Got any phobias???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2013, 10:26 PM
RE: Got any phobias???
Good thing I searched for this, I was about to make a new topic.

I have a phobia of both thunderstorms and needles, although both have decreased in intensity as I've gotten older.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2013, 11:08 PM
I dunno if there is a word for it but I have a fear of dehydration. I always carry water (more than I need) and I need a glass on the nightstand to sleep, even if I'm not thirsty or never take a sip of it.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Spiders...

HoboHoboHoboSadcryfaceHoboHoboHoboHobo

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
05-07-2013, 10:53 AM
(05-07-2013 10:42 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Spiders...

HoboHoboHoboSadcryfaceHoboHoboHoboHobo

I'm sorry did you mean 8 legged Nopes?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-07-2013, 01:25 PM
I don't know what it's called, but I'm afraid of the feeling of suede.

Weird right?
05-07-2013, 01:35 PM
(05-07-2013 01:25 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I don't know what it's called, but I'm afraid of the feeling of suede.

Weird right?

Whoa, that's the first I've heard of this. If you don't mind, could you explain this phobia to me? Like what is the thought process behind it?

For me and spiders, it's this irrational fear that I'm going to get bit and die. Even when I'm killing it, I'm jumpy because I'm afraid it will leap onto my hand/foot.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
05-07-2013, 01:56 PM
I have this fear of being in a small tube, like a vent or something like that, I have no problem with small spaces (like a small box) but with tubes...
And I'm developing a fear of roaches thanks to a few infestation in my new apartment, it's not nice to see 20 or 30 roaches crawling everywhere... it is nice to kill them though, crunchy XD

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
06-07-2013, 11:33 AM
needles.
You can take your needle and shove up your ass.

[Image: oscar.png]
06-07-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm pathetically terrified of Gwyneth Paltrow ever having any negative thoughts about me, does that count? Big Grin

Other than that, not really. I don't like shit crawling on me and I don't like heights 'cause I have a little voice in my head saying, "do it."

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Me, no, not any more. I had a strange phobia of flowers till I was about 14, until my grandma told me I fell in a rosebush at her home when I was three. Once I found that out my phobia began to dissipate. I still don't like touching them but doesn't . effect my life any more.
But my wife has a very strong and very real fear of baked beans. Apparently it's not that uncommon. And as I am sure someone will tell me, it does have a medical name, which I'm too disinterested to remember, and to lazy to look up. But over the past few years it's made for some interesting pranks. I put some in her shoes once, once under the door handle of her car. But by far the funniest was in water dispenser in the refrigerator with the filter taken out so when I asked her to get me a glass of water. Well, you can imagine. She's still angry now as she's watching me typing this. She got me back by re recording this message on my work phone. "hi you've reached Damon from Damon's Dildo's plc, if you would like to place an order just leave a messages specifying size and shape. Please be aware I personally test all products before they go on sale, so I can ensure my customers get Full satisfaction" as I work for a as a chef in a school it didn't go down well.