Got any summer house renovations plans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Got any summer house renovations plans?
I love to watch This Old House and other shows like it. I also love to hear about what others are planning to do to their homes.

Guess what I'm planning to do? I get to remove our popcorn ceiling in the kitchen. Oh boy!!!! Fun times. Unfortunately it has a layer of paint over the top of it so it's going to be a bitch to take down. I had it tested for asbestos and it's free of asbestos.

Sigh. I hate popcorn ceilings. I know there isn't a god because if there was a god he wouldn't have allowed popcorn ceilings to exist.

Anyone else got reno plans? I'd love to hear whatcha got going.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-05-2017, 01:20 PM
RE: Got any summer house renovations plans?
Good luck getting rid of that ceiling! Ceilings are overrated, imo. Thumbsup

No plans here, though. I'll probably get around to doing the dishes again this summer. Drinking Beverage

But I would like it to rain, so our grass grows back. I also need to finish working on the planters in the front yard and replace our porch screening.
02-05-2017, 01:28 PM
This termite infested pile of rubble???

The best plan would involve a Jerry can full of gas and a pack of matches.....

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
02-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Gonna do everything it takes to get 'er ready to sell next spring, which means:
* declutter, declutter, declutter ... then restyle several rooms (hopefully with stuff we already have). We are competing with showhomes, so ...
* paint, paint and paint some more (pretty much every interior wall) in neutral colours.
* considering changing out our very old fridge for a new one, which means removing the top cabinets to make room.
*considering refinishing the kitchen cabinets, possibly painting the bathroom ones (or having them professionally painted)
*possibly installing mouldings in the dining room (or panels)
*recaulking windows and paint
*possibly removing carpet to install hardwood/laminate flooring

I have a friend who is a real estate agent who will be advising me on what's worth doing for the potential sale, so there could be more.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
02-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Actually I am moving in a week.
So I made a video for my youtube channel where I built my current flat in the Sims4.
Once I a moved and am done furnishing, I will also make a video where I build my new place.

Old place summer plan: Pack up and leave - fucking mould hole
New place summer plan:
Get new desks and desk drawers.
Furnish office and living room
Build bed and drawers for bedroom.
Move furniture around until I like how it is.
Keep the place clean
> I have some plans for decoration. Puzzle wall, nice carpet, making my own tile table for the living room and so on.

Also for those interested in what my current mould hole looks like, here is my Sims4 video where I built it.
(Kinda desynched voice over because I made a mistake when recording the voice over. But not like it matters, i am just rambling anyway there. You can turn the audio off and won't miss anything)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
02-05-2017, 02:22 PM
I will be happy just cleaning up the basement. It's a GD mess.

We try and do one 'big' project every year since we have an old house and we sort of have no choice.

Last year was the deck and 3 new windows. The list is long, so who knows what we tackle the year.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
02-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Yup.
Have to finish installing the molding, moving two lights, and painting the kitchen and bathroom of our LA condo. It's working out pretty well. It was fine when we bought it, but, has to be "poifect" ..... One of the neighbors was in and said "OMG, you have the nicest place in the building, who designed this place for you ?"

haha ... *as if* ... we had a damn "designer". Facepalm

Not sure what we'll waste our time on when it's done. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-05-2017, 04:29 PM
After our unexpected renovations last year I am hoping I can actually just lounge around in the pool this summer. Undecided

I am still missing some things that were moved in a hurry to keep them from getting damaged or plaster dusted or painted.

YAY for doing away with popcorn ceilings...most of that got removed when the other work was being done.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-05-2017, 04:51 PM
(02-05-2017 02:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yup.
Have to finish installing the molding, moving two lights, and painting the kitchen and bathroom of our LA condo. It's working out pretty well. It was fine when we bought it, but, has to be "poifect" ..... One of the neighbors was in and said "OMG, you have the nicest place in the building, who designed this place for you ?"

haha ... *as if* ... we had a damn "designer". Facepalm

Not sure what we'll waste our time on when it's done. Weeping

Photo's please! I swear, gay guys have some of the nicest houses I've ever seen. The have exceptional taste in decor. Maybe I'm just typecasting though.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-05-2017, 06:09 PM
I want a new oven. But the man informed me that I'd have to remodel the whole kitchen to fit it.

It's got me thinking.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post