Got any phobias???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2013, 01:59 AM
RE: Got any phobias???
Extreme Necrophobia and Iatrophobia.

" My friends. You bow to no one. " - Aragorn

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. " — Samuel Clemens

Simple....buy low, sell high.

Life in Rivendell is nice .
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2013, 09:59 PM
As has been mentioned in previous posts, I have a fear of flying. It's not just that I'm slightly nervous or a white knuckle flier, I'm totally unable to fly now. I've actually gotten off of a plane just before the doors closed......twice. It's beyond fear. Once I took five xanax and it didn't even phase me. It might as well have been sugar pills. I wish I could get over it because I love to visit different places I just don't like traveling in a plane to get there.

Does anyone have any suggestions to overcome this fear? And don't tell me how safe it is to fly, I know it is. It's an irrational thing. Yeah, cars are more dangerous, I know that. But being so far up in the air just freaks me out.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
13-07-2013, 10:20 PM
(13-07-2013 09:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  As has been mentioned in previous posts, I have a fear of flying. It's not just that I'm slightly nervous or a white knuckle flier, I'm totally unable to fly now. I've actually gotten off of a plane just before the doors closed......twice. It's beyond fear. Once I took five xanax and it didn't even phase me. It might as well have been sugar pills. I wish I could get over it because I love to visit different places I just don't like traveling in a plane to get there.

Does anyone have any suggestions to overcome this fear? And don't tell me how safe it is to fly, I know it is. It's an irrational thing. Yeah, cars are more dangerous, I know that. But being so far up in the air just freaks me out.

Try a rollercoaster or similar rides. Those things are just like flying but on a smaller scale.

Go to a hotel with those glass elevators and take few rides in them. It will make you face your fear on a smaller scale maybe.

Plenty of ways to help deal with fear. The only way to resolve it is to face it without letting it control you.

I cant really speak since I've never had extreme fear so I can't even imagine it. From what I've read its all about managing the fear and once you fly a few times it should be reduced.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
14-07-2013, 04:29 AM
Claustrophobia? Speluncaphobia?

I may be mildly claustrophobic, but the idea of being in a low cave or mine gives me the willies.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-07-2013, 07:11 PM
(14-07-2013 04:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  Claustrophobia? Speluncaphobia?

I may be mildly claustrophobic, but the idea of being in a low cave or mine gives me the willies.

Large crowds can give me this feeling.
15-07-2013, 12:55 AM
I have a strong dislike of snakes in general, but I wouldn't call it a proper phobia. I can hold a small non-aggrasive one, but when I see one in the wild and I don't recognize it, I kill it. I can deal with a black snake or a garder snake.

Now, I DO have a really bizzare phobia. As far as I know there is no proper name for it. I don't even like to type it, or say it cause it gives me the willies to think about it. Yuck!

I have a fear of cooked beans.

Scroll down not to have to see what I typed. Anyhow, uncooked ones don't bother me at all. I even picked them for many summers to sell at the local farmers market and for my family to have, but when they're cooked I don't like to see them, smell them, be near them, nothing. Anything that gets to close to them I consider contaminated and I won't go near that thing either. My wife doesn't keep them anywhere in the house or anything and she doesn't eat them either for my benefit. I AM completely fine with coffee and chocolate, but that's about it.

Yes it's weird, I am well aware of that. I can deal with them more now than when I was younger, but I would certainly consider it a phobia still. I can cope with going to a buffet or something and skipping around them and the food around them if it's too close.

16-07-2013, 05:01 PM
I actually suffer from none of the common phobias, as far as I know I actually suffers from no phobias anymore.
I mean, there is stuff I'm scared of, but not so much I would call it a phobia.
17-07-2013, 01:00 AM
I'm terrified of clowns
17-07-2013, 01:58 AM
Re: Got any phobias???
This is strange, atheists full of irrational fear.
17-07-2013, 02:02 AM
(17-07-2013 01:58 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  This is strange, atheists full of irrational fear.

We are still humans,ya know?