Got my "Who Gave How Much" book today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2013, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 09:19 PM by LadyJane.)
Got my "Who Gave How Much" book today
The Catholic church I attended from 6th grade till HS graduation puts out a book every year listing who gave how much.

Today I received the annual "Who Gave How Much" book for the Catholic high school I went to.

Donations are cross-referenced by name and by graduation year. I generally find this to be pretty offensive but there is one part I do enjoy. In the back they list "Lost Alumni". I have to harass my sister every year because she has been listed there for quite a few years now...I threaten to reveal her location.

She is using the same name she used when a student there. She is on Facebook and LinkedIn as well as being easy to Google. I guess they aren't allowed to use technology to find her...or any of the others.

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: Got my "Who Gave How Much" book today
(08-02-2013 06:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The Catholic church I attended from 6th grade till HS graduation puts out a book every year listing who gave how much.

Today I received the annual "Who Gave How Much" book for the Catholic high school I went to.

Donations are cross-referenced by name and by graduation year. I generally find this to be pretty offensive but there is one part I do enjoy. In the back they list "Lost Alumni". I have to harass my sister every year because she has been listed there for quite a few years now...I threaten to reveal her location.

She is using the same name she used when a student there. She is on Facebook and LinkedIn as well as being easy to Google. I guess they aren't allowed to use technology to find her...or any of the others.
Was your location "inspired", or "revealed" ? Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study.
08-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Either my baby brother ratted me out or I have been stalked for decades.

08-02-2013, 09:21 PM
What?? They list how much money you give and keep records of it? No anonymity? I've never heard this before, my Catholic HS didn't do this.
08-02-2013, 09:39 PM
We get occasional 'please give us money' mailings from the Catholic church we attended many years ago. We toss them in the recycle bin, naturally. The idea that the church may be publishing lists like this makes me wanna hit something. Not that I feel bad for being listed as a noncontributor, but rather that the lumps that faithfully attend such a house of evil might look at my name and wonder if <churchladyvoice> Satan! </churchladyvoice> got me.

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
08-02-2013, 09:42 PM
It's all there...full name...some with spouse listed. The graduation year and $ ranges of the donation amount and those are pretty narrow like $50.00 - $100.00.
You can look people up by name or grad year. Scattered throughout are pictures from yearbooks. There is a list of business donations and memorials noting amounts.
of course it comes with a plea for cash and envelope for same.
New this year is a card asking that you remember the school in your will.
Classy huh?!?