Got a PS4. Total noob.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2015, 09:26 AM
RE: Got a PS4. Total noob.
(02-12-2015 09:24 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  People keep recommending PS3 games, not sure why since you don't have one (Skyrim is NOT on PS4, for example).

ooops. I haven't had a console since super Nintendo, I use my alienware to play PC versions. That is what I get for assuming stuff Blush

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
02-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Welcome to the Future Stark. You haven't made a bad choice. PS4 has a huge selection of games already that Xbox can not match.

If you're want to try an RPG you have these to look foward to.

Kingdom Hearts 3
If your a fan of Disney Nostalgia, and always wanted to know what it would be like if goofy and Donald where warriors that could travel threw the relems of the Disney universe fighting evil monsters, then this is a great title to get into. It's been years since the original came out but you can always download those and if you'd like to get a little back story but most likely it wont be necessary.

Final Fantasy 7
This is a remake of one of the greatest RPG games ever. It was originally made for the first PlayStation. It's epic! And will require some time but you'll enjoy every minute of it.
It takes place on a world were a major corporation is sucking the life force out of the earth. Your part of a band of renagades that wish to bring an end to this distruction. As the story goes you find that more comrades to join you cause. Giant yellow birds, men with machine guns for hands, and a genuine connection with charathers that you meet.

Fallout 4
Yeah it's FPS but at it's core it's an RPG. Set in future world just after a nuclear apocalypses you try to rebuild society, in you image. An open world where you can do anything you please. Go anywhere. And find new adventure around every corner.

Gran Turismo 7
If your into racing games this may be your best choice. I've never really been into them. But I have friends that are and they usually pick up this title. Custom car builds, variety of racing tracks. I'm not the best to ask about this type.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
02-12-2015, 09:50 AM
(01-12-2015 11:15 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  As some of you already know, my hands are somewhat crippled. I've had four surgeries on my left hand this past year and a half, and finally my doc gave me the green light to try gaming.

I was given the PS4 Battlefront edition as a gift. I accepted graciously, since I know nothing about the different systems, and my brother plays on a PS4, so that means we can game together. So PlayStation has been chosen for me as my platform. No need to tell me what a terrible choice I've made.

It's been a very long time since I've played video games. The last one I owned was a N64 that I played for about a month before losing the use of my thumb. So tell me....other than FPSs (I know...the irony that I get Battlefront and don't like FPS) what are the essential games I need to bring me up to date? I'm already getting GTA, and love racing games. I'd like to try an rpg too.

Suggestions?

My son and I just got a PS4 this weekend, but we got the Nathan Drake Edition. I haven't played much of the first one yet, but it is supposed to be a great series. We got Fallout 4 too and it is awesome.

I believe you can also get the Elder Scrolls MMORPG for the PS4 as well and it shouldn't require a monthly subscription fee any more (except Playstation plus for online gaming costs $$$)

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
02-12-2015, 11:15 AM
(02-12-2015 09:50 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I believe you can also get the Elder Scrolls MMORPG for the PS4 as well and it shouldn't require a monthly subscription fee any more (except Playstation plus for online gaming costs $$$)
True, but I heard it sucks.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
02-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Oh, you bought a PS4 huh?

[Image: closeupgaben.jpg]
Sell it.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
02-12-2015, 11:35 AM
(02-12-2015 11:15 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 09:50 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I believe you can also get the Elder Scrolls MMORPG for the PS4 as well and it shouldn't require a monthly subscription fee any more (except Playstation plus for online gaming costs $$$)
True, but I heard it sucks.

I've got it for my computer and I like it.

-Rick
02-12-2015, 11:47 AM
(02-12-2015 11:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 11:15 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  True, but I heard it sucks.

I've got it for my computer and I like it.
Interesting. I don't know if I'll give it a try. I was addicted to both Oblivion and Skyrim...and the way those games play wouldn't translate well to a multiplayer experience IMO. In general I'm not a fan of co-op modes in RPGs though. When I have played MMOs in the past I usually solo.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
02-12-2015, 12:11 PM
(02-12-2015 11:47 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 11:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I've got it for my computer and I like it.
Interesting. I don't know if I'll give it a try. I was addicted to both Oblivion and Skyrim...and the way those games play wouldn't translate well to a multiplayer experience IMO. In general I'm not a fan of co-op modes in RPGs though. When I have played MMOs in the past I usually solo.

I play it solo when I play it. It's not as pretty as Skyrim, its graphics are on par with Oblivion (at least on my mac), but the world you can travel in is huge.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
02-12-2015, 03:03 PM
To echo the others...

The Last of Us...

It's quite possibly the best game I've played. I've played other games more times or for longer total play time.. But it's really ONE game that you should experience in your lifetime. Absolutely fantastic. Shouldn't require too much for. Your hands, except for the occasional button mash to open heavy doors or fight off a zambie.

I'd also recommend Fallout 4 on PC... But I guess it would be alright on console. It can be played a variety of ways if you want to avoid the rigors of shooters. You can push a button at any time to slow everything to a crawl and select targets.

If you enjoy more casual games, Telltale's Walking Dead season 1 and 2 are both incredible and way better than the show could ever hope to be. The Wolf Among Us is another telltale game that would be worth checking out, even if you're skeptical about the fairytale characters.. It's a dark and beautiful, gritty mystery adventure
02-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Woops. No Skyrim on PS4. Sorry. Thanks Adrianime.