Gospel of Jesus' Wife back in the news

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2014, 08:58 AM
RE: Gospel of Jesus' Wife back in the news
(11-04-2014 02:07 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 04:11 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Not exactly. People who are married before becoming a priest can become a priest, but once an unmarried man has become a priest, he can no longer marry. This wasn't always true historically, but it is today. The Catholic church sees marriage as a distraction from devoting oneself fully to God as a priest and that's why they don't allow priests to marry. Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken, already married men who become priests are limited in that they cannot become a pastor except in rare circumstances.

You are correct that you can only be married prior to becoming a priest. In the Latin right this only counts if you converted to catholicism after your marriage. The example I gave was an Anglican minister prior to converting and had a Jewish wife, hence the Jewish kids. However in several of the eastern right Catholic churches you are fully allowed to be married and then become a priest and I'm pretty sure they can be pastor.
Also In terms of the history of married priests, this style goes back quite far since the eastern right churches have changed fairly little over the centuries.
So we agree. In no cases today can a person become a priest and then get married. So what was your point again? Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2014, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2014 09:37 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(11-04-2014 08:29 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Who? Edumucate Girly ObiFullerene.

Simon ben Azzai.
Jewish wise men (such as Yeshua ben Josef .. commonly known as Jesus) were arguing and attempting during that period to "reduce" the Torah's multiple "laws" to a more simpler form ... "Love your neighbor as yourself" ... sound familiar ?
Mark 12:31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."
Fits in perfectly in rabbinic debate context. To be considered "wise" a man's "*soul* had to be "settled" or "content" in the sense of "experienced and non-disturbable". For that to be the case, marriage was required.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simeon_ben_Azzai
http://www.on1foot.org/sourcesheet/mutua...sson-torah
http://rabbimichaelsamuel.com/2009/10/ra...us-debate/
http://thanbook.blogspot.com/2009/04/who...azzai.html
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/12494-rabbi

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-04-2014, 09:38 AM
(11-04-2014 09:24 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Simon ben Azzai.
Jewish wise men (such as Yeshua ben Josef .. commonly known as Jesus) were arguing and attempting during that period to "reduce" the Torah's multiple "laws" to a more simpler form ... "Love your neighbor as yourself" ... sound familiar ?
Mark 12:31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

The fuck they arguing about? That's the only commandment.

#sigh
11-04-2014, 10:03 AM
(11-04-2014 08:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 06:45 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Yep. So why, then, are you still a Christian?

I still have the faith that God gave to me that enables me to believe.

The Cognitive Dissonance is strong with this one.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
11-04-2014, 10:08 AM
(11-04-2014 10:03 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 08:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I still have the faith that God gave to me that enables me to believe.

I like him. He's good people.That's all I give a shit about.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-04-2014, 10:10 AM
(11-04-2014 10:03 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 08:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I still have the faith that God gave to me that enables me to believe.

Taq... stop picking on our beloved theist. He's one of good ones. I promise a troll will come by sooner or later.

Atir aissom atir imon
11-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Hey, I like him, too.

...except for that whole bit about promising me mudbugs and sending me six-inch flying cockroaches....

11-04-2014, 10:20 AM
Thanks Girly. Thanks Ryan. As y'all know, though, my skin is pretty thick. Stuff like that just bounces off me.

(11-04-2014 10:16 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Hey, I like him, too.

...except for that whole bit about promising me mudbugs and sending me six-inch flying cockroaches....

Then come down to BR. They're in season. Tony's Seafood has some of the best around.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
11-04-2014, 10:22 AM
(11-04-2014 10:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Thanks Girly. Thanks Ryan. As y'all know, though, my skin is pretty thick. Stuff like that just bounces off me.

Yes, but that doesn't mean you can't have people stick up for you too Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
11-04-2014, 10:43 AM
(11-04-2014 10:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Thanks Girly. Thanks Ryan. As y'all know, though, my skin is pretty thick. Stuff like that just bounces off me.

(11-04-2014 10:16 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Hey, I like him, too.

Then come down to BR. They're in season. Tony's Seafood has some of the best around.

Okay, but the CO Fish and Wildlife Dept still wants to talk to you about the environmental disaster you orchestrated by duping me into releasing a predatory, invasive, non-native species into the ecosystem here.