Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2014, 10:58 AM
RE: Gordonic Derrangement- Not Pleased to Meet You Twice
(17-12-2014 09:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
[Image: takeabow.gif]

This was the most accurate and best part of your post. It's very appropriate since it was nothing, but a performance. Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
17-12-2014, 11:19 AM
(17-12-2014 09:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Though I find your tangential writing nearly impossible to follow, I did pick this bit out of it; And it deserves a response, because I had a response from God about this very thing just yesterday while I was jogging:

You managed to blunder your way to the question of god's intentions when it comes to two thousand years of Christian domination of the figure Jesus Christ, but you don't posses the moral courage to follow that reasoning to its destination, Atheism.

The idea is that the Christian Church has taken Jesus Christ and hidden him from humanity. For at least 1700 years, the Church has dictated how Jesus will be interpreted from the Gospels, and it has nullified most of his teachings by adding Judaism and some selected letters of early Christians into the Canon that are then equal to what is recorded in the Gospels.

What we end up with, in the extreme, is Mary (Jesus' Mother) and the teachings of St. Paul being at least as important as Jesus Christ, himself. We also end up with an institution that produces at least as many atheists as it does converts.

When one does what I have done and removes the concept of Jesus Christ from the confines of the Christian religion by selecting only the Gospels from the Canon and discarding all the rest on the grounds of it either being Judaism or unintended letters, the Savior that emerges brings an heretical level of freedom and spirituality to the individual. So much so that if we were to follow "only" Jesus Christ, it would bring down all the governments of the world and the institution of the Church as well.

So, why then did God allow that? If He is in control, how could he have let Christ be confined to a monstrance? This then is the message I have received.

[Image: monstrance.jpg]

It was because of the persecution of early Christians. If God had not shelved the mission of Christ for a while, it would have disappeared off the earth altogether. Every Christian would have been wiped out. For those early one's, they had it in their head that the completion of their spiritual experience was to die for Christ. And the worse the death the better the experience!

The rebuttal to this is an obvious one: Why didn't God simply stop the persecution? The answer is that the mission of Christ would have died without it. Without the persecution, it would have been a small cult that ran its course like so many others before it.

And why then should God play these kinds of games? I don’t know. He just seems to do things through evolution rather than popping the desired reality into existence. The phases of Christ from the rise of Ancient Egypt, to the Greek Philosophers, to the Ancient Israelites, to the incarnation of Christ in Jesus, to the Nuclear Age of mankind, is an evolutionary process.

Perhaps evolution is an inescapable attribute of God, or perhaps it’s a game He likes to play. Either way, the Church was a preserving measure during a time when human beings were evolving into a capacity for Christ.

Atheism, as you correctly point out, is the modern reaction to the Christian Church. It is in fact the agent that will dissolve the Church. Even now it is doing that, but it will give way to the Second Coming of Christ, which Veridicanism is part of.

"because I had a response from God about this very thing just yesterday while I was jogging.."

Blink

You know outside of the delusion you are manufacturing, and I won't even bother dismantling your......unique and special view of the world around you.....since I try to not engage people who are suffering mental breakdown....and if you think god is speaking to you....and you are hearing voices......not much I can with that, nor will I try. Good luck with that and happy holidays....

[Image: 5cgaid.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
17-12-2014, 11:40 AM
(17-12-2014 11:19 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  "because I had a response from God about this very thing just yesterday while I was jogging.."

Blink

You know outside of the delusion you are manufacturing, and I won't even bother dismantling your......unique and special view of the world around you.....since I try to not engage people who are suffering mental breakdown....and if you think god is speaking to you....and you are hearing voices......not much I can with that, nor will I try. Good luck with that and happy holidays....

Yeah, just walk away. You have nothing to add. God talks to me. He'd talk to you too, but you're too stupid to listen. Mental breakdown or not, in response to my prayer, he healed my dog's ear last night, and I love my dog, so I don't give a shit what you think about my "special view of the world."

And to anyone reading. Yes, we have an appointment at the vet this afternoon. But at this time there doesn't seem to be any need for it at all. Nevertheless, God gave us antibiotics and pain medicine, too, even if only prophylactically. And if the vet prescribes those things, I'm not going to throw those miracles back in God's face. But at 3 AM, he answered my prayer for the acute pain my dog was experiencing.

So, you can imagine how little of a fuck I give about anyone's "opinion" of the miracles I experience from God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2014, 11:47 AM
(17-12-2014 09:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Though I find your tangential writing nearly impossible to follow, I did pick this bit out of it; And it deserves a response, because I had a response from God about this very thing just yesterday while I was jogging:

You managed to blunder your way to the question of god's intentions when it comes to two thousand years of Christian domination of the figure Jesus Christ, but you don't posses the moral courage to follow that reasoning to its destination, Atheism.

The idea is that the Christian Church has taken Jesus Christ and hidden him from humanity. For at least 1700 years, the Church has dictated how Jesus will be interpreted from the Gospels, and it has nullified most of his teachings by adding Judaism and some selected letters of early Christians into the Canon that are then equal to what is recorded in the Gospels.

What we end up with, in the extreme, is Mary (Jesus' Mother) and the teachings of St. Paul being at least as important as Jesus Christ, himself. We also end up with an institution that produces at least as many atheists as it does converts.

When one does what I have done and removes the concept of Jesus Christ from the confines of the Christian religion by selecting only the Gospels from the Canon and discarding all the rest on the grounds of it either being Judaism or unintended letters, the Savior that emerges brings an heretical level of freedom and spirituality to the individual. So much so that if we were to follow "only" Jesus Christ, it would bring down all the governments of the world and the institution of the Church as well.

So, why then did God allow that? If He is in control, how could he have let Christ be confined to a monstrance? This then is the message I have received.

[Image: monstrance.jpg]

It was because of the persecution of early Christians. If God had not shelved the mission of Christ for a while, it would have disappeared off the earth altogether. Every Christian would have been wiped out. For those early one's, they had it in their head that the completion of their spiritual experience was to die for Christ. And the worse the death the better the experience!

The rebuttal to this is an obvious one: Why didn't God simply stop the persecution? The answer is that the mission of Christ would have died without it. Without the persecution, it would have been a small cult that ran its course like so many others before it.

And why then should God play these kinds of games? I don’t know. He just seems to do things through evolution rather than popping the desired reality into existence. The phases of Christ from the rise of Ancient Egypt, to the Greek Philosophers, to the Ancient Israelites, to the incarnation of Christ in Jesus, to the Nuclear Age of mankind, is an evolutionary process.

Perhaps evolution is an inescapable attribute of God, or perhaps it’s a game He likes to play. Either way, the Church was a preserving measure during a time when human beings were evolving into a capacity for Christ.

Atheism, as you correctly point out, is the modern reaction to the Christian Church. It is in fact the agent that will dissolve the Church. Even now it is doing that, but it will give way to the Second Coming of Christ, which Veridicanism is part of.

ts;dr

too stupid, didn't react

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
17-12-2014, 11:51 AM
(17-12-2014 11:40 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 11:19 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  "because I had a response from God about this very thing just yesterday while I was jogging.."

Blink

Yeah, just walk away. You have nothing to add. God talks to me. He'd talk to you too, but you're too stupid to listen. Mental breakdown or not, in response to my prayer, he healed my dog's ear last night, and I love my dog, so I don't give a shit what you think about my "special view of the world."

And to anyone reading. Yes, we have an appointment at the vet this afternoon. But at this time there doesn't seem to be any need for it at all. Nevertheless, God gave us antibiotics and pain medicine, too, even if only prophylactically. And if the vet prescribes those things, I'm not going to throw those miracles back in God's face. But at 3 AM, he answered my prayer for the acute pain my dog was experiencing.

So, you can imagine how little of a fuck I give about anyone's "opinion" of the miracles I experience from God.

[Image: 95615b09c690e2564306900545376f1fd8ded882...26bd7e.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
17-12-2014, 11:51 AM
(17-12-2014 11:40 AM)Gordon Wrote:  And to anyone reading. Yes, we have an appointment at the vet this afternoon. But at this time there doesn't seem to be any need for it at all. Nevertheless, God gave us antibiotics and pain medicine, too, even if only prophylactically. And if the vet prescribes those things, I'm not going to throw those miracles back in God's face. But at 3 AM, he answered my prayer for the acute pain my dog was experiencing.

So you're still going to the vet? Why don't you trust your god? Consider

(If you happen to answer No, despite what you wrote above, then all I can say is "poor dog". If it had anything serious, then it's not cured.)

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
17-12-2014, 11:52 AM
(17-12-2014 11:51 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 11:40 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Yeah, just walk away. You have nothing to add. God talks to me. He'd talk to you too, but you're too stupid to listen. Mental breakdown or not, in response to my prayer, he healed my dog's ear last night, and I love my dog, so I don't give a shit what you think about my "special view of the world."

[Image: 95615b09c690e2564306900545376f1fd8ded882...26bd7e.jpg]

Cat-olicism? Tongue

[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
17-12-2014, 11:54 AM
(17-12-2014 11:40 AM)Gordon Wrote:  

Blink

God had nothing whatever to do with Fleming's accidental discovery of antibiotics. After hundreds of thousands of years of human suffering, a HUMAN is responsible, (with NO HELP from any god) for it's discovery. You and your dog are not special.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-12-2014, 11:56 AM
(17-12-2014 11:52 AM)Impulse Wrote:  ...
Cat-olicism? Tongue

Catvinism ?

Meowmonism?

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
17-12-2014, 12:03 PM
(17-12-2014 11:54 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 11:40 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Yeah, just walk away. You have nothing to add. God talks to me. He'd talk to you too, but you're too stupid to listen. Mental breakdown or not, in response to my prayer, he healed my dog's ear last night, and I love my dog, so I don't give a shit what you think about my "special view of the world."

God had nothing whatever to do with Fleming's accidental discovery of antibiotics. After hundreds of thousands of years of human suffering, a HUMAN is responsible, (with NO HELP from any god) for it's discovery. You and your dog are not special.

Fuck you. He discovered penicillin by accident. "Discovered" it, he didn't invent it. You don't think its a miracle--well of course you don't. You're an ignorant atheist.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user