Got any phobias???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2012, 02:39 PM
RE: Got any phobias???
(21-08-2012 01:42 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(21-08-2012 07:29 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I have an irrational fear of spiders. I hate those fucking things.

I'm with you there, my family thinks it's hilarious to shout, "Look out, it's a spider!" and watch me jump 2 feet into the air and onto the ground.

Don't look now, RT, but I'm pretty sure there is a spider about to get you...

[Image: lolspider-watches-you1.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
21-08-2012, 02:42 PM
For those of you with arachnophobia, try this to help de-sensitize your fear:

http://www.onemotion.com/flash/spider/

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Nay, I ain't got one.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
21-08-2012, 03:05 PM
(21-08-2012 02:45 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Nay, I ain't got one.

I can give you something to be scared of.

[Image: i-put-the-std-in-stud.jpg]

~Izel
21-08-2012, 03:08 PM
(21-08-2012 02:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-08-2012 01:42 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I'm with you there, my family thinks it's hilarious to shout, "Look out, it's a spider!" and watch me jump 2 feet into the air and onto the ground.

Do you want a new phobia?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
21-08-2012, 04:13 PM
ok, well
when I was a kid I had this phobia to swim in deep places, I was a really good swimmer but for some reason I always thought that dead people will pull me down and make me drown o.O Does this phobia even have a name???
I also used to have this phobia to have my feet in a place where I can't see them, especially bare feet, because I always thought some creatures or dead people will hurt my feed.
(No I don't have a problem with dead people and never had, but I think I started watching really scary stuff a bit too early in my life)

Now I don't have any phobias anymore as per definition a phobia is an unreasonable fear of something. I am still scared or anxious about certain things but not phobic in any way. Smile Thanks God!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2012, 04:26 PM
(21-08-2012 02:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-08-2012 01:42 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I'm with you there, my family thinks it's hilarious to shout, "Look out, it's a spider!" and watch me jump 2 feet into the air and onto the ground.

Have I mentioned before that you're just fuckin' evil?Evil_monster

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Got any phobias???
(21-08-2012 03:08 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(21-08-2012 02:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Don't look now, RT, but I'm pretty sure there is a spider about to get you...

Do you want a new phobia?

Not really, but my curiosity makes me wonder what you had in mind. Confused

~Izel
21-08-2012, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 04:52 PM by Logica Humano.)
(21-08-2012 02:36 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Coulrophobia. Bad.

Boo.

[Image: mc2.jpg]

(21-08-2012 01:42 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(21-08-2012 07:29 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I have an irrational fear of spiders. I hate those fucking things.

I'm with you there, my family thinks it's hilarious to shout, "Look out, it's a spider!" and watch me jump 2 feet into the air and onto the ground.

It is pathetic when you are a grown man and you jump at the site of one. Though some of my childhood experiences with them don't help. I was locked inside a car with a ton of brown recluses crawling all over it while waiting for my dad to finish his work. Omigawd, I was scared shit-less. Another time, I turned on the light and two wolf spiders were chilling right at my foot.

FUCK! FUCK! THOSE FUCKERS NEED TO DIE! - 6 year old Logica.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
28-08-2012, 05:04 AM
As a guy I guess I'm immune to most of phobias. I don't mind insects, spiders, rats or snakes, they're all nice, relatively dry and clean animals with proper exoskeletons, vertebra and eyes. A spider walking is like a dance, it has to be for the legs to coordinate. I'm not enthusiastic about handling animals (hygiene) but I can if I have to.

I have a phobia, dunno how it's called, but it's about all kinds of caterpillars, worms and larvae. Specially the way how they move, that's just wrong, spineless and totally revolting. I can kill slugs without trouble and maybe withstand a garden variety worm or two (if not too big), but pests and carrion worms are worse.
And the worst of all are intestinal parasites, that's literally way too close for comfort. When there are some images on TV or news, I have to blur my sight or the image will haunt me at night.

To lighten the mood a little, here's a joke:
Two guys meet in the city and one's all joyful. The other asks, "Why are you suddenly so cheery?"
"Guess what, my first article went out today!"
"Hey, I didn't know you write for the newspaper."
"No newspaper, I've got a tapeworm!"

And maybe I'm a bit afraid of dogs, or just don't like them. The small ones are annoying and hyperactive, the big ones sometimes aggressive. I'm not good at body language and big dogs hate people who can't talk properly nonverbally. It awakens their wolf pack instincts and they'll try to remove the impure mutant (Aspergian) from genetic pool. The best way to get along with a big dog is to work hard and then be too tired to care about anything. I guess when I'm physically tired, the neglected instincts finally kick in.