Got any summer house renovations plans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2017, 06:19 PM
RE: Got any summer house renovations plans?
(02-05-2017 06:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I want a new oven. But the man informed me that I'd have to remodel the whole kitchen to fit it.

It's got me thinking.

About the only thing going on around here is replacing the mouse damaged dishwasher (done today) and replacing the old wall oven that went in in 1986. The clock/timer gave up years ago so no control over oven timing. Just checked for a new one but, lets face it, there is no clock available for something that old, so new oven here we come.

I'm too old and crotchety to do anything I can avoid so the house will be remaining as is, period.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2017, 06:28 PM
(12-06-2017 09:45 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Luckily we've avoided the popcorn ceilings. Wall paper on the other hand I've had plenty of practice in removing. Used that scoring gadget, rented a steamer, used various concoctions: all miserable experiences. The worst was a vinyl type wallpaper that steam couldn't penetrate. It took a month of after work time scraping it off in small postage sized increments. Next time I sell my house, if the buyer is an asshole, I'm putting up that wallpaper.

Wallpaper is the worst! The stuff that was in this house was from the 80s, I think, and was not only hideous but it was a huge pain to get rid of. Thankfully it was only in the bathrooms.

Whoever decided to put plaid wallpaper on the top half of the walls in the small bathroom and splatter looking wallpaper on the bottom half with a huge floral band in between must have been drunk when they picked that combination out. Facepalm

The huge upstairs bath was done in a pale yellow wallpaper with little pink flowers and green vines all over it. We nearly gave up on the removal of that paper...took (literally) years of working on little areas to finally get all of it down. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-06-2017, 06:44 PM
Got any summer house renovations plans?
I am building a fence around my three very dense overgrown and rocky acres. The tree clearing alone is a pain in the ass much less the fence part. Probably going to hire an extra hand to help out. It's a lot of work alone especially after my spine surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
21-06-2017, 09:42 AM
I'm off most of the day today (minus one yoga class) because workmen are coming to work on my house--specifically my fence, sprinkler system, and a garden area I have. I also have a few indoor repairs (my shower door is fucked). It's going to be a hot one (102 today). Here's hoping to seeing some hot shirtless guys in my backyard. Big Grin Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
21-06-2017, 10:20 AM
(12-06-2017 08:53 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Couple of minor things in the kitchen.

Stove top
Oven
Dishwasher
Refrigerator
Freezer
Cabinets and shelves.

Same floor.
Ordered the dishwasher in early May.

"It will be here on the 24th."

On the 24th: "It will be here on the 7th."

On June 7th: "The 7th is when they are shipping it. It will be here on the 2oth."

On June 20th: "It's here, but there's a part mission. We ordered a replacement. It will be here on the 24th of July."

And so it goes...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user