Got any summer house renovations plans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2017, 01:35 PM
RE: Got any summer house renovations plans?
(03-05-2017 01:32 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Popcorn update:

Sigh. There are places where the popcorn is thicker and the paint covering is thicker too and the water doesn't really penetrate. Grrrrr. I'm wetting it again and again and waiting. I'm gonna have myself a cup of tea while a section soaks. Some of the thinner areas are coming off pretty easy though.

Another guy said to try vinegar and water. May try that.

Laters......

Score it in a few places before you put the water on to soak.
Just scratch up the paint surface a bit so the water gets under it to soak into the other backing material.
That should speed things up for you.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
03-05-2017, 02:45 PM

Sigh. There are places where the popcorn is thicker and the paint covering is thicker too and the water doesn't really penetrate. Grrrrr. I'm wetting it again and again and waiting. I'm gonna have myself a cup of tea while a section soaks. Some of the thinner areas are coming off pretty easy though.

Laters......

[Image: How-Flamethrowers-Work.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
03-05-2017, 02:57 PM
(03-05-2017 01:35 PM)kim Wrote:  Score it

[Image: 34fa2bda-10aa-4f96-a5f5-038fa4777037_1.9...nBg=FFFFFF]

Go easy with it though or you'll be mudding the shit out of a bunch of little pin holes.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
03-05-2017, 02:59 PM
(03-05-2017 02:45 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

Laters......

[Image: How-Flamethrowers-Work.jpg]

Laugh out load Yeah. Burn the fucking house down instead of remove a painted popcorn ceiling. Yeah. So far it's been 3 hours. I have it half done. Who the fuck paints over popcorn ceilings. What a dumb ass.

We have a tri-level house and the ceilings are a bit low so the popcorn ceilings are very prominent. I'm doing this all by my little ole self while hubby is off at work enjoying himself. Gawd, I'm a nut!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
03-05-2017, 03:15 PM
My family's getting a deck put on the back of the house. Technically it'll probably happen in May, but still.

Mom apparently wants the kitchen repainted, but I don't know if it'll happen.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
03-05-2017, 03:43 PM
(03-05-2017 02:57 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 01:35 PM)kim Wrote:  Score it

[Image: 34fa2bda-10aa-4f96-a5f5-038fa4777037_1.9...nBg=FFFFFF]

Go easy with it though or you'll be mudding the shit out of a bunch of little pin holes.

It's too bumpy for a paper tiger to score it. I removed 6 layers of wallpaper once using that little Paper Tiger gadget and it was great because the fabric softener soaked into the the little holes it made and it pealed off quickly. Not so with the painted popcorn. I've hit it was a metal bristle scraper that you clean BBQ grills with but it didn't really make any difference. It's coming off but it's not like in the youtube tutorials. They lied to me....Dodgy The bastards!

03-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Dances, please wear a scarf or mask over your mouth and nose. I got terribly sick when the ceilings and other plaster work were being done here. I was sick for nearly three months due to inhaling that crap and I wasn't even the one doing the work. With your past sinus issues you want to protect them too.

It took three different strengths of antibiotics and coughing myself nearly unconscious several times to finally get all that crap out my lungs and sinuses.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-05-2017, 03:55 PM
(03-05-2017 01:21 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I am committed to cleaning and organizing.

Heart

You had me at committed...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
03-05-2017, 04:36 PM
(03-05-2017 03:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Dances, please wear a scarf or mask over your mouth and nose. I got terribly sick when the ceilings and other plaster work were being done here. I was sick for nearly three months due to inhaling that crap and I wasn't even the one doing the work. With your past sinus issues you want to protect them too.

It took three different strengths of antibiotics and coughing myself nearly unconscious several times to finally get all that crap out my lungs and sinuses.

I've got a mask over my face with special filters on it. I also have the air filter going and the sliding glass door open.

[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
03-05-2017, 04:40 PM
(03-05-2017 04:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 03:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Dances, please wear a scarf or mask over your mouth and nose. I got terribly sick when the ceilings and other plaster work were being done here. I was sick for nearly three months due to inhaling that crap and I wasn't even the one doing the work. With your past sinus issues you want to protect them too.

I've got a mask over my face with special filters on it. I also have the air filter going and the sliding glass door open.

Plan on changing HVAC filters too...probably more than once. That plaster dust is pretty fine and gets everywhere...we still find it here and there.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post