Got any summer house renovations plans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: Got any summer house renovations plans?
(02-05-2017 06:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I want a new oven. But the man informed me that I'd have to remodel the whole kitchen to fit it.

It's got me thinking.

The most expensive room in a house to remodel.
Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
02-05-2017, 06:49 PM
(02-05-2017 06:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(02-05-2017 06:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I want a new oven. But the man informed me that I'd have to remodel the whole kitchen to fit it.

It's got me thinking.

Thumbsup

Not even close.....

Converting the den into a nursery would cost waaaaaayy more..

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
02-05-2017, 07:06 PM
(02-05-2017 06:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  

It's got me thinking.

Thumbsup

We have that and two and half baths that need updating too.

I don't this is happening anytime soon.

But I can dream, right?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-05-2017, 07:11 PM
I'm planning to gut the plaster walls in the front room on the 2nd floor of the house, upgrade the insulation, and re-drywall. That should keep me busy till next winter, by which time it darned well *better* be finished or it'll be a mite chilly in here.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
02-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Got any summer house renovations plans?
I am sick of renovations. In the past 2 years we have done the following renovations.

-New carpet in the entire house.
-New flooring in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Granite countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- New faucets in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- New furniture in the living room.
- New AC unit. (The old one died)
- All new windows in the entire house.
- New vinyl on the non brick parts of the house.
- New gutters and underground drains for them to go in.
- Had the outside of the house excavated and French drains installed
- Had the front driveway taken out and new concrete poured.
- Changed all the outside light fixtures and they are all LED now.

I need to redo my shop but I don't feel like screwing around with it now.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
02-05-2017, 07:50 PM
The stuff around here gets replaced basically on an as-needed basis. The floors were upgraded in '06, in the entire house, except for the bathrooms. The master bath has ceramic tile, as well as the shower/bathtub (which is a spa tub). It's been painted inside and out already. We had the old aluminum windows in the front of the house, and the aluminum framed sliding glass doors (family room and master bedroom) replaced with double pane vinyl windows and doors, and the lights to the sides of those sliding glass doors are also double pane vinyl. The fronts are now bay windows. I replace the remaining three bedroom's windows with double pane vinyl. The only flooring original to this house is the front bathroom, and the linoleum looks good (the wife likes it, too), so it isn't going to be replaced anytime soon. We have all energy star appliances, replaced as needed over the last 6 years. They have all fit into the space left by the old appliances.

I painted the front bathroom last year, and will freshen the master bath paint soon. Other than that, we'll need a roof sometime in the next 10 years. Maybe some plumbing will be required, but I check for leaks periodically (the pipes were originally in the slab floor, and are now in the attic- so if they spring a leak, it could be catastrophic).

One thing my wife wants is to replace the white painted cupboard doors with wood. We don't care about what is "in style" for a specific time period. We do what we like. I'll probably end up having new cupboard doors made, and simply update the face frames. I can buy pre-made doors for the cupboards way cheaper than I can make them (I have the tools/machinery for that, but it makes sense to have them made for less money and time).

OK, the place still looks like a bomb hit, because we have my MIL's stuff everywhere, which my wife claims she will sort through, though that hasn't happened yet, in 6 years. Dodgy
02-05-2017, 08:29 PM
(02-05-2017 07:20 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I am sick of renovations. In the past 2 years we have done the following renovations.

-New carpet in the entire house.
-New flooring in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Granite countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- New faucets in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- New furniture in the living room.
- New AC unit. (The old one died)
- All new windows in the entire house.
- New vinyl on the non brick parts of the house.
- New gutters and underground drains for them to go in.
- Had the outside of the house excavated and French drains installed
- Had the front driveway taken out and new concrete poured.
- Changed all the outside light fixtures and they are all LED now.

I need to redo my shop but I don't feel like screwing around with it now.

Oooooh crap we need new windows too and the house painted.

It's like that kid's book, If You Give A Moose A Muffin.

If we didn't have so much shit, it would be cheaper to move.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-05-2017, 09:46 PM
I live in an apartment so no.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
02-05-2017, 09:48 PM
We just had our roof done. Everytime the wind would blow I'd find pieces of roofing all over the lawn. It was a 20 year old roof and waaaaaay past the time to replace it.

But I'm super sick of the popcorn ceilings and since I decided to repaint the kitchen I looked up at that stupid lumpy popcorn and said to myself...."Self, let's do it!!!!!" So I've spent the last five days reading about all the pitfalls and best ideas on how to do remove it. Had it tested for asbestos and it's fine. I was kinda wishing it would have asbestos in it so then I'd HAVE to hire a professional. Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
02-05-2017, 10:32 PM
We just finished building a white picket fence across our vacant lot next door. My wife helped with the painting...our black lab is now a Dalmatian, the shrubbery is white too, so is part of the driveway, shoes, shirts, hats, tools... Dodgy

Now come the plants, lots of palms and hardy South Florida natives tolerant to drought, full sun and the occasional salt water flooding. If one day I stop showing up here you know what happened, she buried me in the back yard.

Shrubbery...Knights who say NI!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post