing them. They are in fact the worst kind of scum humanity produces. They may not be out murdering people, but they're trying to get people to murder themselves, and that's almost sicker because it's more cowardly and weak.

Whiskey may hide behind whatever banner he wants: gay rights, atheism, etc., but those are just thin veils over a very sick mind. He could care less if his words cause a suicide; in fact he would probably feel some self-esteem boost if he knew a person did commit suicide over something he's said.

He looks like someone who's been or would be bullied a great deal in his life. That doesn't excuse his online behavior--in fact his online behavior retroactively makes the bullying he got justified.

What's sad is that atheists have to welcome him into their fold. They have to because atheism has no ultimate authority for morality. Whiskey, from an atheistic perspective is simply a defective mutation responding badly to his environmental stimuli. As an atheist he can't be blamed for being the type of person who encourages suicides online...which is probably why he's an atheist. Undecided

(18-12-2014 01:31 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I am not sure I follow. Intuitively I know that it is wrong to punish someone for a crime they do not commit. I can very easily evaluate gods actions, consider the reasons or none reasons for them, and conclude that it is unjust or wrong. It seems rather reasonable to hold god to the same standard of moral reasoning we hold people to; after all, by definition, god is the most righteous moral actor in existence. It seem contradictory than that he should behave in ways described in the bible and condone such incredible injustice.

You do have a point there. I mean if God is above morality, okay. But if He then imposes a morality on humans (I think we could all agree that for instance cruelty is wrong in all societies.), He must then be innocent of cruelty Himself or He becomes a hypocrite. Or does he? Actually, perhaps He does not. The rule is for humans to not be cruel. Right?

Quote:But this conflict only exist if you make god the cause of everything. You can alleviate god of this burden if you allow that some suffering takes place without cause. This allows god to still be benevolent - he wishes that people did not suffer - but no omnipotent, because he incapable or unwilling to stop it. It doesn't seem possible to reconcile omnipotence and benevolence in the same deity.

I see what you're saying. But if God is not omnipotent--then He is not God. He may be a sub-god, but there would still be a larger god that was omnipotent.

Quote:Of course it is possible that god is not the source of morality at all. God can still be all powerful then and not be particularly concerned with fairness or mercy. That would make many parts in the bible difficult to understand. It would also make god an unattractive deity for worship.

If god has revealed things to you please share it. I would hope the creator of the universe is capable of providing a coherent explanation for the nature of the world, It would be a very disappointing deity indeed if he can be casually outwitted by, well, me Smile.

I don't think you want the answer I was given last night. I really would rather leave this alone. Confused
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-12-2014, 08:01 AM
(18-12-2014 06:35 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Good news people, we don't need to make fun of the Veridican religion anymore. I found a site that makes Veridicanism look more ridiculous than we ever could. Big Grin

The forum has four members. Laughat

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
18-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Wow. Go away for a few days and you miss a lot. Gasp

Why is this Gordon guy here?
18-12-2014, 08:19 AM
(18-12-2014 08:14 AM)Machias Wrote:  Wow. Go away for a few days and you miss a lot. Gasp

Why is this Gordon guy here?

No one goes to his idiot site.
He has to get attention and do the preachy-weachy somewhere.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-12-2014, 08:26 AM
(18-12-2014 07:58 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I don't think you want the answer I was given last night. I really would rather leave this alone. Confused

Oh, you're such a tease. Girl_nails

Are you concerned for our delicate sensibilities?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-12-2014, 08:26 AM
(18-12-2014 08:01 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 06:35 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Good news people, we don't need to make fun of the Veridican religion anymore. I found a site that makes Veridicanism look more ridiculous than we ever could. Big Grin

The forum has four members. Laughat

The forum doesn't even really have a purpose at this point. You're laughing at an empty building for not being a shopping mall.
18-12-2014, 08:27 AM
(18-12-2014 08:26 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 08:01 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  The forum has four members. Laughat

The forum doesn't even really have a purpose at this point. You're laughing at an empty building for not being a shopping mall.

No, we're laughing at the developer of the empty building. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-12-2014, 08:35 AM
(18-12-2014 08:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 07:58 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I don't think you want the answer I was given last night. I really would rather leave this alone. Confused

Oh, you're such a tease. Girl_nails

Are you concerned for our delicate sensibilities?

The answer doesn't change anything. It won't change you. It won't prove anything, and it doesn't turn the massacre of 145 school kids in Pakistan into a warm fuzzie.