Got any phobias???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2012, 09:54 PM
RE: Got any phobia's???
(20-08-2012 09:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 09:38 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  BEARS! COUGARS! ALLIGATORS! SHARKS!

and cancer Sad

Are there a lot of alligators and sharks in your part of Canada?

That reminds me. I have a friend who has a whale phobia. The fuck? Who even hangs out where you're going to encounter a whale?

Bears and Cougars

Sharks

A couple years ago before going to Florida I stressed for WEEKS about what I would do when I meet an Alligator walking down the street... I pictured one coming at me from sewers, ditches, ponds, bushes... I envisioned them everywhere.

Strangly enough I went on a whale tour and the whale swam right by our little crappy sketchy tour boat we hired, possibly even under. It was massive and then breeched not far away... no fear. Go figure.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
20-08-2012, 10:00 PM
(20-08-2012 09:34 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I have a snake phobia, which, as I've gotten older, seems to have morphed into a fear of my own white snake. Confused

sounds like you need to pet that white snake more.. give it a rub.. in time your fears will go away...

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
20-08-2012, 10:09 PM
(20-08-2012 10:00 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 09:34 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I have a snake phobia, which, as I've gotten older, seems to have morphed into a fear of my own white snake. Confused

sounds like you need to pet that white snake more.. give it a rub.. in time your fears will go away...

Nah, if you rub it, it makes it sick. On the ceiling, on a good day.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Red Celt's post
20-08-2012, 10:27 PM
@ RC - I'm sorry I triggered your apostrophe phobia. It's now fixed. I really don't know what came over me (shutup Erx). I'm usually pretty good with grammar...

@ Anjele - very interesting as I don't know anyone else who gets this phobia but apparently it's quite common in one from or another.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
20-08-2012, 10:34 PM
(20-08-2012 10:27 PM)aurora Wrote:  @ RC - I'm sorry I triggered your apostrophe phobia. It's now fixed. I really don't know what came over me (shutup Erx). I'm usually pretty good with grammar...

I'm utterly aware (even as I'm typing it) that pointing such things out... will just make people pissed off with me. But I just can't help myself. It's a personal flaw. We all have them and I just have to live with mine. Having other people live with them, however... usually they just get pissed off.

Oh, and it's not totally fixed. There's also the thread title. My email InBox is being spammed with "New Reply to Got any phobia's???‏" messages.

Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2012, 10:37 PM
(20-08-2012 10:34 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 10:27 PM)aurora Wrote:  @ RC - I'm sorry I triggered your apostrophe phobia. It's now fixed. I really don't know what came over me (shutup Erx). I'm usually pretty good with grammar...

I'm utterly aware (even as I'm typing it) that pointing such things out... will just make people pissed off with me. But I just can't help myself. It's a personal flaw. We all have them and I just have to live with mine. Having other people live with them, however... usually they just get pissed off.

Oh, and it's not totally fixed. There's also the thread title. My email InBox is being spammed with "New Reply to Got any phobia's???‏" messages.

Big Grin

It's okay. TheBeardedDude does this all the time. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
20-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Got any phobia's???

Big Grin

It's okay. LJ does this all the time. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-08-2012, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2012 10:50 PM by aurora.)
RE: Got any phobias???

Big Grin

Oh crap! It's fixed now......I friggin hope Wink

Can anyone tell me how to change a thread name???

20-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Got any phobia's???
(20-08-2012 10:46 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 10:34 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  I'm utterly aware (even as I'm typing it) that pointing such things out... will just make people pissed off with me. But I just can't help myself. It's a personal flaw. We all have them and I just have to live with mine. Having other people live with them, however... usually they just get pissed off.

Big Grin

Oh crap! It's fixed now......I friggin hope Wink

I can tell you.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-08-2012, 11:05 PM
RE: Got any phobias???
(20-08-2012 10:56 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 10:46 PM)aurora Wrote:  Oh crap! It's fixed now......I friggin hope Wink

I can tell you.

Buuuuuuuuuuut???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What are yours fears and phobias ? viocjit 89 1,886 06-05-2014 02:12 AM
Last Post: CindysRain
  Animal phobias? BrokenQuill92 33 872 29-12-2013 05:42 AM
Last Post: Juv